Page 2634 of 2635 FirstFirst ... 163421342534258426242632263326342635 LastLast
Results 39,496 to 39,510 of 39521

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Niels Abildgaard View Post
    I am not sure it was claimed that the 125 thing would do 500 rps,
    but that ignition system could?.
    The 30K straight came from the horse ass I mean mouth...

Quote Originally Posted by lucf View Post

We still can made the engine with 70hp and a max speed of 30k
    But that is not the engine we want to sell, so after a long search we managed to get the result we published.

Regards,
    Luc
    [LUCFLucF
    Re: 2 stroke thread (with occasional F1 relevance!)
    Post 07 Aug 2015, 00:35

Ryger Engine built by Mcd Twist Ryger Engine
    125 cc, over 80% less emissions, 70 bhp, max. rpm 30.000.

Ryger Engine production running in high gear in order to meet cik regulations.

I can't find the button to attache pictures!! So .... https://www.facebook.com/mcd.twist.9?pnref=story
    https://www.f1technical.net/forum/vi...0966&start=645

Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    The Ryger effect is a process in which large amounts of money are transformed into over-hyped smoke and mirrors, gag orders and condescending insults to anyone who questions the validly in anyway of a secret design that alledgdly makes 1.5 times the power of the most powerfull engine 70Hp for a 125 and revs to 30,000rpm
    He also claimed to have had somewhat fictitious conversations with me via PM where it seems I claimed I would not share the patent holders name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1991 MZ 301
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    The 30K straight came from the horse ass I mean mouth...

I had not seen that for hatesmokescreen

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Niels Abildgaard View Post
    A very pleasant read . Thank you Dr Lennarth Zander.

Bike
    1975 Hodaka Wombat
    Compounding two strokes has been studied for a long time and is still used today. My favorite examples are the Rolls Royce Crecy and the Napier Nomad. Modern examples are container ship diesel two strokes and snow mobile engines. The best modern change is the development of the electric motor/generator coupled with the turbocharger. This allows startup and low rpm scavenging without a mechanical blower. If you add a battery pack you can store excess power from the turbine as well as regenerative braking from a hybrid drive system. This is the Formula 1 system. I believe Garrett is exploring this application though with four stroke engines. It would be a perfect combination with the Achetes opposed two stroke.

I happen to have a motor generator. I'm not sure exactly what it is and it would need an electronic controller to work. If anyone has a use for it I would glad to give it to you for the shipping cost.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010007.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	699.0 KB 
ID:	354736

Lohring Miller

Bike
    TZ400
    Frits , you are always strangely silent when anything Ryger is mentioned , yes I know a NDA was in place , but I believe you actually drove a kart with the engine on board.
    My tin foil hat is crinkling as I write this.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    husaberg
    Als je niets aardigs te zeggen hebt, zeg dan helemaal niets
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TZ400
    TZ250 - 3XV Toroid with 10mm plug - 56 Bore
    TZ400 - Toroid with 14mm plug - 66 Bore
    Both 50% SAR.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3XV Toroid.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	791.3 KB 
ID:	354746  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    -

Application of MAN Loop Scavenging in a 125 cc Two-Stroke Racing Engine

Looks like there may be some performance to be found in our good old two-strokes after all - even if the baseline is a certain "125cm³ motorbike racing engine from Aprilia"

Basis
    A 125 cm³ motorbike racing engine from Aprilia is used as the basis for the simulations...
    Abstract
    The use of MAN-type loop scavenging port arrangements in a 125 cc two-stroke racing engi-ne is being investigated. These make it possible to provide larger cross-sections for the trans-fer ports, but at the expense of the exhaust port cross-section. The investigation is carried out using 1D calculations with GT-Suite. It is shown that significantly higher maximum outputs are possible in this way. However, this requires large exhaust widths, as otherwise the exhaust port is too small and the advantage of the larger transfer cross-section is overcompensated. Mixed forms between the original MAN loop scavenging and Schnürle loop scavenging can represent a good compromise. One open point is the quality of the scavenging. A study found in the literature on the use of MAN loop scavenging on a small engine shows significantly worse results than is known from large engines. There is still a need for further investigation here.
    Conclusions
    It has been shown that port arrangements of the MAN loop scavenging type have the potential to achieve higher peak outputs than is possible with conventional configurations. A configuration with the same maximum output as the basis but a wider power band is also shown...
    You can access and download the paper here:
    https://mobilityrxiv.sae.org/preprin...--sae-pp-00395

Bike
    KR1S, KX500, gamma500, tomos
    Haufen, I would say that we have loop scavenging if there is transfer port beneath exhaust port on existing cylinders we use today. ..short circuiting comes on my mind immediately .
    Loop was abandoned on diesels because of scavenge efficiency, especially when long strokes were introduced.
    Uniflow is unbeatable.

Bike
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    TZ250 - 3XV Toroid with 10mm plug - 56 Bore
    TZ400 - Toroid with 14mm plug - 66 Bore
    Both 50% SAR.
    Woobly
    Can you tell me if there is an ideal thickness of the aluminum between the bowl and the exterior?

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Haufen View Post
    Looks like there may be some performance to be found in our good old two-strokes after all.... You can access and download the paper here:
    https://mobilityrxiv.sae.org/preprin...--sae-pp-00395
    This 'Novel Port Design' looks strangely familiar

Name:	laser-01.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	354753Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20180531-WA0003.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	354752

Bike
    TZ400
    Porttiming 124 - the combustion bowl thickness depends entirely upon how much support the cover can provide.
    You can regard the bowl inner face as a cantilevered beam , clamped at the bore and with a uniformly distributed load across it from the peak cylinder pressure.
    In the 3XV design I ended up with 7mm thickness , as the cover , when the assembly was analyzed in FEA equalized the stress level across the bowl by its added support around the plug sealing face.
    Without sufficient cover support the 6061 insert would come close to the the yield point of the material.

Bike
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Porttiming 124 - the combustion bowl thickness depends entirely upon how much support the cover can provide.
    You can regard the bowl inner face as a cantilevered beam , clamped at the bore and with a uniformly distributed load across it from the peak cylinder pressure.
    In the 3XV design I ended up with 7mm thickness , as the cover , when the assembly was analyzed in FEA equalized the stress level across the bowl by its added support around the plug sealing face.
    Without sufficient cover support the 6061 insert would come close the the yield point of the material.
    Perfect thank you

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by yatasaki View Post
    Haufen, I would say that we have loop scavenging if there is transfer port beneath exhaust port on existing cylinders we use today. ..short circuiting comes on my mind immediately .
    Loop was abandoned on diesels because of scavenge efficiency, especially when long strokes were introduced.
    Uniflow is unbeatable.
    Uniflow has it's issues also...

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by yatasaki View Post
    I agree, short circuiting will be one of the 'hot' topics if there are transfer ports below the exhaust port. Speaking of hot - as will be temperature and heat transferred to the fresh charge in these ports. The former might not be that worse if the relative angle between the ports and the exhaust port is considered. For ports beneath the exhaust port, the charge would have to make a 180° U-turn to short circuit out of the exhaust. This is more than between the main transfer ports and the exhaust window in the conventional configuration - in most cases at least. The latter could be kept in check by water cooling and careful design of the coolant circuit, especially to shield the transfers from exhaust heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    This 'Novel Port Design' looks strangely familiar

Name:	laser-01.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	354753Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20180531-WA0003.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	354752

You mean the novel port design by Fleck et al from 2006 which is quoted in the paper in Figure 4? Other than that both designs have ports all around the bore, I don't see any resemblance? One is loop, yours is a symmetrical fountain (is there a correct wording for this?), one has one exhaust pipe, yours has two.

I would love to see the potential of such systems demonstrated on a running engine. From what I understood, getting your FOS system to work has been quite challenging so far - and there are also no results available (?) from the Fleck engine either. From a complexity and novelty (on smaller and high reving engines at least) standpoint, I would put the Fleck Design somewhere between the conventional loop and your FOS design.

Thread Information