PDA

View Full Version : Cylindrical rego holders?

NNN
5th November 2014, 14:41
Are the cylindrical rego holders legal? Me just inquisitive. I like those but am sure that a warden won't rotate the thing to read it.
Do I care is another story. ..
Cheers

Hitcher
5th November 2014, 15:18
Are the cylindrical rego holders legal?

"Legal" for what purpose? And what's with the facile questions?

NNN
5th November 2014, 15:25
Legal for road. The last I heard some people had issues with wardens issuing tickets because they can't read the lable properly.

haydes55
5th November 2014, 15:26
If a current rego is displayed, then a current rego is displayed

nodrog
5th November 2014, 17:08
Is this a first world problem?

Madness
5th November 2014, 17:45
Maybe we should start an online petition calling for a new law to be introduced so there's more clarity around the issue. TPTB will no doubt have a say in the matter and probably insist on a minimum diameter for said cylindrical rego holder of say around 450mm, thus ensuring easy reading of labels. What a fucking brilliant idea, if I may say so myself.

Moi
5th November 2014, 17:54
...And what's with the facile questions?

Let's get the terminology correct first before worrying about facile questions...

Swoop
5th November 2014, 18:30
The last I heard some people had issues with wardens issuing tickets because they can't read the lable properly.

If one of the fat bastard parking-Nazi's can't bend their girth to locate a rego label, they require a quick stabbing with a sharpened screwdriver. If they cannot fathom that a lot of bikes have W.o.F and or rego labels on the back of the number plate then these scum should not be allowed out in public unsupervised by an adult.

As for something that they might have to rotate to look at... Perhaps they should stick with the colouring-in section of the manual prior to moving on to the advanced stuff, like dot-to-dot puzzles.

Erelyes
5th November 2014, 20:14
Land Transport (Motor Vehicle Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2011 (http://www.legislation.govt.nz/regulation/public/2011/0079/latest/DLM2938339.html)

(2) In the case of a motorcycle, moped, or trailer, the licence must be affixed to the motorcycle, moped, or trailer immediately below or as close as practicable to the registration plate.
(4) In every case, the licence must be displayed in an upright, easily visible position.

But to be honest most parking wardens / cops will motochek the vehicle if there's any doubt so I wouldn't worry about cylindrical holders.

R650R
5th November 2014, 21:12
Are the cylindrical rego holders legal? Me just inquisitive. I like those but am sure that a warden won't rotate the thing to read it.
Do I care is another story. ..
Cheers

Only if you have a bent obscured number plate to match up the picture and also keep your wof label in your wallet as apparently that stops bike theft :killingme :scratch:

yevjenko
9th November 2014, 08:44
The Nazis... Err traffic wardens in Wellie don't motochek. I had my label in my pocket and they issued me with a two hundy buck ticket even though the bike was rego'd.

Fortunately the incompetent arsehole type my rego number in wrongly on the ticket... Hope the poor bugger with the Yamaha doesn't get a demand for 200 on an aprilia with his number plate :)

neels
9th November 2014, 20:15
(4) In every case, the licence must be displayed in an upright, easily visible position.
Wasn't there something a while back about the definition of upright, relating to vertically rather than horizontally mounted rego plates? Can't remember the outcome.

Anyway, on that basis the label on my drz is illegal as it's taped flat on top of the rear guard, safely out of harms way. If you've paid your money and it's visible with a minimum of effort, and in a suitable position for the type of bike, ticketing people is blatant revenue gathering.

yevjenko
10th November 2014, 07:13
Wasn't there something a while back about the definition of upright, relating to vertically rather than horizontally mounted rego plates? Can't remember the outcome.

Anyway, on that basis the label on my drz is illegal as it's taped flat on top of the rear guard, safely out of harms way. If you've paid your money and it's visible with a minimum of effort, and in a suitable position for the type of bike, ticketing people is blatant revenue gathering.
Nah, you're sweet with that. It's as close to the rego plate as safely possible