PDA

View Full Version : Need a job in Chch ASAP

**R1**
4th April 2005, 10:15
Well i have been offered voluntary redundancy from work... as i have worked their for 12 years its a nice we offer that im inclined to accept, but i have a wife 2 kids and the mortgage to worry about, im willing to do anything.... i have been working in electronics for the past 12 years and would like to have a go at something completly different, but will do anything...if anyone knows of anything please pm me or post some contact details

Cheers
Aaron

Indiana_Jones
4th April 2005, 10:31
Shit, sorry to hear that man, hope you get work soon.

I need a job in Auckland pretty fast too lol :p

-Indy

scumdog
4th April 2005, 10:55
Riding Instructor?? :bleh:

Seriously, it shouldn't take you long to pick up another job in that field in Ch-ch.

jrandom
4th April 2005, 10:58
0800 NEW COPS?

John
4th April 2005, 11:03
0800 SEX WORK

but seriously, There is always a job around there, checked all the online job sites?

i.e
www.seek.co.nz
www.jobzone.co.nz

They always have something in electronics and stuff there.

Good luck mate.

**R1**
4th April 2005, 11:17
0800 NEW COPS?Mock all you like but i'm tempted.....i will be paid to speed and be a wanker:lol:

scumdog
4th April 2005, 11:25
Mock all you like but i'm tempted.....i will be paid to speed and be a wanker:lol:

Yeah but I stop both when they stop paying me (ie not at work):killingme :killingme

ktulu
4th April 2005, 11:27
http://www.seek.co.nz/users/apply/index.ascx?Sequence=19&PageNumber=1&ChannelID=1&SiteID=9&JobId=4807336&Keywords=FENCING

For anyone in auckland, that might be you indy?

jrandom
4th April 2005, 11:27
Mock all you like but i'm tempted.....i will be paid to speed and be a wanker:lol:

I was actually kind of serious. In your situation, it wouldn't be such a bad choice, unless your extensive history of Sticking It To The Man leads to problems with acceptance.

You don't seem like an evil sort, you'd make a fine cop, I'm sure. And if you did join up, your conscience would prick you with remorse every time you were a Bad Example To The Community on your bike, which would probably have the effect of lengthening your expected lifespan. :kick:

speedpro
4th April 2005, 11:28
If it was the USA you could shoot people as well, actually you could do that here as well :ar15: :2guns: Of course this goes without saying - :bash:

scumdog
4th April 2005, 11:31
If it was the USA you could shoot people as well, actually you could do that here as well :ar15: :2guns: Of course this goes without saying - :bash:

And the bullets are free!!!

**R1**
4th April 2005, 11:33
I was actually kind of serious. In your situation, it wouldn't be such a bad choice, unless your extensive history of Sticking It To The Man leads to problems with acceptance.

You don't seem like an evil sort, you'd make a fine cop, I'm sure. And if you did join up, your conscience would prick you with remorse every time you were a Bad Example To The Community on your bike, which would probably have the effect of lengthening your expected lifespan. :kick:well i rang "the man" not very helpful on the phone but they are sending me an info pack....

Aaron
4th April 2005, 12:22
Recruitment into the Police can be a somewhat 'drawn out' process, (in order to test your commitment/eagerness). If this is something you want to pursue you'll still need something in the interim.

Further to this, where you want to be located to can affect how long it takes to get in... i.e. Westport - forever, Christchurch - a while, Auckland - when can you leave. As they recruit based on demand. They'll tell you that once in the Police it's easier to relocate, this is bollocks.

Have you tried Tate Electrontics? They're always advertising for various staffing positions... unless that's where you are.

Lilmsrocker
4th April 2005, 12:43
Do you know anything about construction?......I work for a realestate developer here in CHCH that has just fired most of his crew(they were young and showed, when they felt like it)...anyway I can ask him about you contacting him if you would like?

**R1**
4th April 2005, 12:57
Do you know anything about construction?......I work for a realestate developer here in CHCH that has just fired most of his crew(they were young and showed, when they felt like it)...anyway I can ask him about you contacting him if you would like?i have never worked in construction,(happy to learn) but anything that pays the bills has to be a plus:niceone:

jrandom
4th April 2005, 13:10
i have never worked in construction,(happy to learn) but anything that pays the bills has to be a plus:niceone:

With the market the way it is now, a good chippie who always turns up at a site on time with a full set of tools in his van can get REALLY good money and a guaranteed workload. I've seen $30-$40 an hour happening. Might be down a little now, not sure if the construction boom is still going strong, but it's certainly a decent living.

**R1**
4th April 2005, 13:26
With the market the way it is now, a good chippie who always turns up at a site on time with a full set of tools in his van can get REALLY good money and a guaranteed workload. I've seen $30-$40 an hour happening. Might be down a little now, not sure if the construction boom is still going strong, but it's certainly a decent living.hhmmmm sounds good, i will have a chat to Dangerous when he's on line nxt.

scumdog
4th April 2005, 13:29
hhmmmm sounds good, i will have a chat to Dangerous when he's on line nxt.

Then you won't have to be paid to speed and be a wanker.. :killingme :killingme :killingme :whistle:

madboy
4th April 2005, 13:34
Take the voluntary redundancy and run!! Depending on your debt level you could be a bloody builders labourer and earn enough to keep up with the bills and so not eat into your redundancy while searching for a "real" job. And when the real job lands, the redundancy is all gravy.

**R1**
4th April 2005, 13:40
Take the voluntary redundancy and run!! Depending on your debt level you could be a bloody builders labourer and earn enough to keep up with the bills and so not eat into your redundancy while searching for a "real" job. And when the real job lands, the redundancy is all gravy.yeah thats my plan for the mo, i would like to have another job to go 2, so i dont waste the "gravy" and then have a good think about what i would like to do, and go from there, i dont have SFA as far as debt just the mortgage

**R1**
4th April 2005, 13:43
Then you won't have to be paid to speed and be a wanker.. :killingme :killingme :killingme :whistle:If all coppers had your sense of humour it would be a no brainer:killingme :killingme i'd be out fining all u bastards or at least checking out ya bikes and giving you a talking 2:msn-wink:

madboy
4th April 2005, 13:47
i dont have SFA as far as debt just the mortgageThen ANY job will do! Full-time at The Warehouse will probably get you $350 or so after tax by now.

Just think how little your mortgage will be, or how fast your bike will be post-redundancy :)

swanman
4th April 2005, 14:17
Well i have been offered voluntary redundancy from work... as i have worked their for 12 years its a nice we offer that im inclined to accept, but i have a wife 2 kids and the mortgage to worry about, im willing to do anything.... i have been working in electronics for the past 12 years and would like to have a go at something completly different, but will do anything...if anyone knows of anything please pm me or post some contact details

Cheers
Aaron
At least when you left you got a pay out, my last company just shut down and we were told to leave. Bye....

**R1**
4th April 2005, 14:47
At least when you left you got a pay out, my last company just shut down and we were told to leave. Bye....Yeah that would suck, at least at the mo its voluntary, but i would hate to turn it down and then the company to go bust a few months later and get nothing...

scumdog
4th April 2005, 15:13
At least when you left you got a pay out, my last company just shut down and we were told to leave. Bye....

Like when I "left" Fortex....

**R1**
4th April 2005, 15:57
Recruitment into the Police can be a somewhat 'drawn out' process, (in order to test your commitment/eagerness). If this is something you want to pursue you'll still need something in the interim.

Further to this, where you want to be located to can affect how long it takes to get in... i.e. Westport - forever, Christchurch - a while, Auckland - when can you leave. As they recruit based on demand. They'll tell you that once in the Police it's easier to relocate, this is bollocks.

Have you tried Tate Electrontics? They're always advertising for various staffing positions... unless that's where you are.Yup im already at taits, and im not real keen on moving from a senior position to an assembler, i would do assembly or pretty much anything for another company but not for Taits, be kind of like being a copper and then going to jail if ya get what i mean...

madboy
4th April 2005, 17:28
be kind of like being a copper and then going to jail if ya get what i mean...They got showers and soap on the assembly line?

**R1**
4th April 2005, 17:40
They got showers and soap on the assembly line?Hell no assemblers aint that lucky

spudchucka
4th April 2005, 17:46
you'd make a fine cop, I'm sure. :lol: :killingme :lol: :killingme

dangerous
4th April 2005, 17:49
well.... I'm on line :shifty:

dangerous
4th April 2005, 17:56
I've seen $30-$40 an hour happening.
LMFAO....... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh right, dout that it got any were near that even up your neck a the woods..... or are you refuring to labour only (contract)

Then you won't have to be paid to speed and be a wanker.. :killingme :killingme :killingme :whistle:
well, he will be paid.... wont have to speed, but will still be a wanker :msn-wink: ............ :killingme

GNR
4th April 2005, 18:09
hey

if your still lookin for a job, i know where you can get one, preatty sure its still open

If you have a few handy man skills, like can use power drills and shit, and have a good attertude, then you will be sweet

Job is installing pellet fires, for Natures Flame, (solid energy), its a good business that double in the last year, and keeps growin real fast. its good pay, (dunno what your standard of good pay is tho), and theres real good people there, only have to work weekdays, 8- about 5, varys with installs

if your keen pm me

Cheers

www.naturesflame.co.nz

sAsLEX
4th April 2005, 18:19
hey

www.naturesflame.co.nz

my boss has one at his place and they are bloody neat aye, all automated and still a fire not gas.

Couldn't shut him up about it when we were round there

jrandom
4th April 2005, 18:58
LMFAO....... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh right, dout that it got any were near that even up your neck a the woods..... or are you refuring to labour only (contract)

Dunno. $30-and-a-bit an hour was what I heard from my father-in-law who was having to pay them. I do remember a distinct feeling of annoyance that a mere hammerer of nails could pull down so much dosh. :bleh:

Storm
4th April 2005, 19:09
Dunno. $30-and-a-bit an hour was what I heard from my father-in-law who was having to pay them. I do remember a distinct feeling of annoyance that a mere hammerer of nails could pull down so much dosh. :bleh:
But without them building you a room for all the cool stuff of yours to go in, YOU wouldnt be making the big $$

Lilmsrocker
4th April 2005, 19:16
Ahh....well how about PLAN B.........And I am SO NOT EVEN making a joke here.......I was going to do this myself......hell I still might........I read in the paper about a guy here in CHCH that was desperate for people to help him pull asparagus...it paid $19.00 an hour to start....if he did not get help quick he was going to lose his crop....which he sadly had to have a mate plow 1/2 of it away as it was......$19.00 an hour sounds good to me!....Never done the work before myself ....and I am scared of spiders so I hope there aren't many!

dangerous
4th April 2005, 19:26
a distinct feeling of annoyance that a mere hammerer of nails could pull down so much dosh. :bleh:
hmmmm...... did you see my thread on my creations a month or so back? more than just hamer and nails goes into them man, hurts the old gray matter trying to figger out how to put lines n shit on a piece of paper into reality. :niceone:

soundbeltfarm
4th April 2005, 20:06
Ahh....well how about PLAN B.........And I am SO NOT EVEN making a joke here.......I was going to do this myself......hell I still might........I read in the paper about a guy here in CHCH that was desperate for people to help him pull asparagus...it paid $19.00 an hour to start....if he did not get help quick he was going to lose his crop....which he sadly had to have a mate plow 1/2 of it away as it was......$19.00 an hour sounds good to me!....Never done the work before myself ....and I am scared of spiders so I hope there aren't many!
i picked fruit for a job and done the asparagus pick and i'll tell 19 bucks is good.
when i was doing it it was piece work and paid by the tray.
its a cruisy job but hard on your back when you first do it.
bit boring but if u with a good crew its o.k
bit demoralising when you finish for the day and tomorrow you start again at the start of the row you finished yesterday

gav
4th April 2005, 21:52
Hey R1Aaron, don't suppose you have a HT licence, huh? Theres a truck driving job going where I work, you could have had my job, but think thats been filled.

ajturbo
4th April 2005, 23:18

my old man was a contractor.. he was charging $45/hr in AKL....wanted me to work for him... was going to get $30/hr... but who the fuck wants to live in AKL???

i have 5 acres. a job..(YES A JOB) $ 20/hr, a work van....... i was paying my boys $ 17/18/hr 10 years ago in nelson.... but who cares??? not me, it will pay the rent (yes RENT) and food and some savings...what more do i need???

dangerous
5th April 2005, 06:13
....... i was paying my boys $ 17/18/hr 10 years ago in nelson.... but who cares???
wages? thats bloody good pay for back then mate unless they had to pay there own tax.......... shit the chippy working were I do is only on $17 now... bullshit carpentry wages are, but WTF do ya doa aye?
BTW I care cos it pays for the bike, food, shit paper etc :niceone:

scumdog
5th April 2005, 07:53
ii was paying my boys $ 17/18/hr 10 years ago in nelson.... but who cares??? not me, it will pay the rent (yes RENT) and food and some savings...what more do i need???

Hell, 10yrs ago I was getting $12.60 an hour - and I was a supervisor at a mill!!! The only thing that kept the bills paid was I was doing 55 to 60 hours a week night shifts.

**R1**
5th April 2005, 09:10
Hey R1Aaron, don't suppose you have a HT licence, huh? Theres a truck driving job going where I work, you could have had my job, but think thats been filled.Cheers Gav, but no HT.....

**R1**
5th April 2005, 15:16
Well after my "sick" day today, i have found a possible 3 jobs plus your guys suggestions/offers, so its all looking like a new job, bike, house for R1Aaron, After 12 years with the same company i didnt realise it was so easy finding a job.

So a BIG THANKS to all you guys, i will let ya's know how i get on:niceone:

Indiana_Jones
5th April 2005, 15:29
some people get all the luck :(

-Indy

TonyB
5th April 2005, 15:29
Kewl. What bike are ya gonna buy?

After 12 years with the same company i didnt realise it was so easy finding a job. Yeh, it does get like that eh.

**R1**
5th April 2005, 16:25
Kewl. What bike are ya gonna buy?
.no brainer....05 R1:banana: :banana:

**R1**
5th April 2005, 16:27
some people get all the luck :(

-Indyseems 2b location bro....you need to shift :msn-wink:

jrandom
5th April 2005, 16:27
no brainer....05 R1:banana: :banana:

Given up worrying about being faster than the Trashman then, eh?

**R1**
5th April 2005, 16:30
Given up worrying about being faster than the Trashman then, eh?hahahaha NOT FUNNY, that trashy bastard can ride alright, but give me some time on a faster bike ..........rematch

Mongoose
5th April 2005, 21:40
hahahaha NOT FUNNY, that trashy bastard can ride alright, but give me some time on a faster bike ..........rematch

Yeah but let us see you ride a Harley 1200s like you do a R1 - then you WOULD have a challenge instead of a cruise like you are use to.

I bet that scumdog coiuld show you a thing or two, don't let him fool you, that scoot of his canreally go and handles good too!!

dangerous
5th April 2005, 21:56
I bet that scumdog could show you a thing or two, don't let him fool you, that scoot of his can really go and handles good too!!
Hell yes..... ya should a seen him leave the Woodstock rally, on one wheel he was.... bloody well cracked me up big time gut hurt after that for an hour.
Duno if it was cos C the Bimbo was on the back, but he got a damn good distance out of it. :2thumbsup

Mongoose
5th April 2005, 22:02
Hell yes..... ya should a seen him leave the Woodstock rally, on one wheel he was.... bloody well cracked me up big time gut hurt after that for an hour.
Duno if it was cos C the Bimbo was on the back, but he got a damn good distance out of it. :2thumbsup

Yeah and if there was any justice the wanker scumdog would be walking after that speed incident near Alexandra - 211kph and that was when he was brakiing. Fuckin' tosser!

dangerous
6th April 2005, 19:25
Yeah and if there was any justice the wanker scumdog would be walking after that speed incident near Alexandra - 211kph and that was when he was brakiing. Fuckin' tosser!
Dont realy like him to much do ya......... what he do, arest ya rattly tappit, or cuff ya for out running him :2thumbsup

Kickaha
6th April 2005, 19:41

But we know that speed is a gross exaggeration as you'd only get a Harley going that fast if you dropped it off a cliff :shake:

merv
6th April 2005, 20:45
I thought Scumdog was a cop and he knows its against the law to go over 100km/hr.

NordieBoy
6th April 2005, 20:54
Hell, 10yrs ago I was getting $12.60 an hour - and I was a supervisor at a mill!!! The only thing that kept the bills paid was I was doing 55 to 60 hours a week night shifts.

Well I get $60 per hour so neeerrr :ride:

Problem is that the hour starts when I sit down at the PC I'm fixing and I may only have one job that day :angry2:

I need more money as there are Nordwests of other colours I haven't got yet :whistle:

dangerous
6th April 2005, 21:04
I thought Scumdog was a cop and he knows its against the law to go over 100km/hr.
see the thread 'woodstock rally' theres a pic of him holding the bit a paper, I can vouch for its athentacy. :shifty:

scumdog
8th April 2005, 11:08
Well after my "sick" day today, i have found a possible 3 jobs plus your guys suggestions/offers, so its all looking like a new job, bike, house for R1Aaron, After 12 years with the same company i didnt realise it was so easy finding a job.

So a BIG THANKS to all you guys, i will let ya's know how i get on:niceone:

So I guess the police are safe from you in the meantime eh?? :killingme