Page 339 of 339 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339
Results 5,071 to 5,076 of 5076

Thread: Friday Night Rants?

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    It is all down to what is acceptable, urban speeds, rural speeds, the road toll etc etc etc. We all have different opinions on that and therefore we will never all agree. For arguments sake I'll say 30km/h around schools when children are actually present, 50km/h in urban areas, 70km/h in semi rural areas, and 120km/h on rural roads. Except Chch where everything should be 20km/h to make dangerous more moronated.

Unfortunately even with a change in government the same people are there at the MOT and the NZTA so nothing much will change.
    There is a day-care centre across the road from me, this street being a fairly long, straight one that is part of the rat-race that is used to bypass the main road through Upper Hutt. I did ask the council about speed bumps, response was their testing showed the mean speed along here didn't justify the expense. I've kept that letter so I can send it to the local paper if a kid ever gets clipped.

Also Simeon has said the open road speed restrictions are going to be relaxed.

it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Also Simeon has said the open road speed restrictions are going to be relaxed.
    He probably even believes it himself but someone will have a word with him and that idea will quietly get dropped.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Am I my brother's keeper?

(Age old question).

Up my hill road in the car, around the hairpin, - I take a good motorcycle line - and easily gap the following cars. I then progressively slow more and more for the next predominately left hand corners where I can't see around them . Perhaps someone has had to stop? or more likely there is a Dad in lycra puffing the pedals around.

Then the road gets tighter and I'm doing 30kph at best. Yet all of a sudden, these other guys are up my chuff, clearly far better (clairvoyant) drivers than me.
    Sigh.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    He probably even believes it himself but someone will have a word with him and that idea will quietly get dropped.
    https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/...mit-reductions

If so then they should stop shouting about it at the moment.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit

If so then they should stop shouting about it at the moment.
    There's rather a lot they should stop shouting about atm.

From cancer drugs to the people in trade delegations.

They appear to have excellent aiming skills, having shot themselves in both feet frequently.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 19th June 2024 at 09:45.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Beehive
    As part of consultation on the draft rule, the Government is seeking feedback from New Zealanders on enabling speed limits of up to 120km/h on Roads of National Significance that are built and maintained to safely accommodate that speed.
    Upping the speed limit on a handful of motorway standard roads, most of which won't even be built by the time the next election comes around, is a bit different to relaxing the open road speed limit. Lets not get our hopes up.

Thread Information