Thread: Point tp point speed cameras on Transmission Gully?

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries

Point tp point speed cameras on Transmission Gully?

Or maybe getting it setup fot tolling?
    https://wellington.scoop.co.nz/?p=16...omment-1819417
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    No they would say very proudly if it was. Just plugging a gap in network.
    Tranny gully already has a LIDAR system hooked up to cameras mainly to detect crashes or broken down vehicles blocking lanes promptly.
    It has potential to be used it that manner but it probably lacks the proper accreditation and legal sign offs to be used like that. And we’d hear by now of someone being ticketed.
    I think when we get avg speed cams they’ll be used for remote highways that are lacking in traditional enforcement resources.
    If anything Auckland motorway would be first as they already have most of hardware just need to pay for software upgrade and more cameras.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    If anything Auckland motorway would be first as they already have most of hardware just need to pay for software upgrade and more cameras.
    Waterview tunnel already has it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    all this "enforcement" on motorways is inefficient. Its mostly about revenue.How many fatals do we have on motorways? Lots of tail enders. They should use the resources they are using here at places where it will make a real difference

Bike
    suzuki
    I did TG south yesterday, as soon as we hit the otaki south part pretty much every one was speeding, trailers doing 120 etc, suited me. let someone else lead, right through transmission gully the speed was up there, was not far of dusk and fine. There were three cops with flashing lights going north, didn't seem to faze people either., in fact i went to hawera on fridy arvo on the bike and north of bulls could shadow someone significantly over the speed limt happliy, thats the road they are carpeting with cheesecutters cause it's so dangerous, yet the speed was up there.
    i normally dont take notice but was on the bike this time and 1000kms a bit tedious to be fair.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    I saw the footage on the cameras at work of the car that exited the Lyttelton tunnel in excess of 150 kmh early in the morning yesterday ,Saturday. Around 0200 . On the Lyttelon side. It hit the rh side of the roundabout and flew through the the fence and sailed for 20m or so before hitting the ground below and bursting into flames. One of the firemen I spoke to said it was recorded at 156 kmh. 3 girls, all still alive. All injured, one seriously. Tunnel control evidently had the lights flashing in the tunnel as they travelled through .Telling them to slow down. I work at LPC and the cameras are always interesting.
    stupid teslas

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    stupid teslas
    stupid tesla DRIVERS
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    stupid tesla DRIVERS
    I was referring to it bursting into flames....

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    I did TG south yesterday, as soon as we hit the otaki south part pretty much every one was speeding, trailers doing 120 etc, suited me. let someone else lead, right through transmission gully the speed was up there, was not far of dusk and fine. There were three cops with flashing lights going north, didn't seem to faze people either., in fact i went to hawera on fridy arvo on the bike and north of bulls could shadow someone significantly over the speed limt happliy, thats the road they are carpeting with cheesecutters cause it's so dangerous, yet the speed was up there.
    i normally dont take notice but was on the bike this time and 1000kms a bit tedious to be fair.
    Me too mate ! TG at 0930 in the morning ,everyone seemed to be doing 120kph.. I was in Newlands in 55mins from Levin....

Must admit to thinking about time and distance and the fact I may have been watched ???????

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    all this "enforcement" on motorways is inefficient. Its mostly about revenue.How many fatals do we have on motorways? Lots of tail enders. They should use the resources they are using here at places where it will make a real difference
    Per km travelled, motorways are the safest roads in the country.

No intersections, mostly everyone going in the same direction, low impact deflection angles, centre medians.

Yet people still manage to cause mayhem.

The economic impact of a relatively minor crash on the motorway is huge, given the traffic volume.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Waterview tunnel already has it
    That was part of the average speed camera trial. There are also speed cameras at the eastern entrance which went in soon after the tunnel opened.

Good luck trying to speed in the tunnel itself

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Thread Information