Thread: Hand Guard Mitts

Bike
    ES XTZ

Hand Guard Mitts

Anyone with recommendations of what they use and why..

Hippo Hands look pretty good but expensive i reckon

https://adventurebikeaustralia.com.a...s/hippo-hands/

Givi seem ok and priced better

https://www.casboltsmotorcycles.co.n...d-mittens-givi

Stoney Creek from Farmlands look a bit more open compared to the above ones but seem priced right..

https://www.casboltsmotorcycles.co.n...d-mittens-givi

Same with Outback Oilskin type

https://www.armyandoutdoors.co.nz/pr...845b09ad&_ss=c

Bike
    R100GSPD
    no direct experience with mitts. A mate had hippo hands seemed very good.
    With my own experience of bikes that sheltered your hands from the wind(a k100rs where the mirrors were almost directly in front of your hands,and a R100gs which had hand guards) any kind of mitts which keep the rain and the wind of your hands will be very very good! In any longer ride there will be potential for some water to run down your jacket sleeves into the mitt,esp at lower speeds and or start stop
    I would always wear gloves as well.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    No experience with mitts but experience with gloves some of which might translate. Many/most glove manufacturers make the linng in the palm as thick as the lining on the back of the hand. Thisis unnecessary and reduces feel. I have a luxurious pair of Held gloves but only wore them once because of the lack of feel.

I'd be wanting to know how thickly the palms on the mitts were padded.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    No experience with mitts but experience with gloves some of which might translate. Many/most glove manufacturers make the linng in the palm as thick as the lining on the back of the hand. Thisis unnecessary and reduces feel. I have a luxurious pair of Held gloves but only wore them once because of the lack of feel.

the mitts are independent of your hands.They are basically an all enveloping handguard which protects your hands completely from the wind and 99 percent of rain

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Seen a couple people using them. Mostly I think it’s for the hardcore adventure rider going to cold places often. I’ve had heated gloves in past but wires were annoying. New bike has very good heated grips so much that I often have to turn them off now and then.
    On top of that just bought a new pair of mid range gloves halfway between summer and winter spec, man they are good, like real good.
    Just buy a decent pair of gloves problem solved.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    I had some battery powered gloves which, while they lasted, were very good. batteries were locate in the gauntlet portion and would last about 6 hours on high. However like a lot from China, something failed within one of them and it is unrepairable. Not such a great loss as the Brass Monkey is no more and my extreme winter riding days are in the past.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    ES XTZ
    I ended up getting Oxford ones (https://www.oxfordproducts.com/motor...s/super_muffs/)

They fitted around the handguards of the DRZ400E and SuperTenere 1200 ok but not the switchgears of either..didnt get to ride with them as one of the press studs came away from the material it was attached to.
    They do have a semi solid plastic edging to keep their shape.

They went back on Monday was offered a replacement set or re fund - took the refund.

Did have a look at the Farmlands Stoney Creek mitts first they seemed way to big..maybe they would fit around the switchblock ok ?
    They hadnt any support around them so id imagine they'd flop about-might go back with one of the bikes and just see how they fit up

Typical right its been balmy warm down here who needs mitts lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2024-08-27 at 9.38.13 PM.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	354934   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2024-08-27 at 9.42.14 PM.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	354935  

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...ii-2in1-review

Excellent gloves, I only wear them on cold days in winter in Auckland, but they were great during a late autumn ride in the South Island.

Expensive and not available locally, but I feel the cold now and they do the job very well.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Excellent gloves,
    Yeah, I have several pairs of Held gloves.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    I had some battery powered gloves which, while they lasted, were very good. batteries were locate in the gauntlet portion and would last about 6 hours on high. However like a lot from China, something failed within one of them and it is unrepairable. Not such a great loss as the Brass Monkey is no more and my extreme winter riding days are in the past.
    did you get your money back?

Thread Information