Thread: Research help needed for oral submission

Bike
    06 Transalp
    Blog Entries

Research help needed for oral submission

Hey,
    I'm preparing my oral presentation to the select sub comittee on thursday and need a bit of a hand...

I remember seeing an article where the raise for motorcyclists was something like "from $400 to $700 only a $300 rise now". I'm not sure of the figures but the point being it is the 400 includes petrol levies but the 700 does not.

If anyone can find it in a quality publication (news paper or govt site) then please link so I can refer to it.

Also if there are any other references which are, beyond reasonable doubt, examples of them using misleading numbers I would be interested. But the need to be good, I don't want to be shot down too badly
    Motorbike only search
    YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - CRC AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE CRC. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE

Bike
    2007 CB900
    I am tryng stuff ... here are some articles .. I am looking for the one you are talking about:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2964...t-big-fee-hike.

re read and its based on the first figure comparison I think.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...e-big-ACC-bill

Its hard to tell if they say that bigger bikes pay $400 plus now ... but the article reads that.

Under today's recommendations the motor vehicle levy would increase from $119.08 to $182.27. The new recommendation is down on the $204.60 that ACC consulted on.

Moped levies would increase from $100.46 to $277.25. The previous recommendation was $292.93.

Motorcycyles in the 0-125 cc range were better off going from $430.54 to $277.25. However gruntier bikes were worse off – those in the 126-600 cc range would go from $430.54 to $517.52. The previous recommendation was $546.78.

And bikes 601cc plus would increase from $430.54 to $739.32, lower than the previous $781.12 recommendation.
    Life is a gift that we have all been given. Live life to the full and ensure that you have absolutely no
    regrets.

For your parts needs:

http://www.motorcycleparts.co.nz/

Bike
    Suzuki GSX1250FA, TGB 50cc moped
    Quote Originally Posted by XP@ View Post
    I remember seeing an article where the raise for motorcyclists was something like "from $400 to $700 only a $300 rise now". I'm not sure of the figures but the point being it is the 400 includes petrol levies but the 700 does not.
    They don't include GST either.. so your $750 ACC levy will cost you about $860 by the time the rego fee, handling fee and gst go on.
    David must play fair with the other kids, even the idiots.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    There is Nick the Prick's assertion that motorcycle accidents have skyrocketed in the last 10 years. He quoted a figure of 874 IIRC in 1998 compared to 5044 in 2008.
    What he didn't say was that 1998's figure was serious accidents only, and 2008 was all accidents no matter how minor.
    There is no corresponding figure for 1998, because the mainframe that info was on was decommissioned without transferring that info.
    So the only comparison to be made is 874 with 2008's serious figure - 1335ish. A 60% increase...coupled with a 100% increase in bike numbers. So...actually a decrease in the accident rate.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    06 Transalp
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
    I am tryng stuff ... here are some articles .. I am looking for the one you are talking about:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2964...t-big-fee-hike.

re read and its based on the first figure comparison I think.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...e-big-ACC-bill

Its hard to tell if they say that bigger bikes pay $400 plus now ... but the article reads that.
    Cheers :0) you been awsome thanks for you help

Can you please pm me your email . I want to send the speach so far, I ain't no where near done yet
    Motorbike only search
    YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - CRC AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE CRC. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE

Bike
    06 Transalp
    Blog Entries
    My notes are complete...
    time for bed now... looking forward and dreading tomorrow at the same time.

Thanks all for your help

And Nasty, see you tomorrow ...
    I hope they otherwise we will and all in the allotted 10 mins!

(I just got told off for over use of smilies)

good night!
    Motorbike only search

Bike
    2007 CB900
    Quote Originally Posted by davereid View Post
    They don't include GST either.. so your $750 ACC levy will cost you about $860 by the time the rego fee, handling fee and gst go on.
    plus the other stuff like road user charge ...
    Life is a gift that we have all been given. Live life to the full and ensure that you have absolutely no
    regrets.

For your parts needs:

http://www.motorcycleparts.co.nz/

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by XP@ View Post
    My notes are complete...
    time for bed now... looking forward and dreading tomorrow at the same time.
    Good luck, mate. The whole western world (as we know it) is depending on you.
    No pressure, though...
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    2005 Z750S
    The worst thing to learn here is that ACC are nicer than my Wife.
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Thread Information