Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Gear and Streetstock

Bike
    My wings a pencil

New Gear and Streetstock

Well I finally got myself sorted out and have bought the right gear for going racing.

I got today from Rick at lifestyle imports my flash new one piece suit.. Awesome. I got from Phil Turnbulls a pair of Gaerne boots and Dririder gloves. I was very lucky to get my Shark RS800 helmet half price from Freedom Honda when dad bought his Bandit.

My goals for this year in Streetstock.
    1, firstly make an appearance
    2, Meet and greet all you famous KB'ers
    3, Learn some track skills
    4, Have a good time
    5, Not go bankrupt
    6, Not make an arse of myself.

So towards these goals I have joined the VMCC. I have met RG100 and Ivan. (Sorry to anyone else that I have met from KB just cant relate you to the site), And have harased Bert, RG100 and a few others for tips. Thanks to Phil as well for helping me out with admin stuff.

Oh and I made an appearance at the first round of the winter series as a spectator.

So thank you to everyone so far, and I hope to see you all at an event soon.
    Will keep you updated as to how I go.

I have included some photos of me in my new gear and one of my machine. (the one in the middle is when I got my bike, and yes that is not a riding jacket and no i wasnt riding in it)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00050.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	33376   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matt.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	33377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00032.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	208.9 KB 
ID:	33378  

Bike
    Apriliaaah!
    Good on ya mate, will look forward to hearing how you get on!

Bike
    WEAPON
    Wicked stuff mate, get a tinted visor for a ya lid though and that'll complete the package, if you can't afford one use some black spray paint, the bizzo.

Come say gidday to me and Dss3, i'm GSXR mounted (66) and Daz is on an R1 (104) if you need a hand with anything on the day or whatever, we'll be glad to help, lines, tyres, tips.

P.S. with manfeild the best tip i's can give ya is basiclly when everyone is lining up for the hairpin on lap 1, hang to the RH side (outside) and dash right onto the ring road re join on the main straight, in a 6 lap race you should be able to lap everyone easy and shave a good 50 secs off your lap time, mint! Haven't used it myself, i'm saving that for when i come up against Shirrifs
    GSXR wiping the shit that is that Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki off the road since '85'

All you Gixxer riders check it out http://www.gixxerplanet.com/home/ind...referrerid=235
    For all your riding saftey gear needs and Remus Mufflers check out www.quasimoto.co.nz
    Anything Suzuki! Rock into Colemans and check it out www.colemans-suzuki.co.nz

Bike
    Walking
    Look forward to seeing you out there Matt.

Ask Bert about his setup tips. apparently you burn off the electrical tape from the wiring loom to save weight.

Ain't that right Bert?!!

Bike
    My wings a pencil

Thumbs up VMCC Round 2 prep

Right just wanted to give you all an update on how I am doing with preparation. Have tonight got most of the bits on my bike sorted. Removed the side fairings and mounting parts. Removed headlights and all indicators.(ok yes I got a little over excited and removed the brake lights as well, but they going back on quick smart).

I have changed the coolant and oil.

I have lockwired all the bits that need to be lockwired. Still have to make a catch can but will knock that off tomorrow.

For some reason I am having sleepless nights. Its like the night before christmas and Im 6. But its still days away from racing. I drift off into daydreams at work as well.

Will get some number stickers tomorrow. 26 is my number so look out for me. Not really looking to impress anyone at this stage. I have beaten it into my head that Im out there to learn in this series(you never stop learning though) and not to go overboard. The whole $10 bill thing to all you Keith Code gurus.

So im really looking forward to racing and meeting all you KB'ers that are going to be there.
    On the day I will have plenty of cable ties and most of my tools if anyone is caught out missing such things.

Is Craig Shirrifs going to be there? that guy is a bloody legend!!

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    I'll be there on saturday...lurking and watching...I'll come say giday if I see ya in the pits
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    My wings a pencil
    yes I get to meet the famous COWPOOS

Bike
    2011 yz450f
    Its fun racing I met Cowpoos at the last round when i was standing at Shauns pit
    Blindspott are back as Blacklist check them out
    www.blacklistmusicnz.co.nz

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Where ya gonna pit Matt?

Bike
    1992 VFR400R, 2007 SV650 Pro Twin
    Great to see another CBR in the streetstock, I've been working hardout on mine, since yesterday, I decided that it might blow up if I don't adjust the valves. Put it (mostly) back together today, and it's running on all cylinders, so I must have fixed it. Well anyway I know how you feel, and I'm a prolific daydreamer myself. I think daydreaming is an important part of racing, cause it is a bloody effective way to analyse what you are doing on the track and how to improve it. It's not all that useful until you've been on the track though. Still daydreaming about racing is fun, only problem is when you are supposed to be sleeping, and you are wide awake with adrenalin thinking about the racing.

Oh yeah, I'm number 78 with the now mostly black CBR250RR

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by MattRSK
    Right just wanted to give you all an update on how I am doing with preparation.
    Looking and sounding good man, good luck aye, reckon ya going about it the right way... might even see ya down here some time.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    My wings a pencil
    Hey guess I will pit where you and ivan are pitting glenn. Still trying to organise a trailer from work to get my bike out there. Hey vtec I found this little knob you can turn on my bike thats inside my bike near the top of the motor, I will show it to you on saturday I have no idea what it does???. Yeah you might see me in christchurch over new years if I go on the disorganised south island trip.

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec
    Great to see another CBR in the streetstock, I've been working hardout on mine, since yesterday, I decided that it might blow up if I don't adjust the valves. Put it (mostly) back together today, and it's running on all cylinders, so I must have fixed it.

FUck. Now its going to be even faster down the straights than last time.

I hope Ivan did a good job on the RG150 i'm on .

Bike
    Walking
    Hope you fellas have read the Vic club rules about your 250's having to have one spark plug lead disconnected at all times. Got'a keep it fair now!!

Bike
    My wings a pencil
    yeah sure might even take the front wheel off too that will even it up for sure.

Thread Information