Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2024

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    For anyone who has missed it thus far, the latest Oxley Bom MotoGP Podcast discusses the tyre problem. It isn't actually a tyre problem, it's a bike problem. It's ruining the races, and it's with us at least until 2027?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    For anyone who has missed it thus far, the latest Oxley Bom MotoGP Podcast discusses the tyre problem. It isn't actually a tyre problem, it's a bike problem. It's ruining the races, and it's with us at least until 2027?
    MotoGP has a big problem, which could have been nipped in the bud years ago by appropriate rules on aero and ride height devices. Portimao should be better, but after the carnage last year, there must be questions about whether the track is safe for the current MotoGP bikes.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Good sprint and race.
    That Pecco is so bloody cool and calculated after stuffing up the Sprint he goes and gives them all a lesson in the race.
    I think Pecco was managing, Brad had the KTM at its limit, JM just not quite fast enough on Sunday once Pecco got his shit together.
    I wish Miller would get the hang of it for us down under supporters.

I'd be watching MM.
    I bet he is bloody glad he went to Ducati even on the second-tier bike. First Honda home was 15th sprint and 12th in the race.
    He admits he's still learning and he managed to turn the speed down when his front was fried. Different attitude from him.
    I think he might give them a fright in races to come.

Acosta well what can you say first race with that showing, he is well smart enough to be encouraged and learn from that weekend.

Shame about Aleix haven't seen anything on why?

Next few races will tell more but the racing is close enough to be good.

Jerex Next and on at 3 and 4am might have to try and get my head around how to work Reddit torrents or hope 3now gets on demand????????
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Oh question
    I joined up to Reddit found Motorsport replays. Can see the links in the feed but can't remember how to download the torrents? Everyone I click on wants to sign me up for something or other?

You first need a torrent downloader like Bit torrent or U torrent correct? which do you guys use?
    Can anyone give a quick bullet point lesson please save me the trial and error

Cheers
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Oh question
    I joined up to Reddit found Motorsport replays. Can see the links in the feed but can't remember how to download the torrents? Everyone I click on wants to sign me up for something or other?

You first need a torrent downloader like Bit torrent or U torrent correct? which do you guys use?

Cheers
    Transmission is what I use. I use the ones from motomundo if I cant get ones from smcgill1969 (you can find them on torrentgalaxy.net). His are the best quality.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Oh question

Cheers
    I use utorrent as the client, never had issues.
    I get my torrents from Lime torrents. They seem to have them up first.
    Use the link below to search and then click on the added tab once to show the latest. Pick the quality and click the little arrow on the left of the torrent and away it goes. Oh, usually they have practice and the sprint races loaded in the one torrent, deselect what you do not want to download. Same goes for the race one, which has moto3, 2 and motogp bundled in the same torrent. Hope this makes sense....
    https://www.limetorrents.lol/search/all/motogp/

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Oh question

Cheers
    You don't need to use torrents. There are posts from someone with IPTV in his name which have links for the races, etc. Click on the link and it takes you to a streaming site. The quality appeared just as good as videopass.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    You don't need to use torrents. There are posts from someone with IPTV in his name which have links for the races, etc. Click on the link and it takes you to a streaming site. The quality appeared just as good as videopass.

Just becareful with those IPTV links, the powers that be are cracking down on them as they are fairly easy to track people down from
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    So it looks like Ch3 will have highlights of Motogp Sundays (like last year).
    A week after the event but thats ok for me.

I checked this arvo , Sunday at 4.50pm till about 6pm...

That's enough for me and SKY have WSB .

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Thanks all that was easy and very very quick.
    Copy the reddit link to u torrent
    download directly to external hard drive
    about 8-10 minutes for moto2,3 and MotoGP full races
    Take the External drive, plug it into the USB on the tv and off we go.

OK so last question before I have get up in the middle of the night.
    If the race is on a 3am Nz time, when can we expect a torrent up?

Cheers all

Bike
    GSXR1000

Cheers all
    Some will have them uploaded within minutes of the recording finishing.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Thanks all that was easy and very very quick.
    Copy the reddit link to u torrent
    download directly to external hard drive
    about 8-10 minutes for moto2,3 and MotoGP full races
    Take the External drive, plug it into the USB on the tv and off we go.

Cheers all
    That is so much faster than torrents used to be, but it's been quite a few years since I last used Pirate Bay!

It is even easier with a Chromecast or similar. I have the original type and can cast to it from all of my devices, including the iPad. The new ones with a remote are about $60.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    From GP One: https://m.gpone.com/en/2024/03/11/mo...virginity.html

So yeah he says it was much harder overtaking in the Sprint (where everyone was going much faster instead of holding that last bit back).

It still just seems odd that the race is so much about restraint to save the tyres. But it's been like that for years, heavy bikes with too much power.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    So yeah he says it was much harder overtaking in the Sprint (where everyone was going much faster instead of holding that last bit back).

It still just seems odd that the race is so much about restraint to save the tyres. But it's been like that for years, heavy bikes with too much power.
    And the track has been resurfaced. It could be the same at Phillip Island this year - the superbikes had a compulsory pitstop to change tyres.

Bike
    I might get to like that Acosta he doesn't seem full of himself and has "personality" on and off the track

Thread Information