PDA

View Full Version : Casbolts

Muppet
27th May 2010, 20:55
Friend went in to Casbolts to ask about a brake pedal for his VFR800 as he'd had an off recently. He was told by the guy there, that it would cost $250 to $450 ex Japan. The attitude of the staff left a lot to be desired, and they had the now standard Casbolts 'couldn't give a shit' attitude. Mate said he felt as if he was a burden. A quick search on the net by myself revealed one VFR800 brake pedal from USA for $89 USD. Casbolts-no sale, no customer, no wonder......

rustic101
27th May 2010, 21:09
I have never been there or know of them so will not comment on them.

However what I have found with the 'Brands' is that they; Appear to have forgotten where they came from, who hey are there for.

More importantly they are not the only supplier. I use the internet to get stuff out of Hong Kong and Europe and it always arrive within a day or two and is normally up to 70% cheaper - Big deal its had the "Brand" sticker removed.

The internet and on-line stores here and internationally are very power tools at the consumers reach.

AllanB
27th May 2010, 21:17
If it is a model that was or is available in the USA, wwwbikebandit.com is a good place to compare origional factory part prices.

There is something slightly wrong with NZ's parts pricing and I do not think it is all the dealers fault - there is a wholesaler making a whack too.

Bikemad
27th May 2010, 21:24
good onya fozzy bear..............

Stylo
27th May 2010, 21:34
Friend went in to Casbolts to ask about a brake pedal for his VFR800 as he'd had an off recently. He was told by the guy there, that it would cost $250 to $450 ex Japan. The attitude of the staff left a lot to be desired, and they had the now standard Casbolts 'couldn't give a shit' attitude. Mate said he felt as if he was a burden. A quick search on the net by myself revealed one VFR800 brake pedal from USA for $89 USD. Casbolts-no sale, no customer, no wonder......

Casbolts in Manchester St CH Ch ?

Worst Honda Dealer in the Country in my view and, the most unfriendly ....being visiting their shop for the last 30 years and, yet to have someone come up to me and say hello . I'll never buy a Honda....

A very close second is Norjo's in Christchurch, Kawasaki Agents ....

98tls
27th May 2010, 21:37

Common plight,had a mate that went into a dealership wanting parts for an old GSX,the pimpled one behind the counter asked "why are you fucking about with an old piece of shit like that " so he simply spent $1000s overseas.

Smokin
27th May 2010, 21:38
I have only had dealings with them a handfull of times because our local Honda dealer is nothing but a shark, But on each and every occassion I cant speak highly enough of the parts guys as Casbolts, They were really helpfull and the parts were on my doorstep quick smart, But... once I popped into their store and was looking at a new helmet and this older chap came up and gave me a telling off for touching them. I politely told him that he could learn some very valuable customer skills from his parts staff. That guy could ruin the place with his attitude.

fuknKIWI
27th May 2010, 22:02
The Yanks call it The Stealership.

imdying
28th May 2010, 09:42
I popped into their store and was looking at a new helmet and this older chap came up and gave me a telling off for touching them.Really? There's an old git at Casbolts who has no customer service skills?? Tell us more!

I wonder what that has cost him over the years... I know it's cost him at least one new Fireblade :D

onearmedbandit
28th May 2010, 09:46
Really? There's an old git at Casbolts who has no customer service skills?? Tell us more!

I wonder what that has cost him over the years... I know it's cost him at least one new Fireblade :D

And strangely enough, in his own arrogant way, he wouldn't care.

fliplid
28th May 2010, 09:55

Worst Honda Dealer in the Country in my view and, the most unfriendly ....being visiting their shop for the last 30 years and, yet to have someone come up to me and say hello . I'll never buy a Honda....
:blink: So, why do you go there then?

Muppet
28th May 2010, 10:51
Really? There's an old git at Casbolts who has no customer service skills?? Tell us more!

That'll be Graham Casbolt for sure. On a previous thread I detailed how he refused to furnish me with a part number for a rear wheel bearing on my CBR600F which was in pieces at Pit Lane (good bastards). He said to me as I left "Next time you want a part for your Honda you come to a Honda dealer" he seemed to enjoy this and as a result I've never been back other than to look at their bikes. A work colleague drove all the way to Dunedin with a trailer to buy a brand new VTR1000 rather than go to Casbolts. And with Hampton Honda on Carmen Road why would you bother, the guys out there let me and a mate (the one with the VFR) sit on a couple of Fireblades and talk shit about bikes, as you do....wasn't a problem.

imdying
28th May 2010, 11:12
Re: Honda Dealership... Only Graham Casbolt could fuck up a license to print money :rofl:

onearmedbandit
28th May 2010, 11:29
Christchurch is a very small town. So surely word of their reputation has got back to them. Fuck they only have to jump on the 'net and search Casbolts' to get a guage of how things are. And yet their attitude remains the same. That is arrogance.

sondela
28th May 2010, 12:17
Over a year ago, I bought my very awesome 999 from a great dealership in Dunedin, MCR, lovely guys who are a credit to motorcycling, the bike I wanted at Casbolts but didn't get, due to many of the reasons stated above, is still sitting in the showroom...

Blinkwing
28th May 2010, 12:21
Reading all this ... how do they manage to stay in business? Is it a front for other 'enterprises' ? :P

imdying
28th May 2010, 12:30
Reading all this ... how do they manage to stay in business? Is it a front for other 'enterprises' ? :PDad had a finance company?

wingnutt
28th May 2010, 12:58

I think the attitude, is pretty prevalent through a lot of districts concerning Honda dealers, when I was restoring an oldie it soon became obvious that they weren’t interested in helping, so I brought everything in from the USA, and got all my advice off the net.

Their loss, I was prepared to put all my money their way, they didn’t get because of rubbish service.

Workshop guys are great, but parts staffs don’t give a shit, and the only thing I get are oil filters, even get my oil elsewhere.

Some months ago, at a rally, a Honda representative, was told by riders from almost all districts, that the Honda dealerships customer service was crap, and something needed to be done.

fuknKIWI
28th May 2010, 13:13
Here's their contact details;
http://casboltsmotorcycles.motorcycletrader.co.nz/Contact.aspx?N=0

HenryDorsetCase
28th May 2010, 14:15
That'll be Graham Casbolt for sure. On a previous thread I detailed how he refused to furnish me with a part number for a rear wheel bearing on my CBR600F which was in pieces at Pit Lane (good bastards). He said to me as I left "Next time you want a part for your Honda you come to a Honda dealer" he seemed to enjoy this and as a result I've never been back other than to look at their bikes. A work colleague drove all the way to Dunedin with a trailer to buy a brand new VTR1000 rather than go to Casbolts. And with Hampton Honda on Carmen Road why would you bother, the guys out there let me and a mate (the one with the VFR) sit on a couple of Fireblades and talk shit about bikes, as you do....wasn't a problem.

I bought a brand new Honda 919 Hornet from Brendan and Craig at Ashburton Honda, rather than buy it there. I have had a couple of good experiences with parts also, but Mr Casbolt was very rude to me a few years ago, and I will not buy a bike from them ever. and now Hamptons are Honda dealers, they will get what minimal parts business I get.

Corse1
28th May 2010, 15:06
You would think that with the lull in bike sales dealers would be looking to their service and parts departments to turn over some coin. They can moan about internet sights taking all their part sales but providing poor customer service on top of that will bite them in arse sooner or later.
Geez how many thousands have they lost already in this short thread alone!!

shrub
28th May 2010, 15:48
I bought a bike of Craig at Casbolts in the 90s, and when I go in he still recognises me and says gidday. I have never had a problem with him, but old man Casbolt is a twat.

Out of the Manchester St bike shops Pitlane stand head and shoulders above any of them, and I will go there for anything I can. I visited Rolling Thunder once and didn't like being told that my bike was a piece of crap compared to the Harley I was looking at, but I'm sure if you ride a Harley they're fine. The Sportszone crew are friendly whenever I go in for a drool, but they don't sell anything I want. The new guy selling Guzzis seems pretty good and when I went in for a drool he was super friendly and offered me a ride on a demonstrator even though I told him I wasn't looking to buy.

p.dath
28th May 2010, 15:51
If you are after Honda bike parts I have found Econohonda in Hamilton real good (have only bought from them online).
http://www.econohonda.co.nz/

You can often choose OEM or second hand parts, and they seem to carry a pretty decent stock. If I can, I try to support someone in NZ first.

jim.cox
28th May 2010, 15:53
My experiences are similar

It go so that I was going next door to by oil for my Ducati

But then the place next door went from bikeshop to boutique - and I cant decide which is worse

shrub
28th May 2010, 16:03
My experiences are similar

It go so that I was going next door to by oil for my Ducati

But then the place next door went from bikeshop to boutique - and I cant decide which is worse

Go and see Don at Pitlane. He sells a huge range of consumables at a good price.

jim.cox
28th May 2010, 16:09
Indeed he does - including thick old dinosaur oil suitable for thick old dinosaurs :)

And I should also mention Budget Motorcycle Spares who are also "good bastards"

shrub
28th May 2010, 16:12
Indeed he does - including thick old dinosaur oil suitable for thick old dinosaurs :)

And I should also mention Budget Motorcycle Spares who are also "good bastards"

Funny how the non-franchise shops are the only ones worth visiting. Maybe having a franchise makes you arrogant huh?

jim.cox
28th May 2010, 16:14
Funny how the non-franchise shops are the only ones worth visiting. Maybe having a franchise makes you arrogant huh?

I disgaree - the Trumpet and Suzii dealers on Manchester St are also both good to deal with and not at all stuck up

AllanB
28th May 2010, 16:16
But then the place next door went from bike shop to boutique - and I cant decide which is worse

Hahaha Classic - that would be the new snazzy look RT I guess! I know what you mean - it is pretty spiffy now and lost the hard core edge!

I like what the guy is doing with the new Guzzi shop - the bikes are the focus and the rest is interesting in raw steel gracefully 'ageing'.

I do like a bit of an edge to my bike shops. I'd like to see Sportzone (great sales staff) capitalise on the racing history of the GSXR with a few 'action shot' banners hanging from the roof and why not mount a couple of historic classics on the wall - GS1000s, GT380 or something similar. Backlight them with some LED's for night time ambiance through the showroom window.

peasea
28th May 2010, 16:17
Re: Honda Dealership... Only Graham Casbolt could fuck up a license to print money :rofl:

Although I think the Nigerian Govt did that too, didn't they?

jim.cox
28th May 2010, 16:21
Although I think the Nigerian Govt did that too, didn't they?

I have always wondered why Dunedin's Meat & Vege gave up the Honda dealership.

I heard it was the hassles of warranty claims - especially on the farm bikes. Who knows?

But I dont think any dealership is a licence to print $$

peasea
28th May 2010, 16:21
I visited Rolling Thunder once and didn't like being told that my bike was a piece of crap

That's bullshit. Giving you a sales pitch is one thing but dishing out shite like that is unacceptable I reckon. Especially when you don't ride a jappa.

jim.cox
28th May 2010, 16:24
Hahaha Classic - that would be the new snazzy look RT I guess! I know what you mean - it is pretty spiffy now and lost the hard core edge!

Yeah - real spiffy :(

And now we have a shop that doesnt sell the one thing my bike needs regularly :(

'course if I wanted a snazzy new bandana I know here to go....

Dooly
28th May 2010, 16:25
I've had one dealing with them.
Brought my Ducati off them.
I emailed all the Duc agents around the country telling them what I wanted and could they help, a NZ new one, not a Jap, Casbolts were only 1 of 2 to respond and a bloke called Craig? hunted me out one that he knew of in Nelson that the owner may be selling as he was crook, which they had sold new to him.
After a week he got the bike for me, I was happy with the price, he freighted it up free, and its been a bloody good bike which I still have.
More than impressed.

What did I do wrong?:shutup::lol:

peasea
28th May 2010, 16:32

I heard it was the hassles of warranty claims - especially on the farm bikes. Who knows?

But I dont think any dealership is a licence to print $$

It may not have been in the earlier days but with modern bikes there isn't really a heck of a lot to worry about, all of them are fairly reliable. I know a very wealthy man who has a Harley franchise so if HD's were as bad as some might have you believe he wouldn't be where he is today.

AllanB
28th May 2010, 16:39
What did I do wrong?:shutup::lol:

Ha ha nothing! I've had good service there but I'm heading in for specifics so proactively approaching someone to assist me.

Oddly enough the coolest Honda I've seen lately is down the road at the Triumph dealers - a 50cc race bike made in very limited numbers some years back to celebrate the original 50cc race bike ..... (sounds like a epposide of Lost) - it's a tiny think and is just asking for a thrashing, but it has not been ridden as purchased as a collector piece. Up for sale now.

onearmedbandit
28th May 2010, 16:49
Craig is a real decent bloke, I sold him a car once and ended up leaving car sales and moving to Casbolts just to try out the bike industry. Greg (not sure if he is there still) is a decent cunt as well once you get to know him, he does know his shit (as does Craig) but he doesn't pull punches when telling someone how it is. Graham on the other hand. Hmmm, like all people he did have a decent side as well, like letting me smoke in the shop on Saturday mornings (even providing me with an ash tray) but some of his business practices were very interesting. Yes you can argue they are still in business, but I'd put that down to two things. Money, and more importantly Craig and Greg. And these two (in my time anyway) basically ran the shop. It was Craig who was instrumental in getting the Ducati franchise.

ukusa
28th May 2010, 17:41
I had a few dealings back in the 80's with them (bought a near new XR350 back in about '85). No problems then I can recall, BUT....
3 or 4 years ago was my last visit, when my sons XR100 needed some suspension nylon bushes. None in stock, would have to order ex Japan. And the price, $40 each from memory! Well I questioned it & the reply was "I beg your pardon, don't you want it!" I told him "it's a bit pf plastic". I ordered it anyway & it took around 6 weeks to get it from memory (goodbye summer). Don't know who the guy was, but he was a rude prick. I would never deal with them again either.
Bring back Whiting Honda!

toycollector10
28th May 2010, 17:59
Dealerships won't stock many parts these days. There's too many models.

Here's a VFR800 pedal that you can have for about $100 NZD, landed ex USA.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-00-VFR800-FRONT-RT-PEG-AND-BRACKET-BRAKE-PEDAL-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439942151eQQitemZ29033 4053662QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_5 00wt_975

I buy 90 percent of what I need on the internet. I do a Google search, compare prices, get a quote to ship, do a currency conversion to get the final price and it's a done deal. Most parts suppliers can supply the parts within 7 days ex USA and pretty much the same from the UK and even the Netherlands. Ebay is the best by far for unobtanium or rare parts. Even better for common parts because sellers want to move the stock not have it sitting on a shelf. They're there to trade and move product but they are also in competition with all the other traders.

Slyer
28th May 2010, 18:22
http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=743747&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2008&fveh=20239
USD$81.20 New
Mrcycles are the cheapest I've found.

I don't see how any dealership can afford to be slack on service when that is effectively all they are selling?

zzzz
28th May 2010, 18:36
I tried to buy the odd bike off them now and then.
But I did not like the deal, so did not trade.

I thought that was fair enough, we both do not agree on the price etc.

And one day I went back in there to see what deal they would do on a bike I really liked.
And got the answer, why should we bother?
As you have never bought a bike from us before.
So I thought, you are right, so why break a winning streak, and left with out getting a trade in price and went else where.

peasea
28th May 2010, 19:35
http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=743747&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2008&fveh=20239
USD$81.20 New
Mrcycles are the cheapest I've found.

I don't see how any dealership can afford to be slack on service when that is effectively all they are selling?

That's quite right, and especially in a tight market. Everyone who comes through the door should get the 'what can do for you' treatment full-on. I have a daughter in sales, in a tight market, who does very well thank you coz she politely provides service. It is lacking in many areas and it's the death knell of many a business.

ynot slow
28th May 2010, 21:41
Ina a word SERVICE,if you can get an item and on time fine,if delays tell the customer,no brainer really.And to those who say no time to do so,use a diary.

Case and point today,I did a measure/call to a guy wanting my input on his property he was renovating,told him my ideas and said I'd submit a plan when he had his wall cladding on etc.Rang him today,explained I told him I'd phone him in a week or three,he was appreciative of my call and said words to the effect,shit you care about business.Which is true,no customers no job,a phone call costs nothing(well next to nothing) and all it took was a memo in diary.

SMOKEU
28th May 2010, 21:55

Worst Honda Dealer in the Country in my view and, the most unfriendly

They're nowhere near as bad as Hampton Honda.

onearmedbandit
28th May 2010, 23:27
They're nowhere near as bad as Hampton Honda.

Your one experience with them versus numerous other peoples experiences suggest otherwise.

Berries
28th May 2010, 23:48

Nah, it was all due to the lack of the pink dollar down here.

I get up to Chch fairly often so used to always make a habit of wandering around the shops on Manchester Street. Can't be sure of the names so will watch what I say. The one on its own on the opposite side of the street to the others (blue shop ? sporty bikes anyway) was the only one where they actually said hello, asked if I was ok looking around and generally acted in the manner I expect shopkeepers/salesmen should. The two big shops were not bothered at all even though I was always in buying mode if I saw something on my trip to the 'big city'.

One time I was wanting to have a look at an AGV helmet and found one of the smaller shops had them on display. Was made to feel like a thief though when I went in so no sale there. The big shops left me staring at the helmets on display for too long (one of them ignored me completely) so in the end it was a new Shoei from Meat and Vege and my search for a decent summer glove continues.

Now when I go up to Chch I rarely bother going to the bike shops.

Gibbo89
14th July 2010, 01:42
Nah, it was all due to the lack of the pink dollar down here.

I get up to Chch fairly often so used to always make a habit of wandering around the shops on Manchester Street. Can't be sure of the names so will watch what I say. The one on its own on the opposite side of the street to the others (blue shop ? sporty bikes anyway) was the only one where they actually said hello, asked if I was ok looking around and generally acted in the manner I expect shopkeepers/salesmen should. The two big shops were not bothered at all even though I was always in buying mode if I saw something on my trip to the 'big city'.

One time I was wanting to have a look at an AGV helmet and found one of the smaller shops had them on display. Was made to feel like a thief though when I went in so no sale there. The big shops left me staring at the helmets on display for too long (one of them ignored me completely) so in the end it was a new Shoei from Meat and Vege and my search for a decent summer glove continues.

Now when I go up to Chch I rarely bother going to the bike shops.

dabble with the other stores not on manchester. not sure about other chch people but i get a good vibe in hampton honda (carmen road?) and i heard that the suzuki store near sockburn round-a-bout is good. and Just Motorcycles in New Brighton are always friendly. dont give up on the cantabs just yet...

Banditbandit
14th July 2010, 08:29
There is something slightly wrong with NZ's parts pricing and I do not think it is all the dealers fault - there is a wholesaler making a whack too.

I'm not sure about the motorcycle dealers - but the car repair industry puts a 100% mark up on parts ... I've even seen 150% mark up .. and that's on the price the repairer pays for it ... so the wholesaler has his cut ... then the repairer basically doubles that price ...

Eyegasm
14th July 2010, 13:54
Buy Jewellery, It's even worse than 100% mark up.

I worked for a watch importer and we brought in a limited piece and only got 2 watches. I bought mine for $450 (cost+GST) and the other sold in a shop for RRP of $2,499

HenryDorsetCase
14th July 2010, 14:47
Buy Jewellery, It's even worse than 100% mark up.

I worked for a watch importer and we brought in a limited piece and only got 2 watches. I bought mine for $450 (cost+GST) and the other sold in a shop for RRP of $2,499

I want an Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch please. Steel band.

GMcC
15th July 2010, 21:12
We were down South for a couple of weeks Feb last and the battery on me S2R 1000 went a bit belly up ( were over the West Coast at this stage - tried to get 1 locally but no luck of coarse )
Rang Ducati daelers - Casbolts and they fired one up on the trickle and we picked it up later that day - was near on closing time too..............
They could not have been more helpful !!!!
Both parts guys and mechanic fussed over the bike and even reset my fault code on the dash read out - showed me how to do for the future ( bike gone now )
Full marks to them :scooter:

AxN
23rd August 2010, 17:23
I feel obliged to post something in this thread because the great, friendly service I have experienced at Casbolts recently. I started shopping for my current bike from about 8 months ago, and I had visited Casbolts several times and each time I was able to talk to a salesperson, and Craig always took time to sit down for a chat despite the first 4 or 5 visits were purely window shopping. And bike purchase process went smoothly and for a rather inexperience bike rider/owner like me, they have always patiently answered my questions and provided prompt solutions to my problems.

Casbolts gets two thumbs up from me.

Muppet
23rd August 2010, 20:16
I bought a bike of Craig at Casbolts in the 90s, and when I go in he still recognises me and says gidday. I have never had a problem with him, but old man Casbolt is a twat.

Out of the Manchester St bike shops Pitlane stand head and shoulders above any of them, and I will go there for anything I can. I visited Rolling Thunder once and didn't like being told that my bike was a piece of crap compared to the Harley I was looking at, but I'm sure if you ride a Harley they're fine. The Sportszone crew are friendly whenever I go in for a drool, but they don't sell anything I want. The new guy selling Guzzis seems pretty good and when I went in for a drool he was super friendly and offered me a ride on a demonstrator even though I told him I wasn't looking to buy.

Yes Don at Pitlane talks the talk and walks the walk. I've gone there since 1999 for tyres, chains, sprockets and brake pads. He speaks to every single person that walks in his shop even while he is flat out.

I'll tell you how much time I have for the guy: I waited 90 mins for him to change both tyres on my bike while he was dealing with a big influx of customers. Did I care? No because I was sitting in his waiting area reading some of the hundreds of bike mags and drinking coffee. Another time I took a friend's bike in for a new rear tyre and he discovered the rear brake piston had seized. To say it was a prick of a job is an understatement, he spent the next hour fixing it and wouldn't take any money for his efforts.

You can see why I won't go anywhere else, even if they're cheaper.

HondaSTrider
23rd August 2010, 20:48
I would have to report much the same experiences as most others on here. Parts guys and mechanics pretty up front and helpful (service and accessory outlet on a VFR800) but certainly a very different reception on the shop floor!
Partner and I went in looking for a bike for her, not really sure what she was after. Saw something that may have done but was a little small in capacity. Asked if they had or knew of anything similar in type but bigger cc..... answer.... No. That's it, nothing added, just walked away. :shit:
Suffice to say we looked... and spent, elsewhere.
Went in from time to time looking for accessories, helmets, gloves, jackets etc and rarely got a decent reception out front... and at times bordering on rude.
When it came time to spend large, I went to Hampton Honda and swapped nearly $30K for my new ST 1300 with the extra 'ready to go' bits on it. More than happy with the process there before, during and after the sale! Well done Casbolts for assisting your competition!

Also get a good reception across the road at Sportzone. Can't see me ever buying a Soozy but the guys there are always cheery and helpful, hence a spend of around $2k on a couple of Arai helmets. Doesn't take that much effort to make a sale really ay? Takes none at all to get folk walking out your door!!!

Old Steve
23rd August 2010, 21:08
Back a looooong time ago, when I started my first job, the MD asked me why the company was there. I said to sell engineering equipemt and parts. He said:

The company is there to make a profit for the shareholders.
To make a profit we sell equipment and parts.
To sell equipment and parts we provide service.

I've never forgotten that.

Pixie
24th August 2010, 08:53
Yes Don at Pitlane talks the talk and walks the walk. I've gone there since 1999 for tyres, chains, sprockets and brake pads. He speaks to every single person that walks in his shop even while he is flat out.

I'll tell you how much time I have for the guy: I waited 90 mins for him to change both tyres on my bike while he was dealing with a big influx of customers. Did I care? No because I was sitting in his waiting area reading some of the hundreds of bike mags and drinking coffee. Another time I took a friend's bike in for a new rear tyre and he discovered the rear brake piston had seized. To say it was a prick of a job is an understatement, he spent the next hour fixing it and wouldn't take any money for his efforts.

You can see why I won't go anywhere else, even if they're cheaper.

Congratulations for not saying " walks the talk" like so many NZ morons do these days.:niceone:

rabidnz
24th August 2010, 10:18
budget are fine if you know exactly what you want and it is in their books, otherwise they are pretty much clueless, but all very lovely people, and as such it is my first port of call for bits and bobs. The guys at pitlane are more helpful and knowledgeable (they will compare parts to try find a match if you really need the bit asap), and they have alot more specific bike skills, but also seem alot more gruff, and the old guy never calls you back like he says he will when you ring up for a part.
I wont even set foot inside a stealership unless there is no way i can engineer an alternative fix. Was at norjos last week, seemed friendly till i had paid, then basically scooted me towards the door while i was having a geez at some of the bikes. The shop feels like an old bookstore or something.

Ps whoever said about the racing banners and classic bikes on show in sportzone, that is the best idea ive heard today, it would certainly get me in the doors!

Renegade
24th August 2010, 10:30
If you are after Honda bike parts I have found Econohonda in Hamilton real good (have only bought from them online).
http://www.econohonda.co.nz/

You can often choose OEM or second hand parts, and they seem to carry a pretty decent stock. If I can, I try to support someone in NZ first.

i second this, econohonda have provided great service for my honda parts and carry some second hand bits too, one phone call hand over credit card detail and part shipped that day, great service!! and in NZ with reasonable prices

batboy
27th August 2010, 16:40
Casbolts really suck big time, over priced attitude filled people.

Hampton Honda in Hornby are sooooooo much better, nice helpful people could not recomend them anymore!!!!!
Screw casbolts go to Hamptons,