PDA

View Full Version : Help - Stolen bike (Auckland, 26 November)

Zippo
26th November 2013, 13:05
This happened about 15mins ago. My bike's just been stolen from the city. Green Kawasaki Ninja '08. Rego 90ZFH.

If anybody sees it, please let me know :'(

AWESOME right before summer kicks in!

Paul in NZ
26th November 2013, 13:11
Stink - will look out for it...

willytheekid
26th November 2013, 14:23
Ohh that sucks!

...so sorry to hear mate

oldrider
26th November 2013, 14:24
Geeeez I hate those thieving bastards ... best of luck in getting it back ... makes killing sound easy and worthwhile doesn't it! :2guns:

Zippo
26th November 2013, 14:27
I've only had it for a short while and was just getting more confident riding through the open roads.

This is highly disappointing news.

SADFACE :'(

Paul in NZ
26th November 2013, 14:29
I've only had it for a short while and was just getting more confident riding through the open roads.

This is highly disappointing news.

SADFACE :'(

Thats an understatement

Zippo
26th November 2013, 14:48
My workmate saw the loser drop it as he was leaving. Sure enough, my indicator cover is on the driveway.

Grubber
26th November 2013, 14:51
My workmate saw the loser drop it as he was leaving. Sure enough, my indicator cover is on the driveway.

Any reason why said work "mate" didn't stop him.

Zippo
26th November 2013, 14:55
Any reason why said work "mate" didn't stop him.

He thought it was my partner haha. He was about to go give him shit for dropping my bike then the guy sped past, and that's when he thought mmm maybe that wasn't him.

Oh well at least I found out less than 5mins after it was taken. Hopefully he shows up on traffic cameras or something.

Bald Eagle
26th November 2013, 15:40
Oh well at least I found out less than 5mins after it was taken. Hopefully he shows up on traffic cameras or something.

Or A&E

Sent from my LG-P768 using Tapatalk

Grashopper
26th November 2013, 15:44
That bastard! Hope they will get him and that you get your bike back in one piece.

imdying
26th November 2013, 15:58
Or A&E

Sent from my LG-P768 using Tapatalk

To good for him, I hope he dies.

Zedder
26th November 2013, 17:40
To good for him, I hope he dies.

Slowly and in great pain.

SMOKEU
26th November 2013, 17:53
And this is the exact reason why I don't like leaving my bike out of my sight unless it's in a locked garage at home, or at a mechanics workshop. Kill the thieving cunt!

haydes55
26th November 2013, 18:15
Kawasaki slap a Ninja badge on any bike with rubber tires.... What ninja exactly are we supposed to be looking for?

mossy1200
26th November 2013, 18:39
Kawasaki slap a Ninja badge on any bike with rubber tires.... What ninja exactly are we supposed to be looking for?

2008 KAWASAKI EX 250J

Motorcycle in Green

Year: 2008
Make: KAWASAKI
Model: EX
Submodel: 250J
Main Colour: Green
VIN:  JKAEXMJ188DA01446
Plate:  90ZFH
Engine No:  A01446

Vehicle Type: Motorcycle
Body Style: Motorcycle
CC rating: 249cc
Fuel Type: Petrol
Power: 23kW
Assembly Type: Imported Built-Up
Country of Origin: Japan

Zippo
27th November 2013, 07:36
^^Meep thanks for that!

Woohoo I can add more details to my insurance claim.

Hopefully I can get back on the road before Christmas, but I highly doubt it.

Juniper
27th November 2013, 07:44
Your new one????

This thread may get more views if you put it into the General Bike Raving section.

You have full insurance??

BigAl
27th November 2013, 08:22
2008 KAWASAKI EX 250J

Motorcycle in Green

Year: 2008
Make: KAWASAKI
Model: EX
Submodel: 250J
Main Colour: Green
VIN:  JKAEXMJ188DA01446
Plate:  90ZFH
Engine No:  A01446

Vehicle Type: Motorcycle
Body Style: Motorcycle
CC rating: 249cc
Fuel Type: Petrol
Power: 23kW
Assembly Type: Imported Built-Up
Country of Origin: Japan

This man knows a lot about said bike..... where were you yesterday at 2pm sir!

Joking aside I hope you either get it back undamaged or an insurance payout.

Zippo
27th November 2013, 09:07
Your new one????

This thread may get more views if you put it into the General Bike Raving section.

You have full insurance??

Yeah poor Kermit :( I've no idea how long it will take for insurance to pay out. This was supposed to be the best summer ever. Now i'm stuck driving to and from work. I saw you and Mao yesterday too! I waved like crazy lol.

Juniper
27th November 2013, 09:15
Yeah poor Kermit :( I've no idea how long it will take for insurance to pay out. This was supposed to be the best summer ever. Now i'm stuck driving to and from work. I saw you and Mao yesterday too! I waved like crazy lol.

Did you split past me?

I remember I pulled into the lane cause I was having spluttering problems so going slower than normal and a green one past me. :(

Zippo
27th November 2013, 09:16
Yeah that was me. Lol I thought you would have seen me cause I was seriously waving like a mad person.

Ehh is Mao still sick??

Juniper
27th November 2013, 09:36
Yeah that was me. Lol I thought you would have seen me cause I was seriously waving like a mad person.

Ehh is Mao still sick??

Sicker than ever.

Shes getting booked into the Doc soon..... thanks to NZPD! :banana:

What bike will you get next? Do you know how they started Kermit?

Zippo
27th November 2013, 09:40
Sicker than ever.

Shes getting booked into the Doc soon..... thanks to NZPD! :banana:

What bike will you get next? Do you know how they started Kermit?

Phew least they're paying to fix Mao!!

I don't know. Even with the insurance pay out, I still end up short. My excess is $750 *cringe*

There's really not a lot of choice, so I may end up getting a cheap run around. I can't keep driving the car because a) it's not mine and b) it cost a ton to run :(
I just need something reliable, so either another ninja or another vtr. I really want to try a 4 cylinder, but if it breaks well...mmm I don't have spare money to fix it.

avgas
27th November 2013, 09:44
Slowly and in great pain.
Nah quickly - he is wasting all my oxygen

Juniper
27th November 2013, 09:49
Phew least they're paying to fix Mao!!

I don't know. Even with the insurance pay out, I still end up short. My excess is $750 *cringe*

There's really not a lot of choice, so I may end up getting a cheap run around. I can't keep driving the car because a) it's not mine and b) it cost a ton to run :(
I just need something reliable, so either another ninja or another vtr. I really want to try a 4 cylinder, but if it breaks well...mmm I don't have spare money to fix it.

Wasent the Ninja a 4?

The only thing I can say is don't get an old bike!!!! Not worth the $$ and grief.

I went shopping for another and the guy said that I will not find a bike that satisfies me that's modern and LAMS approved. Because my bike only just fits within the limits because it was made before the Jap restriction.

Zippo
27th November 2013, 09:57
Wasent the Ninja a 4?

The only thing I can say is don't get an old bike!!!! Not worth the $$ and grief.

I went shopping for another and the guy said that I will not find a bike that satisfies me that's modern and LAMS approved. Because my bike only just fits within the limits because it was made before the Jap restriction.

Nah, the VTR was V-Twin and Ninja is a parallel twin.

Yeah but it's such a hassle when you commute on a bike and it breaks down. What else have you been looking at?

Murray
27th November 2013, 13:49
Strange it doesnt show up as stolen in carjam or police stolen vehicles website yet

I would have liked to think this happened pretty much as soon as reported????

Zippo
27th November 2013, 14:04
Strange it doesnt show up as stolen in carjam or police stolen vehicles website yet

I would have liked to think this happened pretty much as soon as reported????

Oh yeah that's bizarre! I reported it as soon as I found out that it was missing - which would have been around 2pm yesterday...Mmm...I hope I didn't screw up my report :(

iranana
27th November 2013, 14:08
God damn that sucks, bike thieves deserve to crash in the most horrible way possible. Will keep an eye out, although it's quite likely being chopped up somewhere for parts by now... Think on the bright side - at least you might get to shop for a new bike, and now you're all the wiser. I never leave my bike anywhere without at least a big disc lock on it - stops the common thief from taking advantage. And my bike looks like an old piece of shit. And this morning it decided to start running on one cylinder. And it's uncommon, and it's not very fast. So it's probably not all that desirable anyway, but still, it's my baby, so I lock it up to be safe.

oldrider
27th November 2013, 14:16
Oh yeah that's bizarre! I reported it as soon as I found out that it was missing - which would have been around 2pm yesterday...Mmm...I hope I didn't screw up my report :(

Every time I see you have a new post I think ah ... you have got it back! ... I guess your anguish is a lot greater than mine but don't give up hope yet!

My impression of an amusement park would be a place where bastards that steal bikes are tied up so that public can poke them with sharp things!

I think such a place would be very popular with bikers! :ride::yeah:

Akzle
27th November 2013, 15:33
My impression of an amusement park would be a place where bastards that steal bikes are tied up so that public can poke them with sharp things!

like a pillory eh? Like old white justice....

oldrider
27th November 2013, 16:13
like a pillory eh? Like old white justice....

White black brown yellow red any colour you like ... satisfactory justice would be the key factor! :yes: even a little vengeance would be attractive! :shifty:

Zippo
2nd December 2013, 09:35
GOOD NEWS!!! Several phone calls from the police later, my bike has been recovered!!

Loser decided to take it for a joyride on Sunday and caught the attention of the Police. They ended up pursuing him and eventually apprehended him and bike is now at a tow yard.

Hoping to hear from tow yard to say that I can collect it today. Will be sending it to a bike store to get it checked out and to get the damage assessed.

Also, I got a call later Sunday evening from an insurance investigator. Guy wanted to interview me and told me to make time to talk to him etc. And I went along with it all and asked when he would like to interview me. He said Tuesday morning and wanted to confirm that [insert home address here] was my address, and I said I would be at work. He's like oh well where did your bike get stolen from...but he was seriously intimidating and eventually when I asked him if he had been informed that they had recovered my bike he sort of went "Oh...oh...well in that case I'll have to talk to insurance and get back to you."

Phew - I am so pleased they found my bike. Mainly because it's save me talking to the scary insurance investigator!

Just received a phone call from police and towing company. My bike is ready to be collected! Have phoned insurance to collect bike and they are going to send it away to be checked out. Still have to pay the excess *OUCH guess I won't be getting those new bike pants* and who knows if I'll get that back from the loser, but I AM STOKED!!!

Thanks all!

oldrider
2nd December 2013, 09:50
Nice to hear but that 1st insurance guy sounds dodgy to me, be careful out there and have a merry Christmas and a "safe" new year! :drinknsin

Grashopper
2nd December 2013, 11:06
That's awesome news. So happy for you. That insurance guy really sounds shady though.

Tazz
2nd December 2013, 13:14
Awesome the dude got busted on it. Hope it's not trashed. Make sure to post it up if you get a hold of his name.

Also, I got a call later Sunday evening from an insurance investigator. Guy wanted to interview me and told me to make time to talk to him etc. And I went along with it all and asked when he would like to interview me. He said Tuesday morning and wanted to confirm my address, and I said I would be at work. He's like oh well where did your bike get stolen from...but he was seriously intimidating and eventually when I asked him if he had been informed that they had recovered my bike he sort of went "Oh...oh...well in that case I'll have to talk to insurance and get back to you."

Hah, yeah like the others said that dude is either useless at his job/people skills or that is some dodgy ass shiz going on (possibly the dude busted on it or his mate) wanting to steal your bike again :lol:

On that note you can 'opt out' of having your contact details available to joe public etc through your rego plate on the LTSA website (although they recently admitted to handing heaps of details out of people who applied for this recently anyway :rolleyes:)

Grashopper
2nd December 2013, 13:43
Good point. How do you know the guy really worked for your insurance company?

oldrider
2nd December 2013, 18:23
Good point. How do you know the guy really worked for your insurance company?

Ask them, "you and they" (insurance) might be surprised! ... Could be some more work for the Police! :Police:

Zippo
3rd December 2013, 09:49
Had a bit more time to think and I've calmed down a bit. The "investigator" had my cell phone number and home address and knew my insurance provider....I think he was just getting pretty sick and tired of his job. I would be too by this time of the year if I had be suspicious of everyone all year round.

I mentioned it to the insurance company and the lady sort of laughed and said it was procedure and she would let the company know. The police have been really wonderful and so have my insurance company. Investigator probably just needs his holiday I guess.

imdying
4th December 2013, 08:50
Not unusual for insurance investigators. They try to probe your story, and trip you up if you're making a false claim. Like every line of work, some of them are good and some are bad. You've already agreed to talk to him (when you signed up for your policy), and if you've nothing to hide he can be a dick all he likes, but it won't change anything :)

Not surprised if he hates his job... would be like being a police officer... seen too man fuckwits.

Tazz
4th December 2013, 11:04
Had a bit more time to think and I've calmed down a bit. The "investigator" had my cell phone number and home address and knew my insurance provider....I think he was just getting pretty sick and tired of his job. I would be too by this time of the year if I had be suspicious of everyone all year round.

I mentioned it to the insurance company and the lady sort of laughed and said it was procedure and she would let the company know. The police have been really wonderful and so have my insurance company. Investigator probably just needs his holiday I guess.

Sounded like they outright asked for the address the way I read it :o.

The dude was probably just having a bad day. If it still comes to it meet him at a cafe and shout him an Irish Coffee :cool:

caseye
4th December 2013, 16:37
So,oooooooooooooooooo, hows the bike?
Going OK I hope.
Got the shtface pricks name? home addy perhaps, we'd treat such information with the respect it deserves and someones rear Tyre might catch fire around their neck.

Zippo
5th December 2013, 09:07
Sounded like they outright asked for the address the way I read it :o.

The dude was probably just having a bad day. If it still comes to it meet him at a cafe and shout him an Irish Coffee :cool:

:facepalm: Oops, that's my bad...Didn't exactly plan on posting my address up there hahah.

Haven't heard anything else from the investigator - phew!

Bike is still at the shop, will check in with them today. I'm hoping that it's just fairing damage and it might need a new indicator. It should still be rideable, so I'm hoping to pick it up this weekend. Will be buying the biggest most visible lock I can find for it!!

Greenhonnet
29th August 2020, 12:46
A geek call Liam Mclean is selling an identical description to your bike on FB Messenger. Might pays to look out for it there.

caseye
29th August 2020, 13:33
A geek call Liam Mclean is selling an identical description to your bike on FB Messenger. Might pays to look out for it there.

Good for you, keeping an eye out for such things.
But, the bike was stolen in 2013.
Recovered same year.
Poor bugger on FB Messenger is probably shitting bricks about now.:shit:

TheDemonLord
30th August 2020, 01:32
This is an impressive Thread Necro.