PDA

View Full Version : BD and the very interesting day.

Big Dave
19th November 2010, 19:24
Fascinating in fact.

I spent the morning with two very cool motorcycle police Sergeants and recorded their messages regarding motorcycle safety for KR, and this afternoon I interviewed musician and genuine 'one of us' motorcycle enthusiast, Ronan Keating for Harley-Davidson.

Oresome day. I might just have a Wild Turkey or 17 after transcribing it all.

Watch out for any PUI later. :-)

98tls
19th November 2010, 19:28
Be very intersted to hear what the coppers have to say D,as for mr keating:corn:never heard of him.

James Deuce
19th November 2010, 19:29
Nice work chum!

Ronan seems quite down to earth for a mega-famous boy band star.

Hurry up and publish it!

Big Dave
19th November 2010, 19:45
Nice work chum!

Hurry up and publish it!

Cheers - have to get clearances before publishing, fullness of time.
And yeah he struck me as a top fullah. Rides to gigs.

98tls
19th November 2010, 19:49
Nice work chum!

Hurry up and publish it!

:facepalm:With you guys now:facepalm:Anyways very interested in what the coppers had to say in a somewhat informal situation.

98tls
19th November 2010, 19:51
What did the coppers ride in there own time Dave?

Big Dave
19th November 2010, 19:51
Be very intersted to hear what the coppers have to say D,as for mr keating:corn:never heard of him.

Yeah - same as the other gig - I have to get some clearances before I can quote.

I can say that I met with two genuine blokes who are concerned about the number of fatalities on their district's roads - they will be doing what they can to abate.

That includes motorcycle roadworthiness and paperwork checks. They also will be distributing 'Look Out For Bikes' packs that packs that include Hi-vis articles, visor cleaner, Rider Forever and Group Riding DVDs and other bits and bobs.

Big Dave
19th November 2010, 19:54
What did the coppers ride in there own time Dave?

Late model BMW GS 1200 and a Sports bike.

Big Dave
19th November 2010, 20:01
Don't believe in Karma? :-)

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/107293-Keating-R.?highlight=keating

98tls
19th November 2010, 20:05
Late model BMW GS 1200 and a Sports bike.

Sweet,be an interesting read then.Totally well off topic but i sit here wasting some time before heading off to the sis in laws birthday bash (i loathe the tart:violin:) whilst hearing bikes go past on there way up to the Winchester rally (Magpie Madness)almost masochism,i love the sound want to join them but cant:facepalm:

tri boy
19th November 2010, 20:16
That includes motorcycle roadworthiness and paperwork checks.

I know you do good relations work etc Dave, but come on, really............
I would be very interested in hearing their reasoning as to how this helps sort out the fatality situation.
Did they say how many fatalities were caused by defective bikes that failed wof, or how lack of N Dick rego paper causes a mother to greive?

Your too old to have come down in the last shower.

Big Dave
19th November 2010, 20:34
Your too old to have come down in the last shower.

No - but I heard what I consider to be a lot of pretty sound logic and they were certainly up-front about everything I asked.

Big Dave
19th November 2010, 20:36
love the sound want to join them but cant:facepalm:

I'm going to Burt on a Goldwing.

NZsarge
19th November 2010, 20:59
And yeah he struck me as a top fullah. Rides to gigs.

Despite his questionable taste in motorcycles you can't argue with that...

98tls
19th November 2010, 21:03
I'm going to Burt on a Goldwing.

Will turn of the fish pond pump then so as to hear you go buy.

Katman
20th November 2010, 16:28
No - but I heard what I consider to be a lot of pretty sound logic

Let me guess - their delivery was better than mine. :eek:

warewolf
20th November 2010, 19:00
I would be very interested in hearing their reasoning as to how this helps sort out the fatality situation.
Did they say how many fatalities were caused by defective bikes that failed wof, or how lack of N Dick rego paper causes a mother to greive?Unlicensed riders & bikes are over-represented in the stats (so they tell us). Just like drunks, youffs etc. The cops are just playing the odds, and trying to scare the bad boys off the road.

Shame that their tactics tend to piss off the people that already do the right thing.

Big Dave
20th November 2010, 20:14
Unlicensed riders & bikes are over-represented in the stats (so they tell us). Just like drunks, youffs etc.

Yep that's what they told me. And they had a dossier of statistics to back it up.

Katman
20th November 2010, 20:27
Yep that's what they told me. And they had a dossier of statistics to back it up.

Hallefuckinglujah - BRONZ may yet wake up and smell the rotting coffee.

warewolf
20th November 2010, 20:40
Hallefuckinglujah - BRONZ may yet wake up and smell the rotting coffee.Yeah, BRONZ need to stop promoting drunken unlicensed riding on unwarranted bikes, and do something productive like encouraging better riding. Heck, they could even run rider training courses! :facepalm:

Big Dave
20th November 2010, 21:56
Ha! - the road cones and markers they use at training you funded wasn't it Col?

Big Dave
20th November 2010, 22:05
I used your geology quote in the Harley story too Col. No by-line though :-P

Katman
21st November 2010, 13:33
Heck, they could even run rider training courses! :facepalm:

That's very commendable but........

........when a retard who places himself at the head of BRONZ Auckland (and whose word a sickening number of BRONZ members seem to treat as gospel) tries to discredit a woman's letter to the editor about the irresponsible actions of motorcyclists, by saying "Sheeple like that will complain about anything regardless of whether they have cause to complain or not" shows the extent of BRONZ's denial of the real problems facing Motorcycling.

tri boy
21st November 2010, 14:06
I must be really slow/stoopid/inbred etc, but I fail to see how policing for rego slips does anything worth while for rider education/fatality reduction.
Someone please enlighten me.

That is what the future "safety" awareness roadblocks are about surely.
Otherwise the various depts would use modern multimedia to their advantage.
The sheriff of Nottingham had his lacky's, so has the present ACC/Police/LTSA.

Dressing it up as safety awareness is just turning the very people that it is aimed at, away from the message.
As for BRONZ, I have no real comment. They do some good work, they do some average work.MHO

scumdog
21st November 2010, 14:35
Unlicensed riders & bikes are over-represented in the stats (so they tell us).

Pfft, according to quite a few on this site a licence is a mere frippery, something that only plebs bother to get - while they, the unlicenced brilliant ones fang around like Rossi doing runners left, right and middle and never binning.....:rolleyes:

Big Dave
21st November 2010, 16:08
I
Someone please enlighten me.

They are happening. Whether you like it or not.
Now you know. :-P

fliplid
21st November 2010, 16:39
So, they're going to be giving out freebies at these checks? Can't argue with freebies. Got a shed load when I go waved over outside Drury one time when the ACC lot were doing a driver fatigue thingy. Was forced to have more than 1 sausage in a bun (not one of C.M.O.T's either!)
Driving up and down SH1 around Dorkland, I see loads of check points on the on ramps, but can't remember a time seeing any bikes being pulled over an parked up being given a more thorough check. Always seems to be the "usual" car drivers and small commercial vehicles that get the harder time.
I've only been checked for rego and WOF once whilst I've been out and about, and that was on me way home from work when I went via Puke when they had one of their usual road side jobbies, mainly to see if you'd had a drink or 12 before setting off home :innocent:
Anything that gets unlicensed idiots off the roads is fine by me- whatever they ride or drive, and passing on a bit of preaching might not be a bad thing too.
Now, I'll get me coat...:facepalm:

Gremlin
21st November 2010, 16:45
Pfft, according to quite a few on this site a licence is a mere frippery, something that only plebs bother to get
Hey! I spent ages and lots of money getting my license, then the government ripped it outta my hands!

(for 3 months) :shutup: