Let me know when it is on
    Motorcycle Riding Instructor
    Morgan and Wacker Motorcycle Training Centre
    Brisbane,
    Australia

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    Give me a date and I'll try and arrange leave.

I shall be there,

Bike
    2011 Yamaha xvs1100
    Road Safety Barrier Systems Workshop Suncourt Motor Hotel and Conference Centre, Taupo 4-5 December 2007

From what I read on this thread, the ideal date will be Tuesday 4th to do a protest ride.
    "I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage.
    They've experienced pain and brought jewelry." - Rita Rudner
    A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    hXc will not be there, he has an exam that day.
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    90% sure I can make it. It's nice and central, so a good turn out should be on the cards.

Bike
    06 625 SMC
    I'll be there! As my sister said (Meekey_mouse) we have space for people who might need a place to stay

Bike
    Undecided
    Count me in...

Bike
    2009 DRZ400e
    Ok, so are we gathering there or meeting at another place and riding there as a group? The latter might have bit more of an impact imo

Bike
    Undecided
    Quote Originally Posted by Meekey_Mouse View Post
    Ok, so are we gathering there or meeting at another place and riding there as a group? The latter might have bit more of an impact imo
    Could all meet at the lakefront? Heaps of parking in the parking bays etc... Oh and theres food.. Its all about the food..

Bike
    2009 DRZ400e
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountlocal1 View Post
    Could all meet at the lakefront? Heaps of parking in the parking bays etc... Oh and theres food.. Its all about the food..
    If you were thinking about the Subway lake front area... that's only a block over from the Suncourt hotel, so a ride to the hotel won't cause much stir... Depends also on how many bikes as there isn't loads of parking in front of Subway. Generally if cars take up the car parks there is enough room for about 15-20 bikes if parked close.

Can a Mod please put up an attendance list or something so we know roughly how many people will be able to make it?

Bike
    2009 DRZ400e
    Quote Originally Posted by Grub View Post
    An opportunity, maybe the best we will ever have, to make the point about the cheescutter barriers. A huge turnout of bikes and a quiet word to TV3 would be just too good an opportunity to miss.
    Do we want media to this? If so I should be able to get at the very least one reporter from The Weekender... might be able to get one from the Taupo Times and could always try bigger newspaper companies such as The Herald. I also know a contact who might be able to put something into the Manawatu Standard.

What do you guys/gals think?
    "I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on"
    -Roseanne Barr-

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Having seen what was sorted at extremely short notice, I think that this could be "The Big One" without too much difficulty - i.e, all the regional protest rides are just lead-up events to The Big One.

And perhaps a Mod could move this into the CC area...
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike
    2000 Honda CBR600F4, RG50/GL145 Bucket
    Great response team. How's this sound for starters (this text now in the thread opener)
    - Tuesday 4 December
    - 12 noon or 1230 when they break for lunch (can anyone local find this out for us? You'd need to be sneaky about it)
    - Assembly down at the yacht basin, ride out the south end of the basin onto the main road, up Spa Rd, along the back of Taupo to come out on SH5 Napier-Taupo Rd and back along the lake front to the Suncourt Motel
    - Assemble/park on the huge grass area outside the Suncourt, face the motel and bow our heads in silence for 2 minutes at least (it will feel like forever).

Somehow I visualise the noise of a hundred bikes idling suddenly being shut down all together and the silence that follows would have a stunning impact. It would send a message about how serious we think the issue is and it would surprise the hell out of people who think that there will be lots of shouting and revving of bikes.

Noise and aggression is what most people expect of "bikies" and this would (I hope) leave them speechless.

If we have this about right, we'll put up a calendar item so people can register if they wish (although this doesn't seem to indicate actual numbers to expect)

Here's a map of the ride route idea. It's 20 mins at normal pace so lets say it will take 30. The route itself hits major visibility spots like the basin, the main street, Spa Rd is one busy road, SH5 Napier-Taupo has huge visibility as does the lake front all the way to the motel. Any other thoughts anyone?
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...&t=h&z=14&om=1

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Only problem with the route is the 'T' at SH5 and SH1 - it can be a frustrating exercise getting through that...imagine trying to get 100's (?) of bikes across en masse? Yes, I know that a marshall could hold up traffic, but I can't help but wonder if a better way would be to meet up at BP Wairakei and just head straight down SH1, even with the roundabout at Spa Rd...
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Thread Information