Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help choosing a new bike

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    GSX is a parallel twin that weighs almost as much as a hyosung...
    The new look GSX (usually seen in blue or grey with the twin round headlights and disproportionately large fairings) is a parallel twin, the older look Across version (GSX250F, with storage in the tank) is a il4... lots of versions

Bike
    99 Suzie,05 R6.
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    (IIRC).

Long story short; stay clear of anything starting with "GSX" "SUZUKI"

Why do you say that? :annoyed:

Bike
    2007 GSX1000R
    The GSX is my choice. But hey, I'm a suzuki chick and my son had one when he learnt to ride. Good reliable machine. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Bike
    nightrod
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanage View Post
    Well I got my restricted about a month ago and would like something a little more .... interesting than my GN250
    Any 250 would be more interesting than a GN, id suggest get a cheaper like a zxr250 of trademe then let it service your needs so you can save up for a 600 when its time.

between a Suzuki GSX250 or a Kawasaki GPX250. They're similar in design and price, but I want to know how much of a performance difference there is.
    Yup Ive ridden with a gsx250 (the invader right?) owner he kept up at 100-120kph through the trip, it was a windy day and out of all bikes in the trip 2 ninjas, my Gn at the time the gsx was the most stable. It is quite heavy 180kg but its frame is fairly big and gives some good ground clearance, there is no stats or specs on the internet on the gsx250 but I do know they are 33hp from a owner.

I want to be able to stay at 120kph on a slight uphill slope on the motorway, something the poor little GN just can't handle.
    Im starting to fall in bromance with you you are my idol I worship you from now on.

I'm open to other suggestions for which bike to get, but would prefer a sports bike to a naked one.
    I cant give you any solid advice on anyother bike but the Zeal so heres a little snippet about it.
    Pros: Its got the fzr250 engine in it but more torquey and pulls hard for a 2fiddy,nice streetfighter look with air scoops and tank styling. my stepdad owns a Gn but he took my zeal for a ride and his riding improved dramatically. Its a bike ready for the corners and you can throw it 110 into 40's and accelerate out something the Gn cant do. Its at only 5thou revs at 100 and there's 16 in full so the motorway is piss easy alot better than most 2fiddys. Granted my zeal has had a few mods and tweaks but nothing major. It can do 240km on a full tank when ridden to the speed, 200 if you cain it.

Cons: The seat height is a female dog its only 735mm I hate it its good for a short lady but not me, the chrome on the bike is more a liability to the look because when chipped or crashed you cant find replacements. Parts are really hard to find for replacements.

Also is it unreasonable to expect $1500 - $2000 as a trade-in for a 2006 GN? .
    Dont sell it to someone give it to Colemans Suzuki they should keep it in the storage room......where it belongs

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanage View Post
    Well I got my restricted about a month ago and would like something a little more .... interesting than my GN250. I'm looking to spend between $4K and $6K on a new bike and need some help choosing one.

Also is it unreasonable to expect $1500 - $2000 as a trade-in for a 2006 GN? Because if it is I may have to reduce my budget.
    A new bike will depreciate quickly mate, something late model and second hand (my pick of the current 250s would be the gpx) will cost you a few k less on initial price and also on the first few services..

Or you could just flaunt the law and buy a 90's 600 for the same coin, my flatmate is trying to sell a 98 gsxr600 for around 6k...
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    Soursaki
    I have a 2007 GPX the year before the new model came out. I was riding a GN which was my first bike from new. I did 25000km on it and got $2700 for it. I had my full when I bought the GPX as I just wanted something to commute on and for the occasional weekend ride. I have done 25000km on the GPX and it is excellent. It will sit on 120km/hr all day and even steep hills with a change down to 5th will maintain that speed. I often ride with mates on 1000cc + sport bikes and as long as they limited their top speed I keep up with no problems. Fuel economy is about the same as the GN, it is more comfortable and when passing at 90km/hr in 4th it pulls up to 120 fairly quickly. If you are 6 foot plus I would look at a hyosung.

Bike
    `
    Quote Originally Posted by one fast tl1ooo View Post
    get a zxr250a.. i had one... waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy better than a gsxr250.. i had one. gutless peice of crap...
    Was teh gsxr really much less powerfull than the ZXR? They both 45 hp at around 14 thou...

Bike
    k..T..m
    Im looking to sell my balius zr250 (IL4 naked zxr) if you're keen

$4k - 2002 20,000k

Thread Information