Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Australia to bug bikes?

Bike
    Honda CX500 "Shithawk"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    RFID tags do not (at present anyway) have anything like the range for that scenario.
    But in the case of a proposed system for cars, they don't need to be Passive tags, they can be powered by the bike's electrics and therefore powerful. And the tags can send out the rego number of the car / number plate / what have you.
    Determined to kill my bike before it kills me

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam View Post
    But in the case of a proposed system for cars, they don't need to be Passive tags, they can be powered by the bike's electrics and therefore powerful. And the tags can send out the rego number of the car / number plate / what have you.
    Singapore uses a system along those lines for motorway tolls. Transceivers on bridges and whatnot debit money from your vehicle's prepaid toll account as you drive past. If you don't top up on time and drive through without enough credit, a fine is issued.

I know little of the system architecture, in terms of whether the smarts are contained in the car unit or in a centrally networked system between the sensors (I would suspect the latter, with car units just broadcasting an ID and being affixed to the car in some tamper-resistant fashion), but, well, there you go. Big Brother is already watching.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    the more determined THEY get
    the more determined I get
    ho hum
    ... ...

Grass wedges its way between the closest blocks of marble and it brings them down. This power of feeble life which can creep in anywhere is greater than that of the mighty behind their cannons....... - Honore de Balzac

Bike
    None any more
    The no-front-plates-on-motorcycles issue has been a supporating sore on the arse of Australian traffic "planners" for some years. If RFID won't work, then sure as eggs they'll find something that will. Or bikers will have to fit forward-facing regos. And given that our traffic boneheads looks to Australia for inspiration, be afraid...
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    It seems to me that in these days of high definition digital cameras, a longitudinal sticker on the mudguard would be good enough to be picked up by a speed camera.

Why go for the difficult options first?
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

if they fit devices to your bike, surely you may happen to "drop the bike" or spill petrol on said device. just beat it with a hammer, she'll be right. then every time you get one, say it broke and make them order you a new one _b

Knowing them, they will make you pay for the units tho, and have a law saying you must have a working on on ur bike at all times.
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    Suzuki GSX1250FA, TGB 50cc moped
    You guys are wayyyyy behind. The Electronic Toll road issue has already solved most of these problems, and the infrastructure is ALREADY in place.

All we lack is the electronic tags.

Don't believe me ?

Next time you are on your bike, on ANY state highway, and you come to an intersection, slow down so you have time to look for nutters AND little green boxes.

You will see a small, light green box, at almost all intersections, one in each possible direction of travel.

I'll take a photo of one tomorrow and post it, but just open your eyes, and you will see them.

What do they do ?

They are the backbone of electronically tolled roads and automated speeding tickets.

They already know that they will face a backlash of disconnected Electronic Tags - so they have built the enforcement system first.. before even discussing the tags.

How do they work ?

Sensors in the road at every intersection record your vehicles axel weights, speed, and axel spacing. So, without even needing to put a tag in your vehicle, or read your number plate, they can follow you on your ride. Even make a very good guess as to the make and model of your vehicle.

So when you disco the electronic tag, you will be easy to follow and ticket.

Google "Hyder consulting" "Intelligent transport systems " etc.

Hyder Consulting recenly purged their website of all the data, they don't even mention NZ now, but some of their promo pics still show NZ scenes.
    David must play fair with the other kids, even the idiots.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Hmmm...

OK, off the top of me 'ead.

Ditch all the dainty delicate stuff like the ECU and related transducers.

Install a magneto.
    Install a fucking huge EMP generator, triggered by proximity to anything small, green and attempting to read RFtags.

Edit: all's fair in love, war and tax avoidance.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    GSXR 750 (No 10)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usarka View Post
    Time checks between two fixed speed cameras.

Known distance / time, = average speed.

So even if you slow down for both cameras, whammo you get a ticket based on speed between two cameras.
    This does happen in some parts of the world via toll bridges. Some clever bastard has setup a coffee cart in front of the toll gate and folk park up and have a brew thereby lowering their average speed.

Now RFID chips could be argued to be some form of vehicle tracking, and if so the authorities would require a warrant in order to use them on your car/bike etc.
    Superdukes. Serving up shame to sportsbikes since ages ago.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo600 View Post
    authorities would require a warrant in order to use them on your car/bike etc.
    No, just a law change that all NZers will support because they allow every Big Brother move to happen provided some brainless intellectual tells them it's all about safety. The statistics support it. Speeding kills.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    750 auw
    And because we'll be told "if you're not breaking the law you have nothing to worry about"...

and another bolt's tightened.

Bike
    750 auw
    Thanks davereid... it looks like it really is a conspiracy this time.

Plenty of documents referring to Hyder... Like this one http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/res...eports/302.pdf skip to page 90 for the stuff on speed enforcement.....
    Last edited by Usarka; 18th December 2007 at 07:35. Reason: oops wrong link

Bike
    '94 YZF750R - RESTO TIME!
    Quote Originally Posted by davereid View Post
    Next time you are on your bike, on ANY state highway, and you come to an intersection, slow down so you have time to look for nutters AND little green boxes.

You will see a small, light green box, at almost all intersections, one in each possible direction of travel.
    Whilst that technology is available for the counter setups, New Zealand doesn't use it with the exception of counting traffic volume to establish AADT(Annual average daily traffic) Which we use for calculating neat things like delay times in large worksites, wear rates for the paving, etc.

In my experience working as a STMS on the transit network, being present for the installation of the loops(The things you see in the road that look like large octagons drawn on the ground next to the green boxes) - I am yet to see a site with the secondary induction lines to be able to measure distance/time.
    ---Cut Here---
    '94 YZF750R - I love the smell of new tyre in the morning...
    EXUP Brotherhood

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Hmmm...

OK, off the top of me 'ead.

Ditch all the dainty delicate stuff like the ECU and related transducers.

Install a magneto.
    Install a fucking huge EMP generator, triggered by proximity to anything small, green and attempting to read RFtags.

Edit: all's fair in love, war and tax avoidance.
    Oh god, we are going back to those ol' spitfire HT Leads again aren't we????? And i just but that humming from my mates mini out of my head too...
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries

got me thinking

Who says it not allready in your fuel injected bike.
    GOD BLESS CARBY's
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Thread Information