PDA

View Full Version : From the Inside

Maha
8th January 2011, 12:36
Sorting through some paper stuff this morning, I came across a letter sent to us in August last year from the Auckland Remand Prison. This was the first time I had seen the hand written letter (hand written in pencil. I suppose you can drink ink eh?) He introduced himself and went on to say why he was on remand which involved a bike. His request was, could he have some bike mags sent to him as he has no really to correspond with on the outside.
Now I wont go into detail as to how he got our PO Box number and to be honest, he doesn't come across as a real hard arsed criminal so I am not that bent out of shape it, suffice to say, he does not have our home address.
I dont know this bloke and at first I thought, why us? then a couple of things dropped into place and it became clearer. Disturbing or ok?...:corn:
He signed off with....Two wheels for ever. all the best (then his name)

Headbanger
8th January 2011, 13:01
well.....are you disturbed?

scumdog
8th January 2011, 13:02
Skidmark??:blink:

Maha
8th January 2011, 13:33
well.....are you disturbed?

Depends on who you ask, start a poll.

Maha
8th January 2011, 13:34
Skidmark??:blink:

I said the letter was hand written.

Madness
8th January 2011, 13:57
I said the letter was hand written.

And in pencil, rather than non-toxic crayon.

ynot slow
8th January 2011, 14:08
It's bubba he knows ya have a honda.

Latte
8th January 2011, 14:16
I'd say it's ok if he got your po box through legitimate means, MAG are rider advocates and although not an original intention, what better option would this guy have?

But I could be all wrong :facepalm:

Fatt Max
8th January 2011, 14:36
The letter has been arpund since August and you have just read it now....mate, personally I would leave it at that. Maybe pass his details on to the magazines and ask if they would send him some back issues.

You simply never know

Thats my take on it anyways

piston broke
8th January 2011, 19:02
did the said person live in the rodney area?

Maha
8th January 2011, 20:41
The letter has been arpund since August and you have just read it now....mate, personally I would leave it at that. Maybe pass his details on to the magazines and ask if they would send him some back issues.

You simply never know

Thats my take on it anyways
Yeah not going to reply, hes probably out by now and running a book store.

did the said person live in the rodney area?

No Mt Eden I think?

Genie
8th January 2011, 20:57
Sorting through some paper stuff this morning, I came across a letter sent to us in August last year from the Auckland Remand Prison. This was the first time I had seen the hand written letter (hand written in pencil. I suppose you can drink ink eh?) He introduced himself and went on to say why he was on remand which involved a bike. His request was, could he have some bike mags sent to him as he has no really to correspond with on the outside.
Now I wont go into detail as to how he got our PO Box number and to be honest, he doesn't come across as a real hard arsed criminal so I am not that bent out of shape it, suffice to say, he does not have our home address.
I dont know this bloke and at first I thought, why us? then a couple of things dropped into place and it became clearer. Disturbing or ok?...:corn:
He signed off with....Two wheels for ever. all the best (then his name)

Haha, glad the letter wasn't anything important...that's a long time for mail to be left.

Maha
8th January 2011, 21:01
Haha, glad the letter wasn't anything important...that's a long time for mail to be left.

I know people in low places.

neels
8th January 2011, 21:02
You need to tidy your desk more often.

Maha
8th January 2011, 21:04
You need to tidy your desk more often.

My staff seem to think so as well.

Conquiztador
8th January 2011, 22:01
Sorting through some paper stuff this morning, I came across a letter sent to us in August last year .
I dont know this bloke and at first I thought, why us?

We are fucking lucky you are not anybody important.

bsasuper
9th January 2011, 06:50
He's just trying to sort out a ride for when he gets out, opposed to the rides he gets inside.

Maha
9th January 2011, 08:37
We are fucking lucky you are not anybody important.

Explain ''important'' to me if you will?
I am important to my Wife/Daughetrs/My Parents/Sisters etc
I have one of my Daughters here, would you like her to explain to you how important I am to her?

Genie
9th January 2011, 10:45
Explain ''important'' to me if you will?
I am important to my Wife/Daughetrs/My Parents/Sisters etc
I have one of my Daughters here, would you like her to explain to you how important I am to her?

Important as in....Prime Minister perhaps????

Laava
10th January 2011, 06:43
I'd vote for him!

Fatt Max
10th January 2011, 07:33
I'd vote for him!

I would'nt.....have you seen the way he eats a boiled egg...??

Laava
10th January 2011, 07:47

Yip! But it's the way he then re-lays it that impresses me!

Maha
10th January 2011, 15:46
I'd vote for him!
And that makes four.

I have since been told you have to peel them first?

Yip! But it's the way he then re-lays it that impresses me!

There are two things I can not lay, wood flooring and eggs.

Mudfart
10th January 2011, 19:54
they dont drink the ink, they use it to tattoo themselves and eachother. when they do it, theres a chance they will spread diseases like hepatitis.