Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ant West retires. Can't get sponsorship.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGassit View Post
    Ant Gobert and Ant West? Hell of a coincidence if you are into conspiracy theories. Maybe they share the same dealer.

Bogun chicks? mmmmmmmm.
    Anthony Gobert was way more talented that Ant West. Even more of an asshole too.

Bike
    Ducati's, Huskie's and Kawasaki's
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Anthony Gobert was way more talented that Ant West. Even more of an asshole too.
    Absolutely, and I stood in the rain and watched him win at the Island on that Bimota. Both boy's are good in the rain, both boguns, both shot themselves in the foot.Both are Ozzies. Both have long hair. It's gettin spooky.
    "That's rooted!! What's next??"

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGassit View Post
    Absolutely, and I stood in the rain and watched him win at the Island on that Bimota. Both boy's are good in the rain, both boguns, both shot themselves in the foot.Both are Ozzies. Both have long hair. It's gettin spooky.
    Cept Anthony Gobert is now a smackhead that robs defenseless old men of their money to buy his next fix.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Cept Anthony Gobert is now a smackhead that robs defenseless old men of their money to buy his next fix.
    it was an old woman,

as mush as Ant West is a bastard, he does not deserve to be compared the the waist of talent that was Gobert

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    it was an old woman,
    Seems he's not fussy!

Legal troubles: According to reports in the Courier Mail, the 33-year-old Gobert was charged with two counts of stealing after taking two $20 bills from the hand of the 70-year-old man at a Coles supermarket in Surfers Paradise on Tuesday, 13 May 2008. The following day, he allegedly snatched a woman's purse on the streets of Surfers, according to the newspaper report

Nice...

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Seems he's not fussy!

Legal troubles: According to reports in the Courier Mail, the 33-year-old Gobert was charged with two counts of stealing after taking two $20 bills from the hand of the 70-year-old man at a Coles supermarket in Surfers Paradise on Tuesday, 13 May 2008. The following day, he allegedly snatched a woman's purse on the streets of Surfers, according to the newspaper report

Nice...
    AAAAARGH! If there's one thing that pisses me off more than having no talent myself, it's watching someone with huge talent waste it.

I don't mind Westy too much. He just seems like a "normal" bloke in a lotta ways, not "manufactured" at all. He mightn't be from the Rossi or Stoner talent pool but he's still got some serious skills, having lead a MotoGP race (in the rain before copping a ride through penalty), and also finished 5th in a dry MotoGP race on what was one of the worst bikes on the grid (ZXRR).
    Last edited by slowpoke; 9th February 2012 at 15:37. Reason: corrected placing result

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    His personality and lifestyle has militated against him getting better rides in better teams and he rubs people up the wrong way (I know, I chatted with him and his chief mechanic (separately) when he was in 250 in 2006 and that's what he said), but if he can land a good ride in BSB and pull his head in and perform, then the same route that Hopper has taken is open to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    I don't mind Westy too much. He just seems like a "normal" bloke in a lotta ways, not "manufactured" at all.
    Ant West can't go the same road as Hopper. The difference is that John Hopkins was going off the rails but now he's sorted his shit out whereas Ant West is what he is, a loud mouth bogan with a crap load of talent who doesn't come across well.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    09 GSX1400.

Thread Information