Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI Image Generation

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore

AI Image Generation

Has anyone here tried it?

I had a dabble recently, after seeing some of the imagery created from the lyrics of 'Master of Puppets' - and was thoroughly impressed, so I decided to give it a go.

https://creator.nightcafe.studio

Here is the one I used - and this is what 'I' created.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mWvTPAshxrBGTqbkpo4e--1--cue2o.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	351888Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1koF9bvM9YGdJxNjQCcK--1--vt58k.jpg 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	351889

in case anyone is curious - alluring 40k Female Assassin and alluring warhammer 40K female assassin inquisitor fierce were the prompts I gave it, as well as picking an art style (which is essentially a whole bunch of prompts in the background)/

The site works off of credits (each image, depending on Complexity of run-time - aka Compute resource, has a cost) - you can earn credits by sharing images or signing up for Premium.

Either way, I think it's kinda fun.

Edit:

Cause we are on a motorbike forum:
    Isle of man tt guy Martin motorbike speed knee down- and using the photo theme

Name:	poB1JFiNX3hy0DVyPW24--1--7pd18.jpg 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	351890
    Last edited by TheDemonLord; 21st November 2022 at 20:32. Reason: More fun added
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I have a couple of mates who dabble with this and come up with images for specific promotions.

Some of the stuff I have seen is absolutely mental, freaky, almost scary.

Cheers for the link, might have a wee dabble. Nubile + strawberries + Dachshund..
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I have a couple of mates who dabble with this and come up with images for specific promotions.

Some of the stuff I have seen is absolutely mental, freaky, almost scary.

Cheers for the link, might have a wee dabble. Nubile + strawberries + Dachshund..
    It's great fun.

One of these is again, Warhammer 40K - asking it for Space Wolves - and I'm very impressed, it's got the colours right (blue and Yellow) and they appear to be wearing something akin to Power Armour, even with the backpack and the runic belt.

It's not quit there as it's pictured with the head of Wulfen (major 40K Nerd lore happening) but it's damn close.

The other two - I decided to go with a more freakish theme(s)

Name:	3LRwoINjHNRiFd56FcY9--1--fharj.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	351895Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ng6KmV4JK0ZELI1bGAmg--1--oqzb4.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	351896Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ui2bzJHnVYjhI2WpcJ4y--1--kp3p4.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	351897

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    This article may, or may not, be of interest to you TDL.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...d-humans-unite

The idea of linking literary AI and art AI is interesting, custom work ideas and 3d printers spring immediately to mind.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    On this very subject - this is scary.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-...ture/101678206

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    On this very subject - this is scary.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-...ture/101678206
    It is very interesting.

There are aspects of AI, which are a mirror into those places which we don't talk about due to politeness.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    It is very interesting.

There are aspects of AI, which are a mirror into those places which we don't talk about due to politeness.
    For sure. I haven't read much on ensuring that AI has decent human sensibilities.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    For sure. I haven't read much on ensuring that AI has decent human sensibilities.
    I've read a little, but more in terms of the opposite direction - why AI seems to say the 'unsayable'.

For example - I think it was Amazon that did a trial run of having an AI analyze CVs (they never actually used it). The idea being that an AI would have no Racial or Gender or Political biases, it's pure data and so would be impartial and only select the best candidate.

They initially trained it to look for Excellence... Which meant it started automatically filtering out all the Women's applications.

So they went in to try and correct this (IIRC it was told not to look for indicators of the applicants Gender)

However the AI would then simply look for other things like going to a Girls only school or Women's chess club and would filter those out.

Eventually they shut it down.

The interesting question is 'why'? And this isn't an isolated example, there have been numerous AIs where they have gotten very some very spicy outcomes (There's another one where an AI completes the phrase "A Muslim walks into a..." - you can use your imagination as to what sort of Spicy results it came up with)

If you consider the CV AI, if your criteria is being the best, the absolute best, then the AI very quickly learned that all the people that were the absolute best... were men. To quote Jordan Peterson "The Best woman in the world can beat most men, the Best man in the world can beat all women" - and so the AI makes the following logical conclusion:

If I am to look for the best of the best, and Men are the best of the best, then it's logical to screen out all women, as they will never be the best of the best.

It's an absolutely ruthless, yet none-the-less logically correct conclusion.

Now, in the real world, we know to a degree that the absolute peak of human performance is almost always going to be Male (both physical and mental) - but we also know that most situations don't require the absolute peak of human performance - McDonalds don't require an Elon Musk or Bill Gates type genius to run a Drivethru - so in the real world, we don't automatically filter out Women because:

1: Holy shit that would be sexist as hell
    2: It would also be illegal as hell
    3: The vast vast vast majority of situations fall within the capabilities of an average person (be they men or women)

However it does show that there is something that is 'true' but in reality is unspeakable and morally wrong - yet an AI doesn't have those latter concepts.

Bike
    2005 Z750S
    That didn't sound right. The idea that Men were implicitly better (at almost anything) sounded more like a result of biased training. Accepting that idea sounds like incel behaviour.

First google result on this: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN1MK08G

That is because Amazon’s computer models were trained to vet applicants by observing patterns in resumes submitted to the company over a 10-year period. Most came from men, a reflection of male dominance across the tech industry.
    That puts a very different spin on it, and seems to confirm the biased training idea. Give it a few years and they'll try again with a better dataset.

(Many years ago I read of a U.S. military project to train an A.I. to spot tanks. They showed it lots of pictures of trees and bushes and stuff - with tanks hiding behind some of them. It learned to spot them very well in their set of pics. Then they realised all the pictures with tanks had been taken with different camera settings, and it had basically learned to spot the darker pics. (I imagine this project would work better now.))

I'm in I.T. - I don't claim to be the "best of the best", but I do OK. And have worked with plenty of Women who were equal or (with no hurts feels) better than me. Amazon would be daft to not hire Women - for many reasons.
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pzkpfw View Post
    That didn't sound right. The idea that Men were implicitly better (at almost anything) sounded more like a result of biased training. Accepting that idea sounds like incel behaviour.
    Not 'Men', a very very very very specific subset of Men. Think IT Pioneers, even if you include Ada Lovelace, Grace Hopper, Hedy Lamarr etc. you've got to put them up against the likes of Babbage, Turing, Gates, Musk, Bezos, Jobs, Wozniak, Dorsey, Zuckerberg, Berners-lee etc.

Pick almost any field, you'll see the same distribution, a very small number of people are responsible for most of the innovation within that field and the majority of those will be Men.

Even in fields where Women are the overwhelming Majority - see competitive Scrabble. This has nothing to do with Incel behavior - but your aversion to it is exactly the type of social taboo that an AI isn't burdened with.

First google result on this: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN1MK08G

That puts a very different spin on it, and seems to confirm the biased training idea. Give it a few years and they'll try again with a better dataset.
    I disagree with the Bias theory, on two fronts:

1: A lot of the 'bias' studies have been shown to be bunk, the 'research' is not statistically derived.
    2: Just having a large number of Males in the data does not explain why it filtered out Women.

Reading the brief, from the Reuters article, it was looking for the top 5 candidates for say a sample of 100 CVs - it was looking for excellence. And what it worked out is simply an expression of my opening line - if all the absolute best in their fields share a common characteristic, then to save time, we will exclude anything that doesn't match that characteristic.

And the fact this continued, despite manual intervention to counter it, suggests that the statistical basis for it is very strong.

(Many years ago I read of a U.S. military project to train an A.I. to spot tanks. They showed it lots of pictures of trees and bushes and stuff - with tanks hiding behind some of them. It learned to spot them very well in their set of pics. Then they realised all the pictures with tanks had been taken with different camera settings, and it had basically learned to spot the darker pics. (I imagine this project would work better now.))
    Stories like that highlight just how interesting this sort of process is.

I'm in I.T. - I don't claim to be the "best of the best", but I do OK. And have worked with plenty of Women who were equal or (with no hurts feels) better than me. Amazon would be daft to not hire Women - for many reasons.
    Completely agree - but You and I, both in IT aren't the very tip of the iceberg - we are both good enough (I hope...) for our respective roles. If you were to put my CV (as good as it is) up against the type of person that would say being doing an Architectural lead role at the likes of Amazon, I'd be one of the 95 CVs filtered out as well.

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)

AI art

I've seen music videos set to AI generated art, based on the lyrics. It's really surreal!

It's getting better all the time, I was so impressed by the images made by the computer animation team at Corridor Digital (see below) that use faces of friends to make story book pictures with the same characters.

Imagine making your own graphic novel or story art, album cover or posters?

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Create your own game character and talk with them... Astonishing how far things have come in 30 or so years.

https://newatlas.com/games/inworld-origins-ai-npc/
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    The implications of the mental health and political influence of next generation of children is a real worry

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/04/wh...-best-friends/

I mean we are already seeing the damage an infiltration of the education system has done just imagine when it’s everywhere. Don’t feed the machine
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    The implications of the mental health and political influence of next generation of children is a real worry

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/04/wh...-best-friends/

I mean we are already seeing the damage an infiltration of the education system has done just imagine when it’s everywhere. Don’t feed the machine
    The current generations of kids, parents and grandparents are already firmly, and usually ignorantly, ensconced in their echo chambers.

KB is a blaring example of the impact. AI will only change the interface.

I enjoy reading this guy's perspective on the internet of things. Jaron Lanier.
    Last edited by george formby; 18th April 2023 at 13:09. Reason: Bored.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Have a listen to this guy trying to sell us the latest con job.
    Your next PC has AI permenant installed on a seperate chip.
    It’s “safe” because it’s on “your” computer(that’s basically always accessible via net) instead of cloud.
    And cough, cough ahem bullshit you have the “option” to turn it off.

How does it work? It’s continually taking screen shots of everything you’re doing on “your” computer analysing that, cataloguing and archiving that info. In the video it’s shown as useful for the woman to find a brown leather bag she’d seen online somewhere.

Of course there’s no reason at all the thought police or intellectual property theirs would ever use this to steal your inventions/creative works or accuse of thought crime minority report style.

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information