Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Women riders and ACC protest

Bike
    Pillion
    Hey Ive been having a bit off fun down here making chocolate motorbikes....if you like I could send some up to give away or sell...they are real cute...my contribution to the cause
    It is entirely possible to teach an old blond new tricks!!!

Bike
    1995 Suzuki Volty (TU250)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by allycatz View Post
    Hey Ive been having a bit off fun down here making chocolate motorbikes....if you like I could send some up to give away or sell...they are real cute...my contribution to the cause
    CHOCOLATE MOTORBIKES!

I think I have died and gone to heaven.

Depending ont he 'stage' of the campaign we are at when we do this (ie pre-BIKEOI or post-BIKEOI) we could take petition forms, protest kits, leaflets with a short statement about our cause, yellow balloons (lots of kids at cafes with mummy & daddy on weekends) etc etc.

Unfortunately choccy motorbikes may melt in our pockets so we will have to eat them all before we set out.
    There is no such thing as bad weather; only inappropriate clothing!

Bike
    Pillion
    Quote Originally Posted by klingon View Post
    CHOCOLATE MOTORBIKES!

I think I have died and gone to heaven.

Depending ont he 'stage' of the campaign we are at when we do this (ie pre-BIKEOI or post-BIKEOI) we could take petition forms, protest kits, leaflets with a short statement about our cause, yellow balloons (lots of kids at cafes with mummy & daddy on weekends) etc etc.

Unfortunately choccy motorbikes may melt in our pockets so we will have to eat them all before we set out.
    Aww maybe I'll just send some up anyways....fuel for the journey
    It is entirely possible to teach an old blond new tricks!!!

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by allycatz View Post
    You are a legend!!
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-R600 K7, Suzuki RM 125
    Hey Chicks good luck, its a great idea.

Here in Christchurch we have managed to get a reporter from the local rag interested in us chicks. She is doing an article on women bikers which is great because it lets the public know we aint all tough looking blokes!!

If you can get a reporter to come have some words with you even better
    Gold Diggers....like hookers just smarter

Bike
    AX100 "Poppy"
    Blog Entries
    Oh I am super keen for this!
    Was just thinking it was about time for another GCR...

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

Vegetarian Motorcyclists Unite

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Definitely would like to get a reporter involved - local papers (Courier) in South Auckland, and anywhere else.

Maybe arrange a meeting ahead with the newspaper rep ahead of the planned ride, simply to do an article on women riders. Then we'd be able to share our information, including the various rides planned and what we hope to achieve through them.

I'm happy to contact the Courier locally (the Manukau one is probably the largest of them) and arrange a meet. The more numbers the better, because that way we can say there are more groups who we'll be combining with - a reporter faced with say, a dozen riders, being told we're hooking up with more groups for a big combined ride will have to wonder just how many there'll be......

Novelty factor alone would make that worthy of a newspaper story!

Katman to steveb64

Bike
    Ducati Mostro
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    What a good idea. You girls represent a (slightly) more civilised view of biking. That has to be worth exploiting.

Yeah what a cool idea... with a good image you ladies have in all aspects

Love woman who exploit themselves
    DUCATI ------- A real bike in a sea of shit!

Bike
    Honda CBR600
    Any update on a date that the girls are gonna protest. I am in New Plymouth, anyone thinking of travelling up from around here or in the line of travel up.

Bike
    1995 Suzuki Volty (TU250)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    Definitely would like to get a reporter involved - local papers (Courier) in South Auckland, and anywhere else.

Maybe arrange a meeting ahead with the newspaper rep ahead of the planned ride, simply to do an article on women riders. Then we'd be able to share our information, including the various rides planned and what we hope to achieve through them.

I'm happy to contact the Courier locally (the Manukau one is probably the largest of them) and arrange a meet. The more numbers the better, because that way we can say there are more groups who we'll be combining with - a reporter faced with say, a dozen riders, being told we're hooking up with more groups for a big combined ride will have to wonder just how many there'll be......

Novelty factor alone would make that worthy of a newspaper story!
    I'm all for this idea.

PB, when you contact the courier could you please find out what other suburban newspapers they are associated with. A lot of them are basically the same paper under a different masthead and a few local stories - if a story is relevant to a lot of different areas they will carry the same story in different papers.

Sometimes they like to take a new photo to accompany the story so you might be able to coordinate that - a photo outside a cafe in Titirangi for the Western Leader, one in Ponsonby for the Central Leader, etc.

I'm sure the Courier reporter will be able to advise you on all that stuff. It's the kind of story they love and if we make it nice and easy for them to pull it off, they will love us even more.
    There is no such thing as bad weather; only inappropriate clothing!

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Ixion said BuellBabe works in the newspaper industry. Will pm this afternoon.

I'm thinking that the weekend (Sat. best for me personally, but Sunday could be a goer) Sat 21st Nov would be a good date for the ride.
    If we can get a group together for the newspaper article before that, say the week before, the public will be more aware of what we're up to. I'm sure we could get half a dozen or more ladies from down this way to meet with a reporter for interviews and photos.

Katman to steveb64

Bike
    Suzuki GSXR600 K7
    yep would be keen for this, but not free next two weekends, so will keep an eye on the details

Bike
    BMWR1100RS,
    Fantastic idea, it really is. I know for a fact if I was to attempt to hand out flyers in a Latte joint most of the punters would run for the security of the toilets, I'm guessing your advances would be better received. Good luck ladies, knock em dead.
    Oh bugger

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgal68 View Post
    I am keen on the suburb to suburb.. even doing a round trip with all the words...like "I am a teachers aid", we have two staff members at school, and me that ride... so it would be nice to see that out there for example on the viz... "I am an accountant, I am a retail worker, I am a mother, I am a social worker, I am a... etc" who cares... we are real people "my point"!!
    add "and a voter"

Bike
    696 Ducati
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    add "and a voter"
    Good Idea!

Thread Information