Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2024

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Yes and no. The rear end is now kept under control electronically. Narrower rear rim simply means adjusting the wheelspin parameters.
    The front is the problem because of the variables between riders. Aero and static load are controllable. Rider's inputs aren't.

I reckon the smaller engines will lead to pretty much equal corner speed.
    We'll see.

Oh and Honda's troubles are chassis - not engine. They've always had one of the most powerful engines - but corner exit speed is chassis related.
    Good points. But less rear grip would mean the riders wouldn't be able to ask so much before the electronics kicked in so acceleration and thus speed gets knocked back.

Rear endy I meant on the way in Binder style.

If you wanted it exiting you'd have to go all Casey Stoner protocol and turn TC off mandated. Could be fun.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    I dont know shit about a Motogp bike but my thought train says
    The big wings at the front are generating so much grip they are stressing the front and the front tyre.
    So much so the tyre manufacturers are now giving minimum tyre pressures for safety.
    With so much front grip they are struggling to get the same grip out of the rear.
    So the bike feels like it is planted at the front and they can't twist the throttle.

You're either going to have to get rid of the stupid wings on the front or put the same on the rear.
    Because they just can't generate the same down force in the rear to get the side grip under power.
    You can adjust all sorts of pivot angles etc but that doesn't equal a 100k-300k structured winged wind force.

You have also got Aliex saying it is getting to the point the riders arms aren't handling it.

Although Ducati seem to have got it much better than most.

Very over simplistic view of the issue but makes sense to my little brain and it is a never ending circle that makes every rider a little less relevant as time goes on.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Blog Entries
    They reckon the rear is well grippy but the front so-so. Opposite of the Bridgestone.

Wings work well in straight line. Disruptive in corner as one is high, one is low. That may be why they hang in behind them so radically. Side fairing design takes over when near the ground.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    They reckon the rear is well grippy but the front so-so. Opposite of the Bridgestone.

Wings work well in straight line. Disruptive in corner as one is high, one is low. That may be why they hang in behind them so radically. Side fairing design takes over when near the ground.
    Which is why Aprilia is the best turning bike on the grid now, they have the ground effect worked out big time

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    David Emmett reports Mir is to stay with Honda.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    I think its almost certain Pramac to Yamaha now - its been reported but not from any source I'd say 100% trustworthy
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    I think its almost certain Pramac to Yamaha now - its been reported but not from any source I'd say 100% trustworthy
    Dall'igna doesn't sound very hopeful that they will stay with Ducati. It would be good for MotoGP if they change as one third of the grid from one manufacturer isn't good for competition.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Bez has signed for Aprilia and Rins is staying with honda I think.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    Bez has signed for Aprilia and Rins is staying with honda I think.
    Rins is staying with Yamaha you mean? .Mir and Marini are staying at Honda,Zarco and and a yet to be named Japanese rider with LCR

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Rins is staying with Yamaha you mean? .Mir and Marini are staying at Honda,Zarco and and a yet to be named Japanese rider with LCR
    yeah, sorry. My phone started ringing like crazy as I was posting that. Welcome to the IT world :/
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Gave me a giggle quite well done
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MM Crashed bikes.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	354773  
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Thank you I've had to steal that.

Bike
    Great read well written = Enjoy

https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...4b03e433e89cd4

“Marc’s one of the smartest and most intelligent of playing all aspects of the game, the psychological warfare. He took complete control of the rider market himself. He outfoxed the entire grid and backed Ducati into a corner. Within 24 hours Marc had turned everything around in his favour."

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Great read well written = Enjoy

https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...4b03e433e89cd4

“Marc’s one of the smartest and most intelligent of playing all aspects of the game, the psychological warfare. He took complete control of the rider market himself. He outfoxed the entire grid and backed Ducati into a corner. Within 24 hours Marc had turned everything around in his favour."
    whats the chance he is going to let Pecco get away with winning this weekend? He has the ability to just be that fraction faster at Assen, and next weekend too. Its gonna be a fun race
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I get the impression that Dall'igna wanted Marc once he saw how good he was on the 2023 bike. But the final decision may have been made by Domenicali, who perhaps realised how valuable having Marquez on a factory bike could be for Ducati.

The silly season has been something else as a result. Martin and Vinales may have both made decisions they could regret, depending how good next year's Aprilia and KTM turn out to be.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Thread Information