Page 111 of 363 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 5442

Thread: Thinking of getting vaccinated?

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    It must be time for a sheep picture intermission?
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post
    It must be time for a sheep picture intermission?
    It's certainly due.

If no one but katman posts in this thread, how long before it goes to pink hell ?

he's demonstrably got no skin in the game so therefore is only interested in winding everyone else up...walk away.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    It's certainly due.

If no one but katman posts in this thread, how long before it goes to pink hell ?

he's demonstrably got no skin in the game so therefore is only interested in winding everyone else up...walk away.
    A couple of questions for you then.

Can you think of any sensible reason why babies are routinely given their first hepatitis B vaccine within hours of them being born?

And does it not bother you that a bill was passed in America that protects the pharmaceutical industry from legal action in the event of harm caused to anyone from receiving a vaccine?

Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    Is there a single medical procedure that has absolutely zero risk or side effects- ever read the possible side effects from paracetamol?
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbuoy View Post
    Is there a single medical procedure that has absolutely zero risk or side effects- ever read the possible side effects from paracetamol?
    Is there a real threat of new born babies contracting hepatitis B?

(I mean real as in significant enough that it outweighs the risks involved in injecting a pathogen into a newly born baby).

Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    Wouldn't that depend if the mother was infected? Of course there is a risk to everything we have done to us - you might not wake up from that routine operation or have a bad reaction to certain drugs. Most of us accept its worth the risk.
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbuoy View Post
    Wouldn't that depend if the mother was infected?
    Wouldn't it be more sensible to test the mother to find out if there is that risk?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Wouldn't it be more sensible to test the mother to find out if there is that risk?
    Maybe you should find out. Educate yourself. An MD with a post doc thesis in pathology would seem the bare minimum to qualify as a beginner in the field. Man of your obvious passion for the field orta knock that out inside 10 years.

Maybe another decade in applied research to fill in some of the blanks.

Then you'd know some of the answers to your questions, and just maybe everyone else would have some respect for your arguments.

You'd still be an obnoxious twat, but you'd be a qualified one.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Maybe you should find out. Educate yourself. An MD with a post doc thesis in pathology would seem the bare minimum to qualify as a beginner in the field. Man of your obvious passion for the field orta knock that out inside 10 years.

Maybe another decade in applied research to fill in some of the blanks.

Then you'd know some of the answers to your questions, and just maybe everyone else would have some respect for your arguments.

You'd still be an obnoxious twat, but you'd be a qualified one.
    Well I'll ask again.

Wouldn't it be more sensible to test the mother to find out whether the risk exists?

Or do you just like the idea of injecting a pathogen into a child who is only a few hours old?

(And before anyone feels the need to point it out - yes, I'm aware that New Zealand's immunisation schedule exercises slightly more caution by waiting till 6 weeks old).

Bike
    Between Rides
    Well I'll ask again.

Wouldn't it be more sensible to test the mother to find out whether the risk exists?

Or do you just like the idea of injecting a pathogen into a child who is only a few hours old?

(And before anyone feels the need to point it out - yes, I'm aware that New Zealand's immunisation schedule exercises slightly more caution by waiting till 6 weeks old).
    Katman is asking a question here

Simple as that

Why dont you provide your answer to this debate rather than bang on about qualifications and such. From what I see he has the guts to express an opinion so why not give him the courtesy of a reply

I dont have an opinion cos I have nit really read up on this. FFS guys, either join the dabte or go lord it over someone else

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by FatMax View Post

From what I see he has the guts
    Prime candidate for the Fat Bikers..

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    How is testing the mother going to establish whether the kid is going to encounter a life threatening contagion in it's first weeks of life?

Sounds like you're not even qualified to comment on making sense.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by FatMax View Post
    Katman is asking a question here

Simple as that

Why dont you provide your answer to this debate rather than bang on about qualifications and such. From what I see he has the guts to express an opinion so why not give him the courtesy of a reply

I dont have an opinion cos I have nit really read up on this. FFS guys, either join the dabte or go lord it over someone else
    That's not guts, dude, it's plain ol' narcissism, he can't stand being seen to be wrong, it's as simple as that.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Well I'll ask again.

Would it be more sensible to wear a seatbelt only if you were a shit driver?

I like the idea of my child dieing a horrible death from preventable diseases even less. And further more - this statement is framed in a way that is quite fundamentally retarded (just like your beliefs - funny that)

So there you have it - in one country the Medical community have assessed the evidence and based on that, made the decision that 6 weeks is the appropriate time, In another country (with differences in culture, Healthcare Policy, Ethinc make up and other factors) have assessed the evidence and based on that, made the decision that a few hours old is the appropriate time.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    And further more - this statement is framed in a way that is quite fundamentally retarded (just like your beliefs - funny that)
    Funny that - it was a statement directed at a retard.

Thread Information