4 22.22%
Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: Unmasking Elon Musk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    That looks to be an AI generated image.
    That would be a disappointment but a lesson.

Last night I was listening to a Brit political commentator and he mentioned the video clip showing Biden "wandering off aimlessly " while in Italy and being bright back to the group by the Italian Prime Minister. He was unaware the image had been cropped. Biden walked over to talk to some paratroopers who had just landed by the VIPs. Whether or not the troops are in or out of the picture makes a huge difference.

It's getting difficult to tell what's real and what's not.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That would be a disappointment but a lesson.

Last night I was listening to a Brit political commentator and he mentioned the video clip showing Biden "wandering off aimlessly " while in Italy and being bright back to the group by the Italian Prime Minister. He was unaware the image had been cropped. Biden walked over to talk to some paratroopers who had just landed by the VIPs. Whether or not the troops are in or out of the picture makes a huge difference.

It's getting difficult to tell what's real and what's not.
    100%. Video manipulation is so prevalent now, even with just basic editing but also now with computer generated imagery tools available to almost anyone who cares to learn how to use them. The standout points in that pic were things like the missing side mirrors (including the truck at the rear missing the entire plastic area for the mirror housing and adding extra window area in) along with the front wheel ripped out of the rear truck but no damage around the panel. And just the overall 'feel' of the pic, it has a very generated composition about it.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    The relentless massaging of message and image by politicians and their 'communications' staff is, in my humble opinion, just as responsible for the loss of trust in politics and institutions as the media, no computer manipulation required.

PR departments should be banned.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Yep a quick scan of shadows and lighting quickly gives away so editing. AI is exposed to so many war images at the moment that often it doesn’t pick up human limbs facing in wrong directions when it creates a fake image.
    It’s a pet peeve of mine too that media are now using composite images in news article headline images. There’s a lot of science behind selective colouring within an otherwise black and white image it sends very powerful subconscious messages and should not be used for journalism especially when of a political nature.
    In fact it’s the biggest giveaway of bias with fluff news being biggest offender.

Back to topic Thunderfoot has a few new recent musk vids. The latest does a good compilation of musk lies and how much taxpayer dollars he’s taken and still failing to supersede 1960’s technology or success levels.

On another note one of the reasons Saturn 5 was so successful it seems was the scientists/engineers at the time realised designing something with least amount of moving parts was a critical criteria for success. There’s some real clever stuff went into that which obviously musk has never paid attention to.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post

Back to topic Thunderfoot has a few new recent musk vids. The latest does a good compilation of musk lies and how much taxpayer dollars heÂ’s taken and still failing to supersede 1960Â’s technology or success levels.

On another note one of the reasons Saturn 5 was so successful it seems was the scientists/engineers at the time realised designing something with least amount of moving parts was a critical criteria for success. ThereÂ’s some real clever stuff went into that which obviously musk has never paid attention to.
    Watched the latest one, he's entertaining and I wouldn't disagree with any of his points about Elon's pathological hucksterism.

On the money side of things, NASA's contemporary equivalent of the Saturn V surely would be the SLS, which costs 4 billion every time it launches (and that's using leftover shuttle engines for the first four launches). So whether it's SpaceX or NASA, it's a ridiculous amount of money. Also I suspect there are lots of people working at both that aren't complete idiots (possibly even some rocket scientists among them), so I wouldn't want to speculate on their reasons (political or otherwise) for supporting SpaceX despite Elon's hype addiction.

The main reason I'm watching Starship and Super Heavy is because the concept seems straight out of Thunderbirds, which was (and still might be) my all-time favourite TV show. FAB!
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Thread Information