Thread: Cold Kiwi 30 aug-1st sept

Bike
    suzuki

Cold Kiwi 30 aug-1st sept

47th cold kiwi coming up, whose heading there this year?

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Doubtful.The liquor regulations are getting too extreme. Bad enough that drinkers have to be in the corral, now its prepay and no refunds for unredeemed tickets. At least at the Brass attendees were more or less treated like adults.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    It was on the good
    When is it?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Doubtful.The liquor regulations are getting too extreme. Bad enough that drinkers have to be in the corral, now its prepay and no refunds for unredeemed tickets. At least at the Brass attendees were more or less treated like adults.
    last year whined cause it wasn't a long enough ride there, no mention of this. a lot of people put a lot of hard work into this and other events you know???

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    When is it?
    i took the liberty of putting the dates in the heading.....

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    last year whined cause it wasn't a long enough ride there, no mention of this. a lot of people put a lot of hard work into this and other events you know???
    The distance thing wasn't a whine, just a statement of fact - Upper Hutt to Taihape is not the same as Upper Hutt to Oterehua. Understood that a lot of people put in a lot of work, no denying that either, and it is appreciated. But the licencing regulations, where ever they may arise from, are reducing the level of enjoyment (for me anyway). Maybe I will try for the Burt Monroe, and see how that goes.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Full respect for the effort and crippling regulation you must have to deal with these days to organise it. It’s been several years since my last camping expedition, as I get older it takes longer to forget how much I dislike living like a homeless person. And giving up booze means no bourbon to stifle the edge off a cold night.
    Let’s hope the kiwi lasts long enough to have a 50th.

I’ll never forget the first one I went to at original site, the Bonfire and a dusting of snow were epic and being young it felt like an adventure. Left straight from work at isle of man pace on my 250 screamer. Random conversations with all sorts and not one person caring what tyres or luggage system you were running, just that you were there with some kind of cool story about how you got there.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Full respect for the effort and crippling regulation you must have to deal with these days to organise it. It’s been several years since my last camping expedition, as I get older it takes longer to forget how much I dislike living like a homeless person. And giving up booze means no bourbon to stifle the edge off a cold night.
    Let’s hope the kiwi lasts long enough to have a 50th.

I’ll never forget the first one I went to at original site, the Bonfire and a dusting of snow were epic and being young it felt like an adventure. Left straight from work at isle of man pace on my 250 screamer. Random conversations with all sorts and not one person caring what tyres or luggage system you were running, just that you were there with some kind of cool story about how you got there.
    My first CK at the middle of the desert road site (5 crossroads?) was about the same for me, as was the first Brass Monkey I attended. But the reason I kept going back to the Brass was mainly the opportunity for a week riding in the South Island.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    '23 CRF 1100
    The weather isn't looking as good as last year, but I'll be there anyway!
    A wet weekend on the motorcycle is still better than being at work - and it all adds to the adventure!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    The weather isn't looking as good as last year, but I'll be there anyway!
    A wet weekend on the motorcycle is still better than being at work - and it all adds to the adventure!
    overnight saturday looks a bit wet but the rest of it looks quite fine, on my way tommorrow

Thread Information