Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2024

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Well Freddie Spencer must be being tired of being criticised by now.
    Time to slide on the old leathers and show these younglings how to ride in a (is it 5th? [abortive]) comeback.
    In breaking news, Aprillia have approached me!

Turns out there shitter is blocked and it needs work - doh!

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    As Trophy Hag?
    Play it coy, and say you've had a few offers from Honda and hold out for big bucks. Or obsequious contract clauses.
    Huge loss of income reparation payouts if you miss the plane to the venue, or were otherwise distracted.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Never quite been able to figure Jack out. I am convinced he just cant manage the tyres but why not...all the others see to be able too.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Never quite been able to figure Jack out. I am convinced he just cant manage the tyres but why not...all the others see to be able too.
    he's a kiwi aussie, probably just gives it too much jandal
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Same here I had hope for him but he doesn't seem to be able to put it all together unfortunately
    You may be right although Acosta is putting them all to shame on that bike.
    Poor Jack might be on the outer this time around as Gas Gas is full up now.
    Although not so sure about the Vinales choice
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Saw an interview with whats his face, the KTM boss, and he said the changes Jack made for the bike were awesome for everyone else, but for some reason they just didnt gel for Jack. Seems like he shot himself in the foot, but they have made more changes and hope that he can finish now with good results, which is a win win for him and them.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Blog Entries
    These guys are so close in laptimes and bikes, if you reallocated them bikes of yesteryear there would likely be a bigger spread . That may favour the chosen few factory riders more than it currently does. In that scenario he may not have lost his Dooklattery factory ride as he scooped the 2nds and 3rds. Tyres in the alternative universe are still open maybe.

On the other hand, you only have so many top level years in your pocket (with some notable exceptions). Maybe Jack has used them up?
    He's been in the field a long time.

Ironically Superbikes may be a better use of his remaining talent than the two jap factories currently.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Ironically Superbikes may be a better use of his remaining talent than the two jap factories currently.
    True Yanaha seem to be getting somewhere but a factory as big as Honda.
    Bloody hell they are well and truly making a mess of things now that MM isn't riding around the Issues.
    Hard to believe a factory with that record and that big can be so far back with no apparent way forward.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    True Yanaha seem to be getting somewhere but a factory as big as Honda.
    Bloody hell they are well and truly making a mess of things now that MM isn't riding around the Issues.
    Hard to believe a factory with that record and that big can be so far back with no apparent way forward.
    Honda have always done things Their Way.

Which has meant infusions of fresh young engineers on a regular basis.
    They seem as a factory to have no regard for their own established practise, regarding change as good.

You've got to wonder how much R&D budget FI and Indycar hybrid motor tech is absorbing.
    I've not yet seen much hype from them around hybrid road car product which makes me wonder
    if they're trying for the next leap forward and simply don't have the time or budget for MotoGP.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Some dudes were saying that they expected Honda to throw the kitchen sink at it next year. Also, remember when the bikes change to 800 everyone is on the same level right?
    They were also saying Yam would probably have less problems with the 800, because the issue appears to be that with the michelin you have to front load, which means moving the tyre closed to the rad, and it cant cool down. With the 800s there will be more room.

I'm no expert but it sounded good to me
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Again, because Oxley; the bikes are too fast, lets slow them down.

But cornering is faster, exit speed carries all down the straight.

So limiting tyres would limit cornering speed and ultimate speed.

Rim reduction would do this.

And make it more rear Endy. Ooerr vicar.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Again, because Oxley; the bikes are too fast, lets slow them down.

But cornering is faster, exit speed carries all down the straight.

So limiting tyres would limit cornering speed and ultimate speed.

Rim reduction would do this.

And make it more rear Endy. Ooerr vicar.
    Yes and no. The rear end is now kept under control electronically. Narrower rear rim simply means adjusting the wheelspin parameters.
    The front is the problem because of the variables between riders. Aero and static load are controllable. Rider's inputs aren't.

I reckon the smaller engines will lead to pretty much equal corner speed.
    We'll see.

Oh and Honda's troubles are chassis - not engine. They've always had one of the most powerful engines - but corner exit speed is chassis related.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Yes and no. The rear end is now kept under control electronically. Narrower rear rim simply means adjusting the wheelspin parameters.
    The front is the problem because of the variables between riders. Aero and static load are controllable. Rider's inputs aren't.

I reckon the smaller engines will lead to pretty much equal corner speed.
    We'll see.

Oh and Honda's troubles are chassis - not engine. They've always had one of the most powerful engines - but corner exit speed is chassis related.
    its lack of rear grip isnt it...and they not up with the aero.Trying to solve the rear grip has now reduced the turning they had

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Fuck it I'm going to draw up a grid right now:

Honda:
    Mir
    Marini

LCR:
    Zarco
    Ogura

KTM:
    Acosta
    Binder

GasGas:
    Miller
    Fernandez

Yamaha:
    Quatararo
    Rins

Aprilia:
    Espagaro
    Vinales

Trackhouse:
    Roberts
    Olivera

Ducati:
    Baginia
    Martin

Pramac:
    MM
    Morbideli

VR46:
    Digia
    Bez

Grisini:
    Alex Marquez
    Bastanini
    Well it made sense at the time anyways...

I give up.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    but a factory as big as Honda.
    It was pointed out a few year back, pre Dall'igna, that Ducati engineers would be offended if their bike was criticised. They even sent Milandri(?) to a shrink.
    Honda engineers, on the other hand, were grateful for criticism, it gave direction to their work. Their cup of grateful must be overflowing.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information