Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: What have you been watching?

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Good random discovery in feed. RC45 with heads off and interesting shed talk. Bit of on track action at end with good sound level. Seems to rev nice and hard in power.

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Saw a review in yesterday's Guardian, there is a new series of Slow Horses. This is series 4.
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...ed-in-chip-fat

It's available here on Apple TV. My brother is also a fan so I told him of the new series and he replied he'll wait a few weeks then subscribe to Apple TV for the minimum time necessary to watch just the series. I might do similar. Of course if you haven't seen any of it you can watch the first three series while you wait.

In case there is anyone who is not familiar - Slow Horses in a pun on Slough House. If you work in British intelligence and you fuck up majorly you are transferred to Slough House. So the series tells of the adventures of a bunch of misfits. They do perform quite well for failures though.

Recommended.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Street Triple R
    MAD MEN

again. Holy shit its good.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Saw a review in yesterday's Guardian, there is a new series of Slow Horses. This is series 4.

It's available here on Apple TV. My brother is also a fan so I told him of the new series and he replied he'll wait a few weeks then subscribe to Apple TV for the minimum time necessary to watch just the series. I might do similar. Of course if you haven't seen any of it you can watch the first three series while you wait.

In case there is anyone who is not familiar - Slow Horses in a pun on Slough House. If you work in British intelligence and you fuck up majorly you are transferred to Slough House. So the series tells of the adventures of a bunch of misfits. They do perform quite well for failures though.

Recommended.
    We ditched NEON, picked up youtube premium, and I am about to ditch a couple of my Patreons (looking at you Bad Obsession Motorsport). After MAD MEN I want to watch something new so I like your idea of picking up a sub for minimum time necessary to finish whatever it is you want. So Apple for Slow Horses (universally recommended) and then I think Disney for "FRom the earth to the moon". I also would like to watch the FOUNDATION TV show at some point.

Haven't we come a long way from "It's 6pm and the country must stop to watch the State Broadcasting Organ news.... with zero alternative available to anyone. Mostly for the better though anti-social media ruins everything and bleeds into even this (TV3 news..... )

I digress - thank you for this inspiration

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries

Recommended.
    Will be watching tonight (torrents are cool) I've got all the books as well and the series is very faithful to the books
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Will be watching tonight (torrents are cool) I've got all the books as well and the series is very faithful to the books
    I'm almost embarrassed to admit I read the books on the iPad.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Blog Entries
    No embarrassment - I read them on a Kindle. It's the message, not the medium

And Ep1 was good.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Street Triple R
    We are going to downsize in the next couple of years and I look around my house at all the books and think "Urk". Books are HEAVY and take up a lot of room. I have books stored at work (Motocourse 1977 - 2014, couple of boxes of sci fi stuff from the 70's and 80's) because I can't (yet) bring myself to part with them.

In a sign of advancing age and decrepitude I bought a couple of anthologies of science fiction short stories earlier this year which I am enjoying....... but.

The font is TINY and so if I am tired in bed at night trying to read I last about five minutes before my eyes cross and the page starts to swim. A friend has again recommended Kindle.

https://www.thenile.co.nz/books/jare...7?gad_source=1

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...8?gad_source=1

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I have a Kindle Paperwhite, about 10 years old. It came free as part of an IT course so probably the cheapest Kindle made and its good. Light weight, battery lasts a very long time, relatively easy to adjust brightness and font size. I dont keep all the read book on it as they remain in cloud storage. Only 2.4g wifi but a book still downloads in a minute of two. Obviously useless for picture books such as Motocourse but other than that, not many books I haven't been able to find in the Amazon store
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    I have been watching series 1 (8 eps.) of KAOS, on Netflix.

Not a Get Smart spin off, it's a dark comedy about the Greek Gods ruling and trying to maintain their power in modern(ish) times.

Aesthetic is sort of a cross between Fargo and Baz Luhrmann's "Romeo & Juliet".

Some broad knowledge of Mythology helps a little, but not too seriously. Hopefully there will be a series 2.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Am watchin Extremely loud and incredibly close on Eden. Fascinating
    best movie i have seen for a while…
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pursang View Post
    I have been watching series 1 (8 eps.) of KAOS, on Netflix.

Not a Get Smart spin off, it's a dark comedy about the Greek Gods ruling and trying to maintain their power in modern(ish) times.

Aesthetic is sort of a cross between Fargo and Baz Luhrmann's "Romeo & Juliet".

Some broad knowledge of Mythology helps a little, but not too seriously. Hopefully there will be a series 2.
    Have you seen "American Gods" It's similar sort of thing
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    A friend has again recommended Kindle.
    Some years back I mentioned the book "Operation Anaconda" to a friend and the management style of the General commanding. His daughter-in-law was present. She'd been CEO of the local hospital but was then working for the Minister of Health. She was interested in the book but declined my offer, she wanted the Kindle edition. Her iPad was more convenient to use than a book on her weekly commute flying from Hawkes Bay to Wellington.

Buying Kindle editions from Amazon is convenient, there is a "one click" option. Almost too easy.

There is a downside. Last night I was trying to finish a book but had to pack it in because the battery needed charging.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Buying Kindle editions from Amazon is convenient, there is a "one click" option. Almost too easy..
    Way too easy. Got a couple of Des Molloy books last night (the Last Hurrah and No-one Said it Would be Easy) and then another suggestion pops up (Where Angels Fear to Tread) - all three about long distance riding in other countries. If it's not available in Kindle then it's going to be a pretty niche title
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    First and second episodes are up and both good. 45 minutes goes by very quickly. (at 45 minutes obviously formatted for 15 minutes of advertising, which would completely ruin the flow of the story)
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Thread Information