Thread: new tyres for supeduke

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory

new tyres for supeduke

atpresent the superduke has the oem S22s, when i replace them i'm wondering about whether to get the S23s or try michelin power gp2, the new superduke has them and they're supposed to be lighter; that's a good thing right? i don't have much experience with tyres, i've really only had S22 ans pirelli supercorsa sp.

cheers

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post
    atpresent the superduke has the oem S22s, when i replace them i'm wondering about whether to get the S23s or try michelin power gp2, the new superduke has them and they're supposed to be lighter; that's a good thing right? i don't have much experience with tyres, i've really only had S22 ans pirelli supercorsa sp.

cheers
    are they black and round? if so they will be better than your capabilities, just get what is avaialble and a good price

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    If you're happy with the S22, the S23 will be a good replacement.

This shows where the Power GP2 fits into the Michelin Power universe. The Power 6 would be the equivalent of the S23. Depending on how you ride, the Road 6 could also be an option.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    are they black and round? if so they will be better than your capabilities, just get what is avaialble and a good price
    i think you are missing the point entirely. but thanks for your input.

cheers

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    If you're happy with the S22, the S23 will be a good replacement.

This shows where the Power GP2 fits into the Michelin Power universe. The Power 6 would be the equivalent of the S23. Depending on how you ride, the Road 6 could also be an option.

it seems like the road 6 is probably the best all weather tyre and better than i need. i like the way the superduke is not peturbed by road irregularities like tar snakes and the like. i don't know if this is the bike the tyres (both i guess). wet weather is not really of a concern for me at the moment.

neevesy says the haslam superbike school used sport touring tyres.

cheers

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post
    it seems like the road 6 is probably the best all weather tyre and better than i need. i like the way the superduke is not peturbed by road irregularities like tar snakes and the like. i don't know if this is the bike the tyres (both i guess). wet weather is not really of a concern for me at the moment.

neevesy says the haslam superbike school used sport touring tyres.

cheers
    I'm a recent convert to the Michelin Road tyres as they last twice as long and cope really well with all road conditions. But the S22/23 is one of the best sports tyres for road riding and the occasional track day, so if they worked well for you, why change?

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    This is best option. Road surface will determine grip long before any subtleties between manufacturers shows. It’s always good to try another brand different ones behave differently on different bikes.
    Buy the tyre you can afford to throw away before it’s fully worn. Too many guys ride around on scalloped canvas trying to get moneys worth out of the expensive sticky tyre that’s not taken to its limit.
    Explore your tyre pressures and monitor regularly for real gains. Tyre technology has improved so much that “ sticky” rubber is wasted unless your a track day regular.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information