PDA

View Full Version : Is it easy to adjust my back break?

cooky1975
21st February 2012, 08:01
i run a suzuki maurader 2011 and the front pads are nearly run down so will be changing - i need to adjust the back as well. Its a drum break - is this hard to do - i hvae the manual ? - any tips

yod
21st February 2012, 08:42
broken backs are nasty, you might wanna wait for it to heal before attempting any kind of adjustment

bogan
21st February 2012, 08:44
broken backs are nasty, you might wanna wait for it to heal before attempting any kind of adjustment

I had a sprained back, that was bad enough!

You can do 'back bridges' which is a calisthenic exercise, to give you more flexibility and strength, but if you're a noob it is also a good exercise to fuck you back up.

Crasherfromwayback
21st February 2012, 08:50
- i hvae the manual ? - any tips

What e says.

Best tip is...read the manual.

Edbear
21st February 2012, 09:52
What e says.

Best tip is...read the manual.

Wot he sez! :cool:

oneofsix
21st February 2012, 09:54
Not hard but RTFM, that's why they supply them.

HenryDorsetCase
21st February 2012, 13:35
I had a sprained back, that was bad enough!

You can do 'back bridges' which is a calisthenic exercise, to give you more flexibility and strength, but if you're a noob it is also a good exercise to fuck you back up.

the best thing I have done for my sore back is lose a bit of weight and do some core strength work. Situps, crunches, leg lifts, oblique dips, etc etc. repeat till you puke.

oneofsix
21st February 2012, 13:38
the best thing I have done for my sore back is lose a bit of weight and do some core strength work. Situps, crunches, leg lifts, oblique dips, etc etc. repeat till you puke.

I understand, so it is the stomach convulsions of puking that gives you the core strength. That must hurt after all those crunches etc. :whistle:

Maha
21st February 2012, 13:53
I would just abort the idea and concentrate on the rear BRAKE instead.

FJRider
21st February 2012, 13:57
I would just abort the idea and concentrate on the rear BRAKE instead.

+1 ... but broken backs are hard to ignore ...

bogan
21st February 2012, 13:59

I took up this (http://www.humananatura.org/naturalexercise7.php#) last week because I've put my ankle out while running. Pretty surprised at how much of a workout it is, and my flatties get some free entertainment out of it too <_<

James Deuce
21st February 2012, 14:46
I broke by back in 2 places. I've not tried adjusting it though. I'm not sure if I have a manual either.

yungatart
21st February 2012, 15:20
I broke by back in 2 places. I've not tried adjusting it though. I'm not sure if I have a manual either.

Well, you're royally screwed then, aren't you?
You could always try online tho

Maha
21st February 2012, 15:32

The Wairarapa and where else?

Edbear
21st February 2012, 15:40
+1 ... but broken backs are hard to ignore ...

Tell me about it, I've done it twice so far. Now I'm full of Titanium. Non adjustable though.

Well, you're royally screwed then, aren't you?

Hmmmm... Online back adjustments, could be new thing... :cool:

bogan
21st February 2012, 15:57

Like a tightrope exercise? or some innovative (maybe like a torture rack) use of fishing line?

ellipsis
21st February 2012, 16:09
...being rear ended sometimes fucks with your neck..unless we are talking rear ended, broke back mountain style...your'e not a closet Honda rider, are you?...

Tigadee
21st February 2012, 18:36
I broke by back in 2 places.

You went up a mountain on a Honda?

James Deuce
21st February 2012, 18:46
And came down the other side.

cs363
21st February 2012, 18:54
i hvae the manual ? - any tips

Is this the manual you have? I hear it's quite good.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41jkaUbESaL.jpg

nadroj
21st February 2012, 19:10
Is your break braken or broken?

FJRider
21st February 2012, 19:14

Or just bussed ...

cs363
22nd February 2012, 09:46

What the hell are you talking about? Bracken is a plant! :lol:

HenryDorsetCase
22nd February 2012, 10:15
Tell me about it, I've done it twice so far. Now I'm full of Titanium. Non adjustable though.

Hmmmm... Online back adjustments, could be new thing... :cool:

We've never met, but I imagine you as looking a bit like a T-800 from Terminator. Without the bad attitude of course. And battery powered....

Edbear
22nd February 2012, 10:37
We've never met, but I imagine you as looking a bit like a T-800 from Terminator. Without the bad attitude of course. And battery powered....

Hmmm... I dunno...

Tigadee
22nd February 2012, 11:41

Bet you're a lot of fun at the airport security checks! :facepalm:

Edbear
22nd February 2012, 11:48
Bet you're a lot of fun at the airport security checks! :facepalm:

I was disappointed that the scanners don't pick it up, only the hand-held ones do. Fun to be checked though...

nadroj
22nd February 2012, 16:57
I was disappointed that the scanners don't pick it up, only the hand-held ones do. Fun to be checked though...

Do you tell them "It's the lead in my pencil"?