PDA

View Full Version : See y'all later

Brett
26th November 2007, 17:57
Merry Christmas all, I am off overseas for the next 5 weeks on Friday. No bike riding for 5 weeks, gonna be the longest dry spell since I started riding.

Take care, keep them bikes shiny side up. I dont want to come back to any RIP threads!!

Cheers,

Brett

James Deuce
26th November 2007, 17:58
Have fun! Report back with photos please.

kiwifruit
26th November 2007, 18:03
Happy trails :)

Brett
26th November 2007, 18:05
Have fun! Report back with photos please.

I will come back armed with pics, and will specifically be on the lookout for anything to do with bikes, cheap gear, unique bikes and the like. Plus where I am going (SOuth Africa) people are a lot less rigid about the speed limit, so I will activly seek out the local riding clubs and start some networking. If possible I want to rent a sportsbike while over there and see some of the area on two wheels.

Mully
26th November 2007, 19:53
Merry Christmas all, I am off overseas for the next 5 weeks on Friday. No bike riding for 5 weeks, gonna be the longest dry spell since I started riding.

So, you'll be wanting someone to look after the bike for you?? Keep it in running order and all.

I suppose I could help you out.....

Not for my own sake, of course. Just to help you out....

BarBender
26th November 2007, 19:55
Have a great trip mate.:banana:
See ya when you get back.

Trudes
26th November 2007, 19:57
Safe travels, have fun!!!:woohoo:

Gremlin
27th November 2007, 01:35
Plus where I am going (SOuth Africa) people are a lot less rigid about the speed limit
just double check that, before an officer updates you... from what I heard, the days of 200 in the fast lane without a disco coming to you, are gone.

Plenty of mountain passes to explore... my dad always goes on about them. Just don't bugger them up... coz its a muuuuuch further drop than anything you may have come across :buggerd:

5 weeks.... I went mad after 3... enjoy :2thumbsup Your bike need looking after? (and by looking after, I mean thrashed :whistle:)

Leong
27th November 2007, 05:55
Have fun Brett!!

Brett
27th November 2007, 21:35
So, you'll be wanting someone to look after the bike for you?? Keep it in running order and all.

I suppose I could help you out.....

Not for my own sake, of course. Just to help you out....

Hahahaha...got it covered, mate of mine is house sitting for me:2thumbsup Cheers for the generous offer though:Pokey:

Have a great trip mate.:banana:
See ya when you get back.

Cheers, gutted to be missing the December ride. Gonna miss the pre-Christmas riding around the North Island...oh well.

just double check that, before an officer updates you... from what I heard, the days of 200 in the fast lane without a disco coming to you, are gone.

Plenty of mountain passes to explore... my dad always goes on about them. Just don't bugger them up... coz its a muuuuuch further drop than anything you may have come across :buggerd:

5 weeks.... I went mad after 3... enjoy :2thumbsup Your bike need looking after? (and by looking after, I mean thrashed :whistle:)

Hahaha...yeah I dont think it will be too much of an issue, the rental car is going to be a 1600cc Corolla AUTOMATIC...doubt things will get too exciting unless I turn out to have a rish uncle with a Porsche, Merc or BMW. Haven't managed to find anywhere to rent a bike from either...so any stint of fun is likely to be mild mannered.

Brett
30th November 2007, 07:59
Off to the airport. Peace out peeps, please ride safe all. I am gonna miss my bike:crybaby:.
Back January. Will post interesting pics I find over there.

Sanx
30th November 2007, 09:52
(and by looking after, I mean thrashed

Who were you gonna get to ride it? :whistle:

Brett
9th December 2007, 20:29
Yeah somehow I dont think poor Gremlin will be:bleh:

Well NZ can learn a thing or two about road rules and manners! Drivers here are bloody good...even if some of the roads themselves leave a little bit to be desired...
In general the main road systems are much more logical in how they work however.
Coiming into Durban the other day there was a crash on the main road (N1??) and a whole bunch of us ended up going back up off the motorway up an on ramp. Interesting experience.
Most people here seem to cruise at around the 130/140kph mark, every now and then an Audi RS4 or Merc or BMW comes and blasts you off the road. Also quite a few bikes over here now, they seem to prefer Gixxers, they are very common.
Saw a really nice special edition CBR600rr in white black and lime green...took pics, very bloody nice.

Anyway, at internet cafe so times up.
Ciao for now.

R6_kid
9th December 2007, 21:22
Im sick of you ditching me for your overseas 'experiences' Brett. I told you last time that you will need to find a new bed to sleep in when you get back, this time i mean it. Perhaps you should use some of your netcafe time to look through the dating websites to find someone to come home to.

love you long time

R6_kid
9th December 2007, 21:23
Your bike need looking after? (and by looking after, I mean thrashed :whistle:)

dont you mean trashed... he doesnt want to come home to squishy suspension

Gremlin
16th December 2007, 02:57
bastards...

afaik... I don't put bikes into trees... I don't class that as "loving" them :bleh: R6_Kid... he's already got someone else... it didn't take him long either :laugh:

Brett
5th January 2008, 11:01
Gareth & Allan - that I would be so drunk and you so lucky.....

Got back last night, pretty shattered, biggest 5 weeks of my life to date. No lies, we must have fitted 10 weeks travelling into 5 weeks. Got plenty of pictures, everything from beautiful scenery and roads to the snakes we caught/played with as well as all the guns.

Bangkok...what an insane place. Will give a proper update a bit later on. Fridge is empty as is my belly so it is time to go shopping...