Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stoopid Pedestrians!

Bike
    2008, GSR600K

Angry Stoopid Pedestrians!

I live in Wellington and yesterday coming home I was riding up Victoria St and I was stopped at the traffic lights that intersect with Manners Mall & Manners St. The light went green and a couple of day dreamers just go strolling out in front of me! I shouted out "Excuse me!!" and rode off shaking my head! Bloody hell!
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Bike
    BICYCLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Sea_lily
    I live in Wellington and yesterday coming home I was riding up Victoria St and I was stopped at the traffic lights that intersect with Manners Mall & Manners St. The light went green and a couple of day dreamers just go strolling out in front of me! I shouted out "Excuse me!!" and rode off shaking my head! Bloody hell!
    Do you think they would have done that if you had been in a truck instead
    of a bike?
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    getting a speeding ticket is far from my mind as it is unlikely to kill me..

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Quote Originally Posted by KATWYN
    Do you think they would have done that if you had been in a truck instead
    of a bike?
    Exactly wot I was thinking!

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Get ya' self a set of air horns,They real good for that type of thing

Bike
    03 Ducati M800Si.e. 04 Ducati M1000Si.e.
    CSL: I can't believe the ignorance of some pedestrians crossing against their red light. The intersection before this one, cnr Victoria/Mercer/Wakefield, is also bad - I walk this way most nights, and sometimes I wish a stupid bloody pedestrian would get collected (by a car of course, not a bike). They have no idea. Even when cars come round the corner from Mercer to go up Victoria, they (the pedestrians) seem to just keep on sauntering across, don't even bother hurry up. And I suspect most of them drive the same way.

Bike
    None any more
    I get pissed off by pedestrians who cross roads in the "general proximity" of a pedestrian crossing, rather than actually on it and think they have right of way. You don't know whether to stop or go. The worst crossing around for this is the one by Pastoral House on The Terrace. Bloody Brown's cows!!
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    2008, GSR600K

It gets better! F*#kin' drivers!!!

This morning I was coming round the Basin and I was behind a bus, a guy in a white late model Holden (I think?) passed me on the left! Arrrggghhh!!
    I couldn't catch up with him to get his his number plate but then he turned into the Shell petrol station on Taranaki St! That was really worth it for him aye!

Does this sort of stuff happen all the time? I think that's a rhetorical question actually. I mean are the more experienced riders here just kinda smiling and saying "Oh yeah - you'll get that lots."

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Does this sort of stuff happen all the time? I think that's a rhetorical question actually. I mean are the more experienced riders here just kinda smiling and saying "Oh yeah - you'll get that lots."
    Yup and the best advice I can give is don't waste any mental processing time getting angry or contemplating what just happened. Note it and move on because while you are feeling indignant you aren't thinking about what's going on around you and the NEXT idiot cage driver will clean you up.

At the end of your ride congratulate yourself on surviving, by all means.

Jim2

Bike
    Yamama R6 & Frankie the Bucket
    I've been meaning to post the exact same thread for a couple of weeks now.
    I think that often the peds see us an think...that bike is skinnier than a car so they can go around me.
    Air horns...here I come!

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2
    Yup and the best advice I can give is don't waste any mental processing time getting angry or contemplating what just happened. Note it and move on because while you are feeling indignant you aren't thinking about what's going on around you and the NEXT idiot cage driver will clean you up.

Jim2
    Why did I know someone was gonna say that. I guess I realised today that it will still keep happening & so I just have to chill or I will become a road rager!

Bike
    BICYCLE
    This morning I was coming round the Basin and I was behind a bus, a guy in a white late model Holden (I think?) passed me on the left! Arrrggghhh!!
    I couldn't catch up with him to get his his number plate but then he turned into the Shell petrol station on Taranaki St! That was really worth it for him aye!

I found that sort of thing a lot, when I started and used to get real angry, it still happens, but Instead of getting upset at that sort of thing (cos thick people doing dumb things is something that is out of my control) I now ride thinking (i.e) "Im riding around the basin, theres a few cars here,statistics tells me that when there are a "few" other cars, there
    is bound to be a dick amongst them, that will either cut me off, tail gate ,get
    impatient and pass on the left etc".....ride to expect it..........then when "dick" does appear.....tell yourself........see I was right" ...but I was ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    getting a speeding ticket is far from my mind as it is unlikely to kill me..

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Why did I know someone was gonna say that. I guess I realised today that it will still keep happening & so I just have to chill or I will become a road rager!
    Sorry

Bike
    Suzuki RG 50
    Last time someone overtook me on the left I dropped back 5 or so seconds behind him, gave him a hearty clap and blew him a kiss. I know it wasn't the cleverest thing to do, but it eased my anger and gave those following a good laugh. Anyone that stupid and desperate to save 3-4 seconds deserves a reply.
    All your footpath are belong to us.

Bike
    ZX636 Suzuki GSXR400
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2

Jim2
    Incredibly well put Jim2!!!!!!!!
    Shit does tend to happen from time to time on 2 wheels!
    Power is nothing without control.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha R1
    I'd just basicly like to echo Jim.
    Get used to it, if you inend to be a long term rider you going to see dum shit. And not only from cages, unfortunatly you do also see the odd dick on a bike. Unfortunatley they give us all a bad rep, and often don't last long.
    That's what winds me up more than idiots in cages, cause you just expect to see them doing stupid things. But maniacs on bikes... I hate that!

Thread Information