Page 479 of 2636 FirstFirst ... 3794294694774784794804814895295799791479 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 39540

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Thanks for the hug we all need a hug at times esp my signiture pic, but Frits I am afraid my Italian is worse than woefully non existent (ie its all... er Greek to me). So to save me the pain of Translate via boobblefish or similar from the text.Did it work ok with any useful gains.I must say even with searches i have never came across anything remotely similar.
    oh yeah mirrored bobweights cunning. Also was the curves (Bell) remotely close to what would actually happen?
    but i guess no love on the inverted dykes rings for pipe sealing. I did think that would appeal to a Dutchman
    I have no information re how it worked, Husa. The article says it's great. But then it would, wouldn't it?
    I cannot enlarge the Bell curves you posted. And I can't be bothered to dig up my copy of the Bell book either; it is usually a waste of time.
    Finally I will have you know that I am not so much into dykes; I am more of a ladies man .

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    I have no information re how it worked, Husa. The article says it's great. But then it would, wouldn't it?
    I cannot enlarge the Bell curves you posted. And I can't be bothered to dig up my copy of the Bell book either; it is usually a waste of time.
    Finally I will have you know that I am not so much into dykes; I am more of a ladies man .
    Bell Curve as i have said before it is a shame there is no modern two stoke book
    That should work.(the attachment)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	late closing.JPG 
Views:	602 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	261833  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    none
    Bell Curve as i have said before it is a shame there is no modern two stoke book
    That should work.(the attachment)
    It did work. And here Bell is right, as far as the effect the altered disk timing would have on the power curve.
    But the exhaust pipe decides how the power curve will look and the disk timing is only a minor player in this field.

Bike
    husaberg
    It did work. And here Bell is right, as far as the effect the altered disk timing would have on the power curve.
    But the exhaust pipe decides how the power curve will look and the disk timing is only a minor player in this field.
    so assuming it could be built reliably what sort of gains in drive-ability could be expected if you don't mind making an assumption 5% 10%( i realise it is a big ask) to hazard an assumption like that. Maybe someone with access to a sim could simulate it? anyone? Say based on a known simulation for a Suzuki gp125?
    i guess any increase in spread of power would be more useful on a single speed kart though.

ok posted here as a wide reader base but please no arguments on rules here.put them here
    to save clogging the thread.
    legal or not ps not translated the site is as is. the wording could be construed as ambiguous i guess.Much like the rules.
    http://http://www.lgkstore.it/en/store/product/view/121/1504

20mm with 113mm wheelbase conrod for 125cc (adaptable SGM) (Code: RKD 534 )

Double life - Complete 20mm crank pin high quality
    High quality, ground and grappled, this type of axle supports up to 2 revisions
    Complete round crack pin washer and lower roller bearing.
    Provenance Moto GP
    Price: 45.00 EUR
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    N/A
    ie its all... er Greek to me
    Arrgh!
    The only resemblance between greek and italian (= latin -> even english partly came from latin) is the hugeness of the languages!
    But latin is a dead language, so Ζητω τα Ελληνικα!

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by dinamik2t View Post
    Arrgh!
    The only resemblance between greek and italian (= latin -> even english partly came from latin) is the hugeness of the languages!
    Ζητω τα Ελληνικα

Seems to have lasted pretty well so far !
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    TZ400
    Here is a sim run from GP125 with 36mm carb.The 24mm carb high velocity and area reduction showed little difference with RV changes.
    The stock timing for this setup was 140-88 a very normal racing engine duration spec.
    I then symmetrically retarded the valve to 158-70.
    Then after seeing the result of closing early only with a servo setup on an old BigHorn experiment,I symmetrically reduced the timing 10* each side to 130-70.
    The sim showed the basic effects, but cannot show the proven issue that when opening any earlier than 140 the carburation becomes impossibly finicky to tune.
    Thus the symmetrical retard I believe would have a small effect on the power spread - hamstrung by the bad carburation in the midrange.
    But the symmetrical reduction of both sides of the port would have alot more positive effect, with better throttle response as well as an improvement from the retarded closing point.
    This can be achieved with a setup like a pair of scissors oriented vertically, sweeping open and closed symmetrically across the port.

Name:	GP125 RV Tests.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	311.3 KB 
ID:	261837  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia

re posting comments from this site to another

is it ok to post some of the comments/quotes and information from this site on another forum... i dont want to breach any rules or upset anyone, so thought it best to ask. thanks..

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    is it ok to post some of the comments/quotes and information from this site on another forum... i dont want to breach any rules or upset anyone, so thought it best to ask. thanks..
    Maybe, the better idea is to post your comments with links on the other forum that link back to this thread, that way the source is acknowledged and people can checkout what you say for themselves, its the way TeeZee has been doing it since the beginning on this thread.

Bike
    Several
    Stumbled across this and thought about that pipe sealing issue.

http://www.crossmanufacturing.com/brush_seals.html

I guess they would be no good for with reciprocating motion but the ide is smart and got me thinking...
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    so assuming it could be built reliably what sort of gains in drive-ability could be expected if you don't mind making an assumption 5% 10%( i realise it is a big ask) to hazard an assumption like that. Maybe someone with access to a sim could simulate it? anyone? Say based on a known simulation for a Suzuki gp125?
    i guess any increase in spread of power would be more useful on a single speed kart though.

ok posted here as a wide reader base but please no arguments on rules here.put them here
    legal or not ps not translated the site is as is. the wording could be construed as ambiguous i guess.Much like the rules.
    http://http://www.lgkstore.it/en/store/product/view/121/1504

20mm with 113mm wheelbase conrod for 125cc (adaptable SGM) (Code: RKD 534 )

Double life - Complete 20mm crank pin high quality
    High quality, ground and grappled, this type of axle supports up to 2 revisions
    Complete round crack pin washer and lower roller bearing.
    Provenance Moto GP
    Price: 45.00 EUR
    um, its says "Racing Kart"??
    if you want a 20mm pin rod & can live with 110mm then RS125/AF1 Aprilia. Totally legal beagle. Someone told me they ran them in 256 Rotaxs as an upgrade (bigger pin etc). & suits 15mm piston pin or 14mm with a 14x19 bearing (which std MB is & you can get wider ones from Samarin).
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    More news from Richard Maas. Did his trombone pipe give the desired results? O yes .... Only problem so far: the piece of pipe that is fixed to the cylinder, is shrouded by the pipe that slides over it, so it gets very hot. Too hot for the Viton O-ring that is taking care of sealing. Any bright ideas, anyone?
    These are high pressure gas compressor segmented piston rod packing rings. They work a bit like a piston ring where the gas pressure helps them seal. Unlike a piston ring that expands out, these are squeezed in, the flat faces seal in the housing like the side of a piston ring does, when the gas pressure pushes it against the side of the ring grove.

They are usually used in an indexed stack (you can see the little locating dowels and alignment holes) so the gas does not easily pass through the segment cuts.

These ones are carbon filled Teflon but there are bronze ones and anyway if your making your own you can make them any size and from whatever material you like. To get a hole that's perfectly round and that has some crush on the shaft, you temporarily expand the segments with small keepers before boring them to size.

Name:	Segmented Rings 3.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	230.2 KB 
ID:	261848   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Segmented Ring 1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	260.4 KB 
ID:	261849   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Segmented Ring 2.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	232.4 KB 
ID:	261850  

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by dinamik2t View Post
    Arrgh!
    I er....was quoting Shakespeare, it was a mare play on words.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_to_me

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    um, its says "Racing Kart"??
    if you want a 20mm pin rod & can live with 110mm then RS125/AF1 Aprilia. Totally legal beagle. Someone told me they ran them in 256 Rotaxs as an upgrade (bigger pin etc). & suits 15mm piston pin or 14mm with a 14x19 bearing (which std MB is & you can get wider ones from Samarin).
    gee Dave follow the link of where to debate it would ya, it's in the original text.
    debate is healthy

Oh thanks Frits and Wob for your insights
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    -
    Well I had a brilliant weekend in Wellington over easter. My bike ran rather well, I think the issue I was having at high rpm may have been due to a lack luster method of exhaust mounting, a couple of extra springs seems to have worked a treat.

I only got to race in one of the points races on sunday, I managed to stuff it up attempting to ride around the outside of someone, ran out of track and got fixated on the grass. My crash bent the gear selector shaft which pushed the oil seal out of shape. Couldn't find a suitable peice of pipe to bend it back into shape so that was the end of my weekend racing.
    However I had the time of my life, Kaitoke is a awesome!! track, AND I didn't suffer any '2 stroke' issues over the weekend, only a 'rider fuck up and crash' issue, which is inherrent with buckets so I am pretty happy.

Pulled my engine apart on tuesday as I wanted to check the bent shaft was the only damage and ensure I got it nice and straight. Also while its apart I am experimenting with the balance factor, trying to smooth out some of the vibration. Trying a balance factor of around 52% instead of he current 55% so have added about 10g of epoxy, will let you know how it affects the vibrations.

Snapped a pic of the marks on top of my piston while I was at it, any comments are much appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-10 17.04.44.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	261902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-12 21.19.38.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	261903

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by ac3_snow View Post
    I managed to stuff it up attempting to ride around the outside of someone
    The favourable camber drops away a lot more than it looks like as you get wide on that corner...
    Heinz Varieties

Thread Information