Page 921 of 922 FirstFirst ... 421821871911919920921922 LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,815 of 13824

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    The war in Ukraine highlighted perils of globalisation(we kinda need their fertilizer and gas).
    Now it gets worse. Sanctions against China means key knowledge holders are now going home.
    Some pretty interest points outlined in this vid

On the plus side Chinese motorbikes are likely to rapidly improve in tech and reliability…
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Green Party doing what it does best….

I must say “mp/party not aware of staffers actions” is right up there with John keys “I don’t recall”

https://www.thepost.co.nz/nz-news/35...edium=referral
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Interesting little corruption story out of the UK. The British bookmakers take bets on the future date of an election. It transpires they also monitor betting patterns. There was a sudden flurry of bets on the date of the election and amazingly they were all winners. This warranted investigation as to who these people were. One is a political advisor to the Prime Minister, others are Tory MPs or candidates, there are also a number are Metropolitan Police officers.

The Met are now investigating whether a crime has been committed.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rowing-scandal
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    This is not something I can comment on directly as I didn't see it. There was reportedly some sort of a performance during the opening ceremony enacting scenes from Greek mythology and featuring Bacchus and Co. This being the Olympics and Mt Olympus being in Greece after all. That performance has been widely interpreted in the US of A to have been a blasphemous take on the last supper. What relevance the last supper would have to the Olympics hasn't been adequately explained but there is ample evidence on social media that the Christo fascists are offended.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    A man named Stephan Fischer (sp?) has a smallish off road four wheeler website in Australia. He undertook a long term test of a battery brand and published his findings.
    He is now being sued for defamation by the company. It is more complicated than that though, the company claims they are not taking action against him but he has court papers listing the company as plaintiff.

Y'all will be familiar with the Streisand effect and if you were wondering where you might find an example this could be it.

I was wondering what Mr Cadogan would make of it and he has not let me down. His YouTube comment contains links to the original site and to the other main site of relevance. It is worth the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUA1I_oMNl4

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    This is not something I can comment on directly as I didn't see it. There was reportedly some sort of a performance during the opening ceremony enacting scenes from Greek mythology and featuring Bacchus and Co. This being the Olympics and Mt Olympus being in Greece after all. That performance has been widely interpreted in the US of A to have been a blasphemous take on the last supper. What relevance the last supper would have to the Olympics hasn't been adequately explained but there is ample evidence on social media that the Christo fascists are offended.
    Lols, big deal, some jesus freaks are getting their snowflake on!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    .......the Christo fascists are offended.
    This is not a High Bar.....and therefore definitely not an official Olympic event.

Still, Kudos to France for flipping the bird to the Small World view!

Bike
    2023 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    I’ve noticed on my walks that Auckland Transport is spending thousands (millions?? I hope not) of dollars installing mini arrival and departure screens (like at the airport) at local bus stops.

My question is what practical use is knowing when the bus is going to get there when you’re already at the bus stop that makes it worth spending that amount of money?

I can understand it’s important information to have available, say, in an app on your phone which you have with you when you’re not at the bus stop, or trying to get to the stop in time to catch the bus.

The world makes no sense anymore.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    My question is what practical use is knowing when the bus is going to get there when you’re already at the bus stop that makes it worth spending that amount of money?
    Sometimes the vagaries of roadworks or traffic congestion mean that the bus timetable becomes a work of fiction. If the new signs reflect what is happening in real time that would be of value. Otherwise not so much.

Bike
    2023 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes the vagaries of roadworks or traffic congestion mean that the bus timetable becomes a work of fiction. If the new signs reflect what is happening in real time that would be of value. Otherwise not so much.
    Agreed, surely something these days which is better handled by notifications on an app for the majority of users.

They’ve also spent the last month turning the intersection of Mt Eden and Balmoral Roads into some kind of hub with 2 metre-tall fancy back-lit signs and new curbs and footpaths, but functionally, so far it’s exactly the same as before.

Why some paint on the road and a shelter isn’t enough anymore is beyond me.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    IÂ’ve noticed on my walks that Auckland Transport is spending thousands (millions?? I hope not) of dollars installing mini arrival and departure screens (like at the airport) at local bus stops.

My question is what practical use is knowing when the bus is going to get there when youÂ’re already at the bus stop that makes it worth spending that amount of money?

I can understand itÂ’s important information to have available, say, in an app on your phone which you have with you when youÂ’re not at the bus stop, or trying to get to the stop in time to catch the bus.

The world makes no sense anymore.

If AT can spend $32000 building a bus stop in Great Barrier Island (which doesn't have public transport) nothing else they do is surprising. https://www.reddit.com/r/newzealand/...us_stop_on_an/
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    And again. AT spending $40,000 on cameras to monitor the car parking at Claris Airport (also Great barrier island), Apparently there are about 1200 cars in total on the island.
    https://aoteagbi.news/2024/08/02/par...laris-airport/
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    The war in Ukraine highlighted perils of globalisation(we kinda need their fertilizer and gas).
    Now it gets worse. Sanctions against China means key knowledge holders are now going home.
    Some pretty interest points outlined in this vid

On the plus side Chinese motorbikes are likely to rapidly improve in tech and reliability…
    Weren't you the guy that claimed Russia would never invade ukraine.
    yet now you claim to be an expert...,.
    It does seem a little odd....
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post

Russia won’t invade anyway.
    There troops on border are like patched gang members sitting in a car in street while the prospects go do dirty work and collect debts.
    There has been substantial internal skirmishes going on for a long time by rebel groups, many think Ukraine really is still pretty much Russia absent post Cold War changes. Funny how when yanks do same with cia interfering in other countries no one says anything...,,

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There are reports that the FBI have executed a search warrant on the house of Congressman Andy Ogles (R) Tennessee. It's thought that this may involve hundreds of thousand of dollars worth of fraudulent "campaign contributions" but so far the FBI haven't said.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The rioters in Britain are stupid and not just because the reason for the riot was nonsense. One guy was wearing a balaclava to conceal his identity but he did have a large distinctive tattoo and if you have a large tat you have show it off don't you? Busted.

There is another guy pictured looting three stores at least while wearing an England shirt with a huge red cross. Someone spotted a recent photo of him leaving court with his name in the caption. His new free Apple goodies may prove very costly.

There was a tweet on X from a guy sympathetic to the rioter's cause. He was whinging 'cause they smashed his windows too. Tough.

The establishment are probably doing a rain dance but meantime they do have special measures for rioters. It's normal for those charged to be remanded in custody for however long it takes.

Thread Information