Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Brass Monkey Adventure

Bike
    02 ktm 640 enduro
    Quote Originally Posted by RedKLR650 View Post
    And rumour has it ...
    you been reading the womans day again ...

i'm a complete techno dork ... will have to catch up with CR & let him do his majic with me camera ... ryan ... HELP!!!
    ... you know it's a bit windy when you get passed by your own dust ...

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Well i had a fairly good ride back after visiting Stu today with the excepton of one small (read big) scare... after stopping in Ashburton for a Subway. I put my camera bag on the footpath behind my bike and proceeded to dig up a jersey from a pannier to put on. Once wrapped up and on my way i realised i wasn't wearing the backpack and remembered where i left it... oh crap. A quick u-turn and a couple of not so road rule friendly minutes later i was back just in time to save it from a guy going for a sub who was taking an interest in it.
    He may have been a good Samaritan and handed it to the shop, i don't know, but with my video camera, helmet camera and last days ride tape in it, it was such a relief having it back i was buzzing all the way home.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    2007 KLR 650 ( The original Model )

Thumbs up Lucky man......

Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Well i had a fairly good ride back after visiting Stu today with the excepton of one small (read big) scare... after stopping in Ashburton for a Subway. I put my camera bag on the footpath behind my bike and proceeded to dig up a jersey from my a pannier to put on. Once wrapped up and on my way i realised i wasn't wearing the backpack and remembered where i left it... oh crap. A quick u-turn and a couple of not so road rule friendly minutes later i was back just in time to save it from a guy going for a sub who was taking an interest in it. He may have been a good Samaritan and handed it to the shop, i don't know, but with my video camera, helmet camera and last days ride tape in it, it was such a relief having it back i was buzzing all the way home.
    Wow Carl, that really was kucky. I wasn't worried about my 2Gig of memoery sticks in your bag.....

No, really......

as for those not so friendly road rule minutes, a ticket would have really ruined the day

All good, Cheers, Stu
    My KLR thinks it's a Hyundai - running happily at the red-line hour after hour.....

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    yeh, i might have had trouble noticing the red and blue lights untill at Subway again.
    Your cards were safe in the Topbox.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Plug came to visit last night so I've got a few pics of his from the ride to put up here. Looks like you fullas got to travel through some interesting terrain. Also heard a few stories of broken, flooded and seized bikes. Not a bad effort by the sounds of it.

Anyway enough dribble, pix time. Going to try putting the pixs inline with the text. If it is a pain in the arse let me know and I'll go back to the usual and attach them.

Seems the KTM Adv had a bright idea when it got out of bed in the morning. Either that or its enjoying the tickeling its owner is giving it!
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Heading up from Omarama over Omarama Station.

The infamous creek crossing - a mere puddle it looks!

RedKLR650 taking the plunge.

Essentials just above the water line.

Made it with janglies still jangling.

Transalpers bike emerging.

Whats this a mighty KTM 990 AdvS on its back begging for mercy? A spark plug spanner is a good idea aye? (thought you didnt get any pics Stu?)

Nearly done getting a valve open to drain the water.

A different 990 getting a fang on wet grass.

Opps too many pics in this post to rest are in next post.

Cheers R
    Last edited by cooneyr; 8th June 2007 at 08:42. Reason: duh grammer
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Second installment of Plugs pix.

Mick and co bailing after reaching Paerau on the Saturday.

Getting snowed on on top of the Old Dunstan 1 track. Sounds like the jeep driver was lucky these 5 journeymen turned up.

The motley crew at Oldriders house for a cupper (yer right!)

Port Hills from the Brothers Road. That cow likes you P - I can tell.

What? Beemers dont have "isssssuuuuessss"!!! Kiwi bodging at its best.

Southern Alps (my guess is the Ben Ohau Range) viewed through Mackenzie Pass with Albury in the foreground from Brothers Road.

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    02 ktm 640 enduro
    Cheers R ...

Bike
    2007 KLR 650 ( The original Model )

Thumbs up Good effort.....

Quote Originally Posted by PLUG View Post
    Cheers R ...
    Excellent photos Pete, somehow that river doesn't look as deep ( Or cold )as I remember it on the day

Great shots, do you have any more ??

Stu
    My KLR thinks it's a Hyundai - running happily at the red-line hour after hour.....

Bike
    02 ktm 640 enduro
    Quote Originally Posted by RedKLR650 View Post
    do you have any more ??
    Stu
    na mate, thats them ...

for me it wasn't the depth of that stream crossing (done deeper) it was the size of the rocks in the bottom of the stream combined with the swiftness/volume of the water going through the channel that rung my alarm bells ... hit one of those rocks in the bottom wrong upsets balance/momentum of ya bike & the volume/swiftness of the water takes over & everything gets a dunking ...

if ya look hard enough at the picture of us on the top of Dunstan 1 you will see flakes of snow ... on the ride to the top it turned from rain to icey sleet to snow when we got up there ... the wind speed was up making the chill factor real brass monkey stuff

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by PLUG View Post
    na mate, thats them ...

for me it wasn't the depth of that stream crossing (done deeper) it was the size of the rocks in the bottom of the stream combined with the swiftness/volume of the water going through the channel that rung my alarm bells ... hit one of those rocks in the bottom wrong upsets balance/momentum of ya bike & the volume/swiftness of the water takes over & everything gets a dunking ...

if ya look hard enough at the picture of us on the top of Dunstan 1 you will see flakes of snow ... on the ride to the top it turned from rain to icey sleet to snow when we got up there ... the wind speed was up making the chill factor real brass monkey stuff
    Pardon me for asking.....................but where are the pics???? John.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    mmm, i see them, they are embedded in the posts between the writing. If you don't see them i'd wonder if you somehow have them blocked. Or maybe they are still loading if on a slower connection.
    Attached pic is how i see them (the first one anyhow)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	63205  
    Last edited by Transalper; 8th June 2007 at 13:40. Reason: added attachment

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    mmm, i see them, they are embedded in the posts between the writing. If you don't see them i'd wonder if you somehow how them blocked. Or maybe they are still loading if on a slower connection.
    Was wondered if this was going to cause grief. Those that are on slower web connections will probably find that they take a while to load. Shouldn't be any different to opening them from an attachments other than things happen in a different order and they are part of the text section of the post.

Cheers R

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyr View Post
    Was wondered if this was going to cause grief. Those that are on slower web connections will probably find that they take a while to load. Shouldn't be any different to opening them from an attachments other than things happen in a different order and they are part of the text section of the post.

Cheers R
    No it isn't causing me problems now, my puter was blocking me from seeing them!

That ford has always been deep on the upstream side, not the first, wont be the last to try that side, so don't worry about it! Thanks for the pics, John.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650

Bike
    2001 BMW F650GS Dakar
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyr View Post
    Going to try putting the pixs inline with the text. If it is a pain in the arse let me know and I'll go back to the usual and attach them.
    video attachment
    Thanks cooneyr and transalper for sharing the photos and video. Will definitely make an effort to get my arse there next year.

Cheers,
    Windboy.

Thread Information