PDA

View Full Version : Whiteware repairers out there?

ManDownUnder
14th July 2006, 16:28
I want some bits from old dead driers. the heating element (the whole thing, not just the wire element)

I see thet North Shore City is having it's inorganic between July and November this year but will only be posting the timetable to householders the week before...

Anyone out there able to tell me where it is at the mo so I can come nick some bits?

Better still, anyone actually work for that council - or know someone that does?
PM me
MDU

SARGE
14th July 2006, 16:34
i dont want to know why you need them..

seriously dude .. you frighten me sometimes ...

Warr
14th July 2006, 16:39
Nichrome is what you are after. Can be burgled from lots of things. Toaster comes to mind or any electric heater. Hard to join, needs to be crimped.

Swoop
14th July 2006, 16:43
Depends on what model/part you are after.

Prime Distributors in East Tamaki are a very good source for appliance parts. Google them!

ManDownUnder
14th July 2006, 16:53
Na it's the whole fitting, not just the nicrome wire bit. The heater element itself is a tube (like a wee length of exhaust tubing) with a collar fitting aroudn the outside of it - the collar contains the heating element of course.

It's for a 2kW bong SARGE

SARGE
14th July 2006, 17:26
It's for a 2kW bong SARGE

Drugs are Bad mmmmkay?

ManDownUnder
14th July 2006, 17:43
Drugs are Bad mmmmkay?

yeah ok - and the invite's in the post. If I can't get the RF off you cheap - I might need to resort to a Dover style stoning

bobsmith
14th July 2006, 20:56
buy busted toasters on trademe??? might be cheaper than beer...

FROSTY
14th July 2006, 21:11
bugger mater--days too late--they had a inorganic this week in belmont/devonport